[TCG] Astral Pack 5

Astral Pack 5

Astral Pack 5 is the latest prize pack for the Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME’s official and sanctioned tournaments! Astral Packs reprint some of the most popular tournament-level cards and can be used as participation prizes for Duelists entering local tournaments or as prizing at KONAMI Official Tournament Stores. Astral Packs are only available to KONAMI Official Tournament Stores. Cards from Astral Pack 5 will go hand-in-hand with the upcoming Realm of Light Structure Deck, with Jenis, Lightsworn Mender and Charge of the Light Brigade for followers of the Lightsworn theme and the highly sought-after Bujin Yamato and Bujingi Turtle for fans of the Bujin theme with the newly-revamped 2014 Mega-Tins!

Ultimate Rares:
AP05-EN0?? Pot of Duality
AP05-EN0?? Bujin Yamato
AP05-EN0?? Gagaga Cowboy

Super Rares:
AP05-EN0?? Jenis, the Lightsworn Mender
AP05-EN0?? Mermail Abysspike
AP05-EN0?? Bujingi Turtle
AP05-EN0?? Full House
AP05-EN0?? Overworked
AP05-EN0?? Geargiarsenal
AP05-EN0?? Card Trooper
AP05-EN0?? Advanced Ritual Art
AP05-EN0?? Star Drawing
AP05-EN0?? Charge of the Light Brigade

I can understand Charge being here due to it not being in the SD (the OCG one at least), and the Dragons Collide SD being hard to find these days.

Yamato definitely needed a reprint, though I thought it'd be in the Mega tins.

If Turtle isn't a Super in here, I'd be very surprised indeed

No comments on Jenis whatsoever.

• 2 months later...

charge should really have been a common, kinda a lame reprint. ara, star drawing and jenis (???) are all iffy, the other 6 aren't bad at all. 

the ultis looks very nice but i feel some stuff deserved it more (leo leo leo) and cowboy isn't really that amazing.

Star Drawing deserves to be a holo though. its soooo good.

The only thing holding it back, is not being a fairy. It'd turn Instant Fusion into a pot of greed. (Noden --> Star Drawing --> Fairy Cheer Girl), but its not, so that combo isnt possible, but you still can go into 101/Rebellion/Castel and draw off it.

Le commons

10525934_258650074334138_768450690495855

Skelgon is the new card that's coming to TCG in this pack and will be the short print

Oh come on!
None of the commons add anything really new (Save Copy Plant and Book of Moon but those were already common and easy to find), and so that Fusion was the most interesting piece there... short print? uh...

Oh come on!
None of the commons add anything really new (Save Copy Plant and Book of Moon but those were already common and easy to find), and so that Fusion was the most interesting piece there... short print? uh...

All the new Fusions in the Astral Pack were short prints, so it's not surprising.

But yeah I agree, the commons are nothing special tbh

Archived