July 2014 Ban List Prediction/Wishes

We don't have an official thread for this type of topic, so I'm posting my own predictions separately.  It's kind of half-wish, half-prediction, as some of these aren't likely to happen, but whatever.

Banned:

Evilswarm Excition Knight (Only real thing I can think of to actually Ban)

Limited:

Dark Magician of Chaos (The usual OP card unbanning)

Bujingi Crane (This falls into the same category as Honest.  Only other thing I could think of for Bujins is Yamato itself or Hare)

Madolche Hootcake (Best card to hit for this deck)

Traptrix Myrmeleo (I don't want a HAT format so I nipped that in the bud by hitting this)

Chain Strike (Burn decks can die in a fire (pun intended))

Dragon Ravine (Can probably be back.)

Abyssphere (Mermail hit)

Geargieagear (Ridiculous card)

Semi-Limited:

BotFF - Spirit (Wish more than a prediction, but makes up for hitting Tenki in FF decks)

Geargiaarmor (Not limit-worthy, but hit-worthy)

Thunder King Rai-Oh (I'd like to see this at 2)

Book of Moon (See TKRO)

Dragon Shrine (Hits those various Mythic/Hieratic Ruler decks that have been topping)

Fire Formation - Tenki (Hits Bujins, although a questionable hit imo)

Unlimited:

Can't think of much to Unlimit right now.

So yeah.  Feel free to rip this thing to shreds.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would hit Soul Charge, but it JUST came out and lolKoonami probably wants to make a bit more money off DRGL and PRIO, so I doubt anything in those sets will get hit just yet.

konami aren't afraid to hit cards that are that ridiculously imbalanced (see spellbook of judgment and sixth sense)

konami aren't afraid to hit cards that are that ridiculously imbalanced (see spellbook of judgment and sixth sense)

they knew sixth sense was a single spot run, it was already banned in the OCG, they just wanted to let people enjoy it shortly.

spellbook of judgement was a mistake just like the rulers.

• 2 weeks later...

Ban:

-Soul Charge

-Rank-up-Magic The Seventh One

-Bottomles Trap Hole

Limit:

-Madolche Hootcake

-Elemental HERO Stratos

-Instant Fusion(Elder God Noden...)

-Number 101: Silent Honor ARK

-Super Polymerization

- Heavy Storm

Semi-Limit:

-Mermail Abysslinde

-Traptrix Myrmeleo

-Ice Hand/Fire Hand

-Geargiagear

-Dimensional Fissure

- Gorz The Emissary of Darkness

Unlimited:

-Mermail Abyssgunde

-Evgishki Gustkraken

-Card Trooper

- Mirror Force

Ban:

-Soul Charge I would only limit it right now. It hasn't been as impactful as people first thought, though it does deserve attention

-Rank-up-Magic The Seventh One Are you serious? Has no use in competitive play

-Bottomles Trap Hole Good but won't happen because they still want to sel PRIO

Limit:

-Madolche Hootcake Good

-Elemental HERO Stratos No. A substitute is coming out so it is unnecessary and bad for the game

-Instant Fusion(Elder God Noden...) Yeah

-Number 101: Silent Honor ARK Pointless. Most decks don't play more than 1 and it doesn't even deserve attention

-Super Polymerization I suppose its a Shadoll hit but it might not happen so they can sell new HERO support

- Heavy Storm So much no

Semi-Limit:

-Mermail Abysslinde Unnecessary. The deck has been hit enough and won't last that much longer anyway.

-Traptrix Myrmeleo Unnecessary as you banned Bottomless.

-Ice Hand/Fire Hand Good move but won't happen

-Geargiagear Needs to be @1 or 0

-Dimensional Fissure Much no.

- Gorz The Emissary of Darkness Sure, its not seem play at all recently, but bad design is bad design and Gorz isn't healthy for the game.

Unlimited:

-Mermail Abyssgunde I actually thought this was a good hit to Mermails to slap them on the wrist but to keep them in existence, remove this and the semi-limit to Gunde.

