Earth-7: Young Justice Initiative [IC]

Ren✧

Denila had her arms crossed and has staring at V passively. Having to spar without her powers was annoying but if things went right. In the future she just might be able to over power everyone at once without them. Course she'd need consent from Sarge in order to get that special training from Palm for that to happen. Which could go either way. When V charged at her, she thought to herself, "Well that's easy enough to avoid..........practically amateurish". Side stepping to the right, she got out of the way and then pivoted with her left leg outward, aiming a punch at the back of V's head.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Draco was surprised how easily she seemed to recover from his starting attack, finding himself hit in the back of the legs and causing him to lose his standing. As Draco  hit the ground he attempted to use the momentum of his fall to fold himself, bringing his then bent legs up to his stomach, to prevent any expected attempt to pin him down within the next couple seconds. Draco would then push Sin back with both legs, each snapping out from their bent position to being fully straight as she closed in on him in her attempt to pin him to the ground. Draco would use this opening to regain an attempt at the upper hand, rolling himself forwards so that his legs were beneath him as he watched Sin for her reaction. Following this roll would be Draco launching himself off the ground, in an attempt to tackle the female to the ground to where she could be immobilized by his heavier frame holding her down, "lets see how well you handle a takedown then.." he would then say as he launched himself.

The boy in bandages didn't so much as dodge the punch that was coming at the back of his head...more like he turned into it. Instead of hitting the back of his head. Denila got V straight in the jaw. But what was more surprising was the boys reaction or better yet lack of a reaction. Sure his head had moved with his face turned to the side. Unfortunately that was the end of that. He just stood still with a fist lodged in his face thinking of what to do next. The fun thing about being a young Vindice is that combat training is extremely one-sided and brutal. All about learning to fight as a team to take down opponents who are stronger than you. And new members get the glorious pleasure of being meat shields for the higher ranking family members. So V had gotten pretty used to getting beat up. So much so that a sparring punch from a teammate wouldn't even hurt.

Nevertheless, V was still happy that he got to spar against a teammate. She was so awesome...not for any reason in particular other than the fact that she was an important part of this new awesome adventure. That being said V used this chance to scissor Denila's extended arm with his hands hopefully breaking it. 

Denila's right fist connected with V's face but V didn't seemed phased by it at all. Before she could back her arm V moved in for a cross chop. Denila pulled back but wasn't fast enough and the attack connected with her wrist. A sickening crunch was the result. Fortunately her wrist wasn't broken but it was bent in an odd direction. Denila who previously had a passive look on her face was contorted to that of agony and rage. Jumping back, her instantly turned into the eery glowing blue. "You insignificant mongrel! Sit BOY!" Denila  applied sent an enormous amount of pressure directly above V to force him down. Denila was to angry to care about what ever punishment she'd receive for doing this.

And then things made a turn from the worst. V's attempted scissor only showed mild effectiveness as he was going for a way to take his opponents arm out of the equation. However it seemed his opponent took his attack as more of an insult than a simple counter. Denila proceed to unleash some kind of power on the boy which immediately brought him down to the floor. V shot down to his knees trying to keep himself from going face first into the ground. He was contemplating how exactly did this happen? Why was his opponent using powers. Did Sarge say something and he just didn't hear? Yes that had to be the reason. It couldn't possibly be that his opponent lost his cool and was generally angry at him. Of course the pain of this pressure made him instantly forget the whole "Sit Boy" comment. Now that his opponent has decided to challenge him with true honorable combat how should he respond?

V used a large portion of his strength to touch a dial on his neck once he turned to the right station he put his hand back to the ground. This was going to be disturbingly hard to do without chains, but he had to do something. V concentrated and decided to call upon the dark magic of Hellfire. Slowly he was surround by the Hellfire then it spread along the lines of the floor trying to burn anything in its place. Soon the sparring room was engulfed in flames. But these were no ordinary flames. They seemed to have emitted their own kind of malice and murderous intent (for those who could pick up on that kind of thing). The edges of V's clothes were caught up in flames. He slowly made his way to his feet and he stuck his hand out. The Hellfire began to swirl in his hands as he touched his neck again

“The ending is nearer than you think, and it is already written. All that we have left to choose is the correct moment to begin.” 

