My name is Striker. I am the current host of the Leaderboard and the 2011 Co-King of Card Contests. Ask me anything.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oi m8, y don't u play soccer? u gay or something? 

I'm more of an american football person than anything else. And thanks for reminding me of being teased in the 5th grade. It sometimes happened when I wanted to play it during recess. >>

how were you torn by war?

Reference to the 2010 hate thread Larxene made about me for the most part.

I'm more of an american football person than anything else. And thanks for reminding me of being teased in the 5th grade. It sometimes happened when I wanted to play it during recess. >>

Relax bbcakes, just a joke. 

Serious question though, you seem pretty keen on moderating. Any reason for this particularly?

Relax bbcakes, just a joke. 

Serious question though, you seem pretty keen on moderating. Any reason for this particularly?

Before I answer that, I'll give some insight that some people already know. I was once a moderator for HD forums back in 2010. I was a mod for a few months until my internet access was cut short and I had to take an involuntary hiatus. I enjoyed my job as General mod, though I did have to deal with members like Riku and had to deal with somewhat annoying mods like Oleon. Eventually, my inactivity from my previously mentioned hiatus lost me my job.

Now to answer your question. Up until a year or so ago, I felt that modship was the only way to make a greater impact on the forum. Granted, I had some selfish reasons like wanting to have a place of authority and the respect that comes with the job, though it was wanting to help the forum that brought everything together. Then 2012 came in when I had a chance to get the job through Alfred (two chances actually, though does his failed election really count?). I had all these plans for Custom Cards that I felt I could only accomplish with modship. And yes, both chances failed. After that, I took a chance with the Leaderboard. I figured that I could do something without modship and help a part of Custom Cards that was essentially dead at the time. My gamble paid off, and things have been fine with that ever since. Recently, I helped Zextra update the Custom Cards rules (something that really needed to be done and that Zextra hadn't had the time to do at all). It's a step up from what I did with the Leaderboard, and it's something that will help the section.

Does all that mean I don't want modship anymore? The answer to that is no. I mean, I can assume that a lot of people here aspire to become mods with myself included. What I have learned is that everybody can be a mod and that a select few that have the complete trust of the current mod team will only be promoted. I also learned that any member can make a difference on this forum if they put in the effort. In all honestly, I'd take the job if it was offered to me as a way to support and improve this forum that we come on daily, especially the section I call home. Do I need modship for that? No. Would modship help with that? Absolutely. Am I worthy of modship? That's not for me to decide.

I hope all that begins to answer your question, Night.

Archived