-Evgishki Gustkraken Isn't there some loop thing? Idk...

-Card Trooper Oh, you want a TroopDupeScoop format? If you ban Machine Dupe, then this can come back to 3.

- Mirror Force I think 2 is a good number to have Mirror Force at

Most of the changes are unnecessary but I've seen worse lists.

Most of the changes are unnecessary but I've seen worse lists.

xD have you ever seen seventh one in Sylvans, this thing can bring out a 4500 beater omg and you can put it on the top, but ok i understand your point..sylvans havent topped anything yet

Oh come on xd i would like to see how everyone would be afraid of filling the backrow and putting starlight roads bcuz of Heavy Storm. And wouldnt be a problem for Artifact players (actually, i hate this actual stall decks format)

rum7 is sacky rather than overpowered, i wouldn't be too opposed to its ban but it's v, unlikely as konami don't like to hit sacky cards just because they're sacky.

i'd like to see storm back too, i don't think blindly setting 5 backrow is good for the game, i feel you need to choose what backrow you set carefully. exciton goes somewhere towards repairing this but it's possible to set double breakthrough or something and not even worry about that. exciton, however, has other issues and i'd like it banned tbh.

the only really bad hit there that i can see is gorz to 2 - just because a card's not used doesn't mean it should go up, it rewards players for being in a losing position.

xD have you ever seen seventh one in Sylvans, this thing can bring out a 4500 beater omg and you can put it on the top, but ok i understand your point..sylvans havent topped anything yet
Oh come on xd i would like to see how everyone would be afraid of filling the backrow and putting starlight roads bcuz of Heavy Storm. And wouldnt be a problem for Artifact players (actually, i hate this actual stall decks format)

Yeah, but that's because Sylvans are the only deck to actually make T71 consistent.
And Limiting Heavy Storm would make things worse with Artifacts around.
Plus, why Instant Fusion? Noden's a KOREAN-EXCLUSIVE card. We are not getting it for quite some time.

That list was garbage, so idk how it wasn't the worst.

BTH in no way deserves a ban, it's totally fair at 1, and Traptrix are just a decent engine that don't break it.
Soul Charge only deserves a limit for now
RUM7 is terrible and hasn't had a reason to be hit.

Hootcake is just about the worst SINGULAR card to hit in the deck because it can still combo out, and I doubt Madolche will get hit in any real way anyways.
Stratos wouldn't damage the gamestate in any way, and will probably be unbanned come SD27.
Instant Fusion deserves a hit but Noden isn't here so won't happen
ARK isn't even that bad, and there are arguably better R4s that need hits before EVER hitting it.
Super Poly is a totally fair card and in no way deserves a hit.
Heavy Storm could come back, but Exciton does the "don't overextend" game better.

Abysslinde is hardly the card to hit if anything, when the turtle, sphere, etc. exist. Not that Mermail NEED another hit.
Myrmeleo is a totally fine card. Wow, you can search BTH or some niche Trap Hole instead of doing your deck's plays for that turn, unless you're HATE. How horrible.
Hands deserve it and are not that unlikely to be semi'd, seeing as TCG Konami gives half a damn.
Geargiagear should be limited with Armor semi'd, soooooooo
DiFi should never move back up
Gorz is only irrelevant because it's at 1. The higher it moves, the more relevant it actually becomes. Moving it up is nothing but unhealthy.

Abyssgunde is fine at 1 because it's a way to hit the deck without shutting it down totally.
Gustkraken is a degenerate FTK/Hand Rape card.
While TroopDupeScoop is unlikely, it is still unhealthy to bring this card back with Machine Duplication not limited or banned.
There's no reason to move mirror force at all

Ban:

-Soul Charge

-Rank-up-Magic The Seventh One

-Bottomles Trap Hole

Limit:

-Madolche Hootcake

-Elemental HERO Stratos

-Instant Fusion(Elder God Noden...)