With that said V once again launched himself directly at Denila this time using the fire as method to propel himself even faster hoping to attack her with what was basically a Hellfire Rasengan.

"ENOUGH!" The word ripped through the room, emitting a shock wave that quelled the hungry flames before they could really get going. Sarge's angry exclamation was enough to knock each and everyone of the recruits on their butts. Obviously enraged by how the little sparring session had gone, Sarge stomped violently, causing the entire room to shake. "What the HELL do you think you two are doing?" Sarge demanded grabbing both Denila and V by their collars. "Did I, or did I not, say that there would be no powers allowed?" Obviously not wanting a reply, he let the two drop to the ground.

"As for the rest of you, what I saw wasn't bad." His mood had changed dramatically, adopting a slightly impressed face. However, the expression quickly melted away. "It was terrible!" Such a statement was necessarily true, but V and Denila had gotten the militaristic man going and now there was no stopping him. "We've been here for 3 weeks, and you have hardly improved at all! It is embarrassing!"

"Well, maybe if you would let us do something useful..." Kaitlin remarked from the opposite side of the room. She hadn't intended to make the comment loud enough for their commanding officer to hear it, but she had misjudged just how strong the acoustics were in the room. 

"What was that, missy?" Sarge practically spat out at her.

"Sarge!" Sin interrupted, immediately causing the large man to round on her. "I, I mean sir. I think what she is trying to say, is that we are all getting a little stir crazy. I don't suppose there is anything for The Team to do?" Sin tried to diffuse the situation. Letting it go on any longer would no doubt warrant a punishment akin to scrubbing the entirety of Ops down with nothing but toothbrushes. She wasn't keen to do that again.

Sarge grumbled to himself. "Dismissed." He said. 

"But, sir..." Sin began to argue, but the training officer merely gestured for the door. The Team immediately began to file out. Once the door closed behind them, Sarge spoke up.

"I know what you are going to say." He said, apparently to no one. However, just moments later, a figure appeared out of seemingly nowhere. It was exactly like there was a lot of places to hide in the empty sparring room. 

"You're being too hard on them." Jackdaw said.

"Jackdaw, they killed their first assignment. Killed. They aren't ready for this. For God's sake, one of them already left and I wouldn't be surprised if that Adrienne girl was next. They are just kids."

"Yes, they are kids. They are kids that have seen horrible things and have amazing talents. They need to be trained." Jackdaw countered, his voice steady.

"Why?" Sarge asked, rounding on the dark clad figure. "So that they can end up like you and I?"

"No. So that they don't end up like them."

---

"I didn't need your help." Kaitlin said, immediately closing in on Sin as The Team left the sparring room. She grabbed the tattooed girl's arm, an angry look in her eye.

"I didn't do it for you." Sin responded in kind, ripping her arm out of the sniper's grasp. "I did it so that we wouldn't all pay for their stupid mistake!" She said, pointing at V and Denila.

"Oh, so now it's my fault." Denila responded, take a step towards the two already arguing girls. The rest of the group began to back up, not eager to get caught between the three of them. Everyone except for Jaden. 

"Woah, woah, woah. I think we all just need to take a breath and calm down." Jaden suggested, trying to wedge his way in between the three confrontational females. "Now that we're a man, err, woman down, we need to learn how to work together."

"Oh, that's cute." Kaitlin remarked. "I bet you think you're some kind of leader now, huh?" She said.

"Well..." Jaden paused "Someone has to be, right?"

"So you just immediately assume it's going to be you? Why, because you're the guy and us girls can't handle it?" Denila now jumped in, apparently on Kaitlin's side. Before the conflict could go much further the door to the sparring room opened again, revealing the dark form of Jackdaw.

"Problem?" He asked. Instinctively the entire team shook their heads. "Didn't think so. Now go to your rooms. If you're going to act like children, you'll be treated like children."

