My name is Striker. I am the current host of the Leaderboard and the 2011 Co-King of Card Contests. Ask me anything.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why So Jealous of me ??

Who are you?

What did you have to do to win the title of "2011 Co-King of Card Contests"? What sort of advice would give to an aspiring Card Creator?

It was one of the awards from the now defunct YCM Awards. I was voted by my peers mainly for my hosting abilities, but Smesh tied so we both were made Co-King. As for advice, I have two main things. The first is to at least lurk in the TcG section to know what is going on with the game and apply that information. The other is to not be afraid to experiment and fail. Card making is a process that takes time and dedication to improve on. One cannot improve if they are afraid of failure.

you own nothing

nothing

Do I own the credit for creating the original Leaderboard? No, that belongs to Smesh. Did I revamp the Leaderboard to its current format? Yes.

why havent you set your hair on fire yet

Because I don't want to. And I thought you wanted nothing to do with me?

Why won't you notice me Senpai? ;w;

Because I don't want to be anyone's Senpai atm. I have other things to worry about.

Nice award you got there...

The 2011 YCM Awards weren't well organized. The award logos were never made for that year.

When you first thought of the idea for the Leaderboard, did you think it'd be a success?

Honestly, I felt that something had to be done with it. The previous format that the Leaderboard operated on (i.e. strictly all-time wins) had no effect on the 1v1 subforum. In fact, the 1v1 subforum was practically dead for sometime. I've always had a soft-spot for that subforum, so I felt I had to do something to bring it back again. Though mainly I revamped the Leaderboard since I saw no one was doing anything with it, so I stepped in and redid everything. Did I expect it to be a success? Somewhat. My main goal was to bring life back into the subforum, and that has been done.

Archived