-Number 101: Silent Honor ARK

-Super Polymerization

- Heavy Storm

Semi-Limit:

-Mermail Abysslinde

-Traptrix Myrmeleo

-Ice Hand/Fire Hand

-Geargiagear

-Dimensional Fissure

- Gorz The Emissary of Darkness

Unlimited:

-Mermail Abyssgunde

-Evgishki Gustkraken

-Card Trooper

- Mirror Force

Bolded are the huge nos.

RUM71 isn't even used in legit competitive decks.

Getting Stratos back when Shadow Mist is on the horizon? Fuck no.

We don't have Noden yet, no need to hit Instant Fusion.

Super Poly is just unnecessary

Heavy Storm can stay gone, we have enough backrow destruction as it is.

Gorz? @2? I'm really really iffy on this, but I'd be willing to let it slide

Unlimiting Gustkraken? Really? Do you really want Hieratic Gishki Hand-Loops to be a thing again?

Banned:

Infernity Archfiend (has a lot of loops thanks to Soul Charge and it doesn't sell anymore, so might as well ban it to try to push Soul Charge)

Limited:

Geargiarmor (absolutely ridiculous card that is searchable by everything in the deck, and can search everything in the deck.  Also an old card that doesn't sell anymore, so might as well hit this too)

Dragon Shrine (Dragons weren't already doing a lot anyway, but let's hit the nail in the coffin just to be safe)

Soul Charge (Konami's way of "fixing" its "balanced" design)

Abyss-Spere (Mermails are still a amazing deck that still manages to steal some tops, because Abyss-Spere still triggers way too many plays. Also old card, doesn't sell, might as well, etc.)

Semi-limited:

Fire Formation - Tenki (Hits Fire Fists just to be safe while "hurting" Bujins in the process)

Compulsory Evacuation Device (Pretty awful card that isn't doing anything and it can do something next format, but it really isn't that noticeable. Might as well move it down)

Unlimited:

Tragoedia (does absolutely nothing and only gets worse as time moves on. Running 3 Tragoedias is an awful idea anyway)

Dark Strike Fighter (errata makes it balanced and will get a reprint in the LC 5D's set)

My predictions what might happen, and I really doubt they hit the best decks that have been playable for barely 3 months.

Compulsory Evacuation Device (Pretty awful card that isn't doing anything and it can do something next format, but it really isn't that noticeable. Might as well move it down)

Not disagreeing totally, but this is kinda wrong.

It's run in 3s in the OCG because it's the best answer to a lot of post-DUEA shit.

While I believe it should be bumped to 2, it's a needed card, even at 1, post-PRIO.

I love how Silenth hijacked my thread instead of making his own...

=.- you still don't understand that making a dozen threads with different ban list theories is inefficient to just sharing and discussing them all in one thread?

We don't exactly have an "official" thread for July 2014 list predictions.  This thread is the closest to an official thread, and was made after mine, so he/she should've posted in that one.

Thought there was a rule against "hijacking" threads like that anyway.

You're still not grasping my point. No, we dont have an official thread, because a bunch of you inefficient wastes decided to make 4 different threads instead of just being halfway intelligent and making one tagged [Official].

The thread wasnt hijacked, it did what it was supposed to: spark conversation and see what other people think should be hit and unhit. We only need one thread for that, not half a dozen. But since we already do, we can at least try to let some die and post our own lists in the others.

A lot of people disagree with me, but as far as Madolhe getting git ALL I see their field spell.
Think about it +500 buff to everything
Automatically go back to hand
Not to mention when it's activated they replenish all their resources.
I don't think banning semi-limiting or banning 1 monster is going to do it because they have so many way of getting it back.

A lot of people disagree with me, but as far as Madolhe getting git ALL I see their field spell.
I don't think banning semi-limiting or banning 1 monster is going to do it because they have so many way of getting it back.

i'd say the card that allows you to search it while also getting out a 1500 and a 1600 beater is a little worse

The good decks only run 1 copy of chateau, so that is like putting Spore @1. It does nothing.

Archived