Well something went wrong in the stream of communication. It appeared as if Sarge was really upset that powers were being used? Then again he could've just been an angry person. The diligent military man did give off that kind of vibe. V did all he could to keep himself standing after Sarge blew away his flames with the sheer sound of his voice. Using the Hellfire without the chains was something for more advanced members of the family. Even to attempt such provides and immense strain on his body. Nevertheless it seemed that the fighting was over...well it seemed that way anyway.

"Well, maybe if you would let us do something useful..."

V, as usual, remained silent as he never heard such blantant defiance in his life. If he could speak he would be saying some "oohs" and "Ahhs" just because this exchange was simply new to him. Of course this only ended with more scolding and forcing the kids to leave. But still it was quite an interesting display if he did say so himself. But things didn't stop there. It seemed that this conversation was to continue outside. What was interesting was that it appeared that there was a fight over leadership. He didn't know who was the defacto leader of this group was. He certainly wasn't it but to hear the tattooed woman and the boy who resembled the sunshine come to heads was slightly disconcerting. It was hard to see friends fight. At that point the fighting was interrupted by another one of the group's teachers known as Jackdaw. While V instinctively turned his head he did notice that Jackdaw gave off this aura of darkness. There was another one who had such an aura in this world that didn't belong to his family. This surely had to be investigated further.

As V returned to his room he extended his hand and let the chains come to him and he felt infinitely better. It was like a warm hug. Of course he was still exhausted sense he used all of his energy to have use Hellfire without the chains. So first he would need to take a nap. After that wanted to have a chat with this Jackdaw character.

This whole thing blew out of proportion...though it was worse when Jaden stepped in to stop Sin, Caitlyn, and Denila from fighting one another. Soon he was trapped in the three-way...argument. First it was about the three of the ladies going at each other's throats...now it was about them thinking that Jaden was acting all in charge and being the leader...and all he was doing was calming the three down. Though, young Kudo never got the chance to voice his response...as HE walked in.

"Problem? Didn't think so. Now go to your rooms. If you're going to act like children, you'll be treated like children."

Jaden's eye gaze only moved from the others to the ground, as his back was facing the figure that walked in: Jackdaw. The voice still somewhat bring chills down his spine...that part of the training probably wouldn't be going away. Thankfully the caped hero left as quickly as he came, as Jaden only shook his head and put his hands in his pockets. "First time seeing him in a long while...bossman hasn't changed at all..." he mumbled to himself...though this wouldn't truly be unheard by any of the others.

"What was that Kudo?" Sin asked, crossing her arms, as she saw Jaden look up a bit. "Haven't seen him?"

He couldn't believe this was happening now...as he did a mental face-palm as he now had the entire team (minus V) staring at him. Jaden finally sighed and started to speak lowly. "Keep...your voice down..." he said, looking around for a moment, before returning eye gaze back to those around him.

OST - The Legacy Continues

"Only one other person here knows what I'm about to tell you." Jaden said with a sigh. "You see...I wasn't just selected for this initiative because of what I am...but rather...who I knew." He took a deep breath and looked at the group again. "My mentors...who taught me everything I currently know...were Nightingale...and Jackdaw."

Kaitlin was walking to her room. She was quite infuriated with the team, but she held did what Jackdraw told her to do and went to her room. However, she stopped when she heard Jaden mumble something. Thankfully, Sin did something useful for once in her life and caught it too. She turned her gaze to Jaden as he admitted he was admitted here because of his connections. She thought he had connections with his father, helping his odds. But, he had connections nonetheless. Still, she felt he was trying to draw attention to himself.

"Oh? That's great and all, but does it matter? You wouldn't be here if you weren't skilled, no matter who trained you. What did you think we would do? Cry about how we had to struggle to make the cut?" She didn't give him time to answer, as she had turned her back and left.

Oliver had no reaction to Jaden’s confession, only nodding his head slightly to indicate that he was the other person who knew.  After allowing Kudo to finish, he moved to the other boy’s side, placing his hand on Jaden’s shoulder as he addressed his teammates. “But nobody else calls him birdboy, go-“ He began, but was interrupt by Kaitlin, who quickly told Jaden off before walking towards her room. 

Slightly irritated, Oliver shouted after her. “Hey princess, why don’t you take that stock out of your but, and spend some time with the team?” He paused for a moment. “Vi, you too man! We have something we need to talk about.” He called down the hallway that V had gone. After giving his teammates moment to regroup, and making a conscious effort to ignore Kaitlin’s possible response, he addressed all those who had chosen to remain with him. “What Jaden said earlier... He wasn't wrong. We DO need a leader." He removed his hand from Kudo's shoulder, turning to the other boy and flashing him his usually smirk. "But don't think its gona be you, Birdboy."

Sin was completely fed up with the team at that point. Kaitlin and her ~huffy~ attitude was enough to grind Sin's patience to zero, and quite honestly the boys here were just being drop dead stupid. Upon Jaden's 'spectacular' reveal that he was trained by none other than Nightingale and Jackdaw, Sin was thoroughly...unimpressed. It wasn't like they didn't all have a mentor at some point or another. It was inevitable that Jackdaw would eventually find another protege. In all honesty, Sin was surprised she hadn't realized it sooner. 

Kaitlin pretty much summed up Sin's internal reaction, but seeing as Kaitlin was a much bigger, well, bitch than Sin, she quickly turned herself into public enemy No. 1 and stalked off. Oliver was the next one to pipe up, promptly calling attention to the massive stick shoved up the gunner's ass, but then inviting her, and V who had already retreated to his room, to spend time with the team. Sin groaned inwardly. The only member of the team she truly liked was Adrienne. Sure, she could tolerate Draco and Jaden, and Oliver had Kaitlin pegged right at least, but it didn't mean she wanted to spend quality time with them. 

"What Jaden said earlier...He wasn't wrong. We DO need a leader." Sin found herself nodding along to that. Even if Jaden had naively assumed that he was leadership material just because he was trained under Jackdaw, didn't mean that he wasn't right in the idea that someone needed to lead. Sin was sure of the fact that that person should be herself. Of course, convincing the others of that might prove difficult. 

"How about we go patrolling?" Sin suggested. "That should fight off the restlessness that we've all been experiencing, right?"

"Oh? That's great and all, but does it matter? You wouldn't be here if you weren't skilled, no matter who trained you. What did you think we would do? Cry about how we had to struggle to make the cut?"

This comment came from Caitlyn, who started walking away after she fired this shot at him. Jaden looked at the woman, clenching his fist a bit. ...I didn't tell you people, because I didn't want you to think I was getting special treatment just cause I have not one...but TWO mentors on the Justice League!! he thought, which he was about to lash out back towards the woman along with some other choice words...but he felt a hand placed on his shoulder: Oliver's.

“What Jaden said earlier... He wasn't wrong. We DO need a leader. But don't think its gonna be you, Birdboy."

Oliver flashed his usual smirk when he said this, as Jaden only shook his head and sighed. "It was never about me being leader, Hacker..." he said as he walked a bit ahead of the group. "I've just seen stuff like that before...the inward fights between teammates. My father...he had co-workers that did that on a consistent basis...and he stopped the bickering. I was trying to do the same...and that comment just slipped..." Going silent again, he was about to start walking off again, until he heard Sin's comment.

"How about we go patrolling? That should fight off the restlessness that we've all been experiencing, right?"

Jaden heard this as he chuckled a bit. "Sounds like fun...could use a bit of action to blow off most of this steam."

As the team chit chatted coming out of the training room Denila actually said something. More over it was something that was out of character for her. I mean it wasn't everyday that she freely pitched in on a conversation, let alone not sounding superior when doing it. Anyways, her out burst in the training room wasn't only partially because of her now out of place hand. She was more infuriated with the fact the V used such an attack with as much force on a teammate. That to her wasn't something that set right with her. She wondered if anyone else had done such a thing when they were sparring.

Finally coming back to the conversation just as it seemed most had agreed on something or another, her lips began to move.

"Did any of you try to severally hurt each other? Just as V did to me?" She pointed to her hand. "Our goal is to take down enemies and help the inferior, not to severally hurt each other. If you think I'm wrong, then your wrong. Plain and simple."

She walked away and headed off to her room. If anyone wanted to stop her or tell her off they certainly had the chance to do so.

How long was he out for? Was it a full hour? Thirty minutes maybe. Actually it probably would be a full minute of unconsciousness but that was all it took for him to get fully charged. Not because he was actually rested or anything it was just that somewhere in the universe someone beckoned his name. Even though he was in his bed, chained down and unconscious, Olivier's words managed to reach him. Like a zombie that rose out of the grave and he immediately came to. He seemed to floated in a straight line directly to the group where the others were.

Unfortunately since he lived in the opposite direction of Denila he missed her departure and rants about his behavior during their sparring rounds. He simply walked up to the group with his chains dangling and made blank stare at everyone else. Granted he wasn't around to hear that one who was as bright as the sun was tutored by the same instructor cloaked in a weird darkness. Additionally he had just missed the whole "go out and patrol" plan proposed by the inky one. Though there couldn't be any doubt that he wouldn't hesitate to go along with the rest of the team and participate in an adventure. When V arrived on the scene he could tell there was some tension. Why, he didn't really understand. Nor did he really care, but not in the malicious sense of not caring more in the sense that as friends he knew that they would be able to overcome some silly spat like this. So he just stood there waiting looking at various members of the team.

"Denila, would you just stop for a second?" Sin called out, but the psychic just kept moving. Rolling her eyes in frustration, Sin turned back to the girl, gesturing for them to just wait a moment while she went to fetch Denila from her room. Catching her right before she shut the door, Sin spoke up. 

"Listen, I know you're upset and on edge, we all are. But, we...would really like it if you joined the team to go patrolling." Sin swallowed her pride to say that last bit, not really wanting Denila around at all. Her 'high-and-mighty' attitude was infuriating, but more so it was a hindrance to The Team. She would never be able to take orders if she thought she was better than everyone else. Still, the only way to fix that was to keep throwing her in team-like situations. Eventually, she would adjust...hopefully.

Waiting for a begrudging agreement, Sin led the girl back to the group. "V!" Sin said, feigning happy excitement. "Glad you decided to come back to us! I take it your down to go patrolling?" She asked. She waited for anyone to disagree, and to her surprise, Adrienne spoke up. 

"I don't really think I'm up to this...going back into the field." She said, giving Kaitlin a side look. "...not after..." Realizing what she was referring to, Sin tried to talk her into going with us, but it was to no avail.

"Just leave the baby here. If she doesn't want to come, we don't need her." Kaitlin said, catching on quickly as to what the problem. Sin thought about reprimanding the gunner for saying such a harsh thing, but decided against it and just let Adrienne retreat into her room. She would have to talk to her later. 

"Alright," Sin said trying to fix the awkward tension that had once again resettled among the group. "Let's go."

~Ten Minutes Later~

"You want to go patrolling?" Sarge asked skeptically. "After your pathetic display in the training room? I don't think so." For the first time since she had met the man, Sarge hadn't raised his voice. Which made Sin nervous, and probably the rest of The Team as well. He was obviously very upset with them. 

"Sarge, sir," Jaden spoke up, "we have barely got to leave Ops in over two weeks. We joined the Young Justice Initiative to make a difference. Just, let us do that." Jaden kept a very polite tone, and it seemed that his objection had done the trick. 

"Well...alright. But don't you be causing any incidents. Patrolling only. Report back if things get out of hand, do you understand?!" Returning to his usual demeanor, Sarge was yelling at The Team again. Agreeing to his terms, The Team went to suit up.

As soon as everyone was ready and reported back to the Command Room they would be off

Kaitlin pretended she didn't hear Oliver's comment. She just sighed. She was about to continue further until she heard Sin mention partolling. Kaitlin could use some time doing the thing she was called for. Crime rates were rather low these last few weeks. She returned to the group and sighed. V's arrival got no responce from Kaitlin as she watched him make his entrance.

Kaitlin sighed. Sarge didn't seem to care they didn't obey Jackdraw. Then again, why should he? Still, persuading Sarge was too easy. Katilin walked to her room, shooting Adrienne an eye as she passed. She gathered her canisters, and switched her bullets for hard pellets. She got her gear on and tested her materials. She wanted to make sure her stuff was fully functional. Once she was sure her gear was ready, she pulled her rifle out.

Kaitlin took her merry time preparing. In fact, she took over an hour polishing her rifle, fixing every small dent, scratch, ect. She took it apart, cleaned the gears, checked the scopes, all of that good stuff. Any knocks at the door were ignored. She was a perfectionist, and perfection can't be rushed. She knew the others must have been waiting on her by now, so she left the door. If no one was there she would head to the control room.

Draco felt himself flung back as he had attempted to tackle Sin, looking around in confused as he had heard a loud voice that sounded like Sarge just before he was knocked back. Soon after being knocked over by the shock wave caused by Sarge he saw the man begin to yell at them, at first going off at V and Denila who from the looks of the situation must have used their powers, he stood back up slowly staying quiet as Sarge continued, remaining standing back as an argument broke out after Sarge left. The argument was soon ended by Jackdaw's entrance, telling them to go to their room before disappearing just as fast as he had appeared. Draco was about to follow the command to head back to their rooms before noticing most of the others still remaining, watching Jaden as all the others looked at him, the young male revealing that he was taught by Nightingale and Jackdaw, Draco not knowing overly much about either other than their status as members of the Justice League.

Shortly after the reveal of Jaden's mentors with most of the others not seeming to have had the sort of response Jaden had expected the topic of the team needing a leader was brought back up, shortly before an offer of something to do being in the from of the suggestion to go patrolling. Draco had voice an agreement to the idea of patrolling quietly, shortly after V's return, being one of the couple of others that had actually left. Draco followed the others shortly after as they went to inquire with Sarge about their desire to head off on a patrol. The idea was initially met with just as much disagreement as Draco expected but Sarge's mind however was changed much faster than what he would have expected. Draco then headed off to his room to prepare for their leave to go on patrol, being one of the first near his area to arrive.

Inside his room Draco changed his clothing, changing from his normal attire to clothing that resembled a form of combat Armour, remembering that Sarge told them specifically not to cause any incidents, though wanting to be ready in case something did arise. He then retrieved his two wooden swords from where they were left, inspecting their condition and after deeming it acceptable holstering them to bring with him, leaving his room in what would seem a relatively short amount of time to him though likely was over half an hour. Draco left through his door to head towards the Control Room to meet up with the others, making his way there the fastest way he knew from his room and after arriving waiting off to the side whilst looking for any others who had arrived, willing to talk if any of the others had engaged him in conversation whilst they waited on everyone arriving.

"Well...alright. But don't you be causing any incidents. Patrolling only. Report back if things get out of hand, do you understand?!"

Jaden nodded as he went off to his room, he needed this. All the events that happened within the last couple of minutes...he needed to let off steam that had piled up from it. He walked into his room and tossed his leather jacket on, and tightened on his fingerless gloves. However...as he reached for his blade, he paused...feeling like someone was in his room.

"How long have you been scowling at me bossman?" Jaden asked, as he finally grabbed his blade, only to face the full mirror that was mounted on the side of his closet door. And who was behind him...Jackdaw.

"What I saw out there today..."

"I know. You saw cockiness...along with tensions rising between each other." he replied as he put his hands back into his pockets. "We've been on edge...since our first mission. To be honest, Sin really wants us to get along...that and...I think its also to show Sarge that we CAN do this."

Jackdaw simply stood there, staring at the young warrior. "Seems like your able to read your surrounding a lot better than before. Very well then..."

"Whoa...bossman did you just give me a compliment?" Jaden asked as he quickly turned around...but Jackdaw was no longer there. "Damn...he really needs to teach me how to do that." He finished up and walked out of the room to return to the Command Room, staying quiet...if only not to have something started up again.

Upon V's return he noticed the elation of the one with tattoo's after letting out an internal "Yay" in his mind he tilted his head to actually discern what this new gathering of people was for. It seems like the topic of conversation was something about to go out and some kind of patrolling. Of course V was one of those who was down for whatever. He sat patiently while Sin went to get permission from the angry military man. Naturally, the angry military man was still upset. V did not truly understand why, but he figured that had to be something about his character. Angry people are just angry in general. What was interesting was how the Sarge did not raise his voice to damaging levels this time around. Maybe he has a limit on how many times he can achieve that level of power. 

After getting permission the group appeared to have dispersed so that they could get ready for patrol. This was weird mainly because V was already ready. He had his chains and his handy dandy voice emulator. He took his bathroom break before the group did the whole sparring exercise so he was ready to go. Though maybe he could have used more rest while he waited for the others. Seeing as he didn't want to go back to his room he did the only natural thing one would do in that situation. He extended all of his chains and made a make shift platinum hammock for himself. Of course it was big enough for others to join if they saw fit but there he would take a little nap and recover some strength while the others made their way towards the center. 

Oliver nodded before entering a series of touch commands into his R.C.M. He was legitimately surprised that Sarge had agreed to let them out to patrol, especial after their last performance in the field. But not being one to question a good thing, Oliver simply rolled with it. “Margret, prep the Kaiser Unit.” He ordered the A.I, as he made his way to his room. Receiving a simple “Yes, sir.” from it's all too familiar monotone. 

Upon reaching his quarters, Oliver was greeted by a fully activated Kaiser Unit. The suit stood at the door with its red panels glowing in a throbbing fashion, not unlike a heartbeat, and as Oliver got closer their pace seemed to quicken. It apeared that it yearned for its master’s touch, and to be loosed in the fields of combat as it was designed.  

“Hey there, beautiful.” Oliver’s tone was full of affection, as he whispered to the extraordinary piece of technology. He took another moment to admire the armor’s beauty before bursting into a flurry of movement. Ripping his two guns from the holsters strapped to his back, he tossed them into the air with all his strength. He then extended his right arm towards the suit, before swiping his left hand over his R.C.M. “Come to daddy!” He shouted. 

Heeding its master’s call, the Kaiser united instantly split into a multiple pieces, lingering in the air for less than a second before shooting forward and attaching themselves to Oliver. With his suit now equipped, he effortlessly caught the two pistols as the succumbed to the effects of gravity; twirling them around his fingers before slamming them into the suit’s holsters. His preparations now complete, he removed his helmet before making his way to the command room. 

OoC: The Sarge Dialogue is likely not fitting of the character so I apologies.

IC:

Denila was approached by Sin a minute or so after she got to her room. Sin mentioned that she wanted to her to go on patrol albeit in a reluctant manor. Though Denila was still agitated (and in pain) she was up for it. Sin then left her before she could respond, not that she would. She followed suit and returned to the training room where Sarge and the others were. Yada Yada, Sarge agreed and everyone went to go prep for Patrol.

Before she left the Room Sarge placed a firm hand on her shoulder. "You need to get that hand fixed before you can go on patrol and that's an order."

Denila glanced first at the Sarges hand and then at her own twisted one. "It doesn't need fixing. Nothings broken, the pain is tolerable and I could fix it myself but I'v chosen not to. Its a reminder for me."

The Sarge narrowed his eyes. "Are you ignoring an order?" he said in his booming voice.

Denila was pushed back out of the Sarges firm grasp by his voice. "If it means I have to fix this hand, then yes. Yes I am. There is no point anyways, my power was the reason I was chosen. Well that and my will to save the inferior. Anyways,sense you insist on me fixing my hand I'll place it back to it's proper position. However, as soon as we get back, I'm going to put it right back to it's current position." She walked off out the door, there was a flicker of blue light as she left and the Sarge saw her twisted hand get put back in place.

The Sarge was furious. That girl to him was perhaps the most rebellious of the group. Yet she also seemed the most eager to help. He couldn't complain about the results she had achieved during the groups first mission. Still, her attitude needed to change. He might have to force one of the others in the group to interact with her more. That would have to wait till after the patrolling was done. He also would have to punish her for her insubordination.

Denila went straight to the command center already having every thing she needed.

Slowly but surely, The Team gathered in the Command Room. Kaitlin was the last one to trickle in, sporting a beautifully groomed rifle. Sin, who had been patiently waiting for almost the entirety of the hour, was tapping her foot angrily. She had no idea what it was with her and Denila, but they both drove Sin batty. She wasn't going to say anything though. The entire team was practically walking on egg shells as it was, she didn't need to go making things worse. Now that they were all gathered, it was time to go out.

"Alright, I talked to Sarge and he suggested patrolling D.C., so I've programmed the Zeta Tubes to take us there." Sin said, she had been trying to get familiar with the all the buttons and whistles that Ops contained. Pressing a final button on the control panel, the Zeta Tube sprang to life just as it had their first day on the job. "Let's go." Sin said, stepping into the tube.

~~~

With all the commotion of the day, Sin had lost track of time, so she was surprised when she arrived in D.C that the day was already waning. The last of the sun could just be seen on the horizon. Night had practically fallen. Once everyone had come through, Sin wasn't exactly sure how to address them all. She didn't want to push her leadership on them, but she also knew that leaving them to their own device would probably just end up fighting again.

Fortunately, she didn't have to. Jaden spoke up. "So the best course of action would probably be to split up to cover as much ground as possible. Of course, we should each take a partner so as to have back up. There's an odd number of us, so there's going to have to be a group of three." Sin nodded along. That plan made sense. They were here to stop any petty crime in the city, so traveling as a large group wouldn't prove nearly as effective as splitting up into pairs.

"I call Draco!" Sin offered, taking the swordsman's arm. She didn't want to end up being stuck with Denila or Kaitlin, and she knew that Draco was probably still a little embarrassed about losing control on their first mission. It would give them time to talk. 

Kaitlin walked right past Sin, completely ignoring her presence. She heard the foot taps and knew what the issue was, but she didn't care. Her gun was more valuable than her teammate. At least her gun was clean. Unlike Sin with all her gross tattoos. She sighed as she entered the Zeta tube. She hated those things, but it would have to do. She had nothing to say to the others.

~~~

"So the best course of action would probably be to split up to cover as much ground as possible. Of course, we should each take a partner so as to have back up. There's an odd number of us, so there's going to have to be a group of three."

Kaitlin rolled her eyes and waited for Sin to turn her attention away. After hearing her call Draco, she figured she could help even the odds. Instead of 3 to a group, she would travel alone. She didn't even need a grouping point, she would find them. After all, she was skilled in tracking criminals, so how hard could tracking these buffoons be? 

Kaitlin quickly made her way to a rooftop when she was sure everyone's eyes were off her. Scaling walls to obtain a vantage point was just a part of her many skills. So was rooftop hopping. She made sure her gloves were on secure before she began scaling the side of a house. In four seconds, she was on top and running from the team. She would do this her style.

Sin took Draco by the arm and led him away from the group. The best course of action would of course be to gain altitude to better survey the landscape. Activating her wings, Sin quickly sailed to the top of a nearby building, beckoning Draco to follow her. Once the dragonic boy did, she took out a pair of night surveillance binoculars and began to search the city for any crime that may be afoot. As she searched, she attempted to bring up a conversation with her teammate.

"You know, I don't blame you for losing control." She said, trying to be as gentle as she possibly could about the subject. She knew that if it were, she would have beaten herself up about how the first mission went down. Draco didn't deserve that, plus, she had to admit that she kinda liked the boy. Not in a romantic way, but she liked him a lot better than most everyone else on the Team. "It took me a long time before I was able to control my magic."

Sin handed the swordsman the binoculars. "Why don't you try and find us some action, I'm coming up empty."

The group was in DC and now they had to split up to find crime throughout the area. Denila wasn't sure who she'd end up with and didn't particularly like the idea of pairing up with someone. She knew for certain though that she would not willingly pair up with V. As she was deciding on what to do Kaitlin walked passed her and away from the group. She hadn't said a word and kept going, that was something she liked so if there was anyone at this point in time that she might even remotely get along with, it'd be Kaitlin. Before Kaitlin got to far out of range, Denila activated her ability and placed her control over one Kaitlin's bullets. This allowed her to track Kaitlin until she either relinquished control or turned off her power.

She waited a minute or two, before she decided to act. Mostly so Kaitlin could get some distance even if it meant the she would have a severe headache. Without a word she appeared right next to Kaitlin in an instant. She said nothing, if Kaitlin was going to be surprised by this she'd think less of her. Course, not that she viewed Kaitlin in the highest regards anyways but she could at least relate to her.

Archived