Earth-7: Young Justice Initiative [IC]

Ren✧

Caitlyn wasn't sure what to say. However, she made a note of it. She had always wondered what being the child of a hero was like. She assumed it was hard, always being compared to them, getting fame. Caitlyn would let this matter drop, unless she saw reason to bring it up again. She forced a laugh at Jaden's remark at meeting a fan. It was a friendly gesture, but she didn't usually laugh.

Caitlyn wanted to keep small talk up, but she wasn't used to talking with people. Still, she would give it a go. She thought of what to say for a moment. She decided against gossip, as she didn't wish to seem shallow. Instead, she stuck to a general topic.

"Hm...I hope Sarge arrives soon. Its not like I have anywhere else to be. That...and I'm curious to what he has planned for us." She stated, her tone as if she was deep in though.

Caitlyn subconsciously flicked a switch on her rifle, assuring it was in its standard fire mode. It would be embarrassing if she tried firing a net over a bullet, assuming they were doing a combat training. She pulled out her cellphone, only to find its security had been breached.

"Bloody hell..." She sighed. She wasn't good with electronic devices, so she didn't know what to so. She scowled and closed it. She would find out how to get back at whoever did this.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Hm...I hope Sarge arrives soon. Its not like I have anywhere else to be. That...and I'm curious to what he has planned for us."

"I'll agree with you on that. First time being out of the nest and free to stretch my own wings is good enough for me so far." Jaden said, before stopping suddenly. He sighed as he face-palmed a bit. Apparently working with Nightingale for as long as he had, he picked up his mentor's "very" bad bird jokes he made around him. "Wow...that really sounded even lamer when I say it." he hoped Caitlynn didn't hear him say this...and thank goodness she didn't...as she was occupied with her phone.

"Bloody hell..."

Jaden raised an eyebrow and looked at the phone and nodded. "Ahh, so the "Hacker" didn't just attempt to bypass my firewall. Even hacked into your stuff and more than likely everyone elses...man, I'm really needing to meet this teammate of ours." he chuckled as he turned around and walked towards the Command Room. "Shall we, miss Caitlynn?"

Draco waited silently through Sarge's Lecture that had involved all of them, the bandage boy he went to greet earlier seeming to get into trouble at the start of it for his salute. As the Lecture finished, with all that Draco properly absorbed being that his room would be on the left and that he had the most of an hour with which he could do whatever he wanted. Draco soon left for his room, seeing the others arrive at theirs first, eliminating them from being his, finding his room somewhat easily due to the style in which the insides appeared. As Draco enter his room and closed the door the room would appear as is a mixture of a sand garden and a traditional oriental room, with the sand at the center raked into a pattern resembling two figures separate at one end but joined at the other.

As Draco looked around his room in surprise at how close it was to his original home he was overcome by memories, the nightmares of his past coming to him even in daylight with flames being faintly heard in his mind. Draco drew his swords, both completely wooden and equal in length, as he found a Training Dummy within his room similar in appearance to the one he had trained on at his home. Draco then began a series of short, fast swings of his swords, each hitting the Training Dummy with enough sound that if the walls were no soundproofed, which he believed they likely were, that others would hear the loud crack created by his strikes of wood against wood. Left head, right leg, spin he thought to himself as he flipped in the air, bringing one sword to meet the left side of the Dummy's head, and the other to meet the base, before extending his legs and kicking off the dummy before returning his swords to their sheathe as he finished, the practice having seemed to calm him from his emotions.

Draco removed the Sheathe which his training swords were on, placing them on a hook above the bedding of his room which was but a simple mattress and a blanket, no frame to the bed and no sort of pillows. Draco turned around finding at the other corner of the room a workstation with tools made for carving, perhaps for upkeep of his swords or even to attempt to craft new ones, he would have to acquire wood of a high enough quality from somewhere. With his memories still holding some emotional effect despite his calm, Draco walked out of the room slowly, finding the other males already having left long before he emerged. He looked at the device on the wall that functioned as a map, wondering if it served any other purpose before leaving it alone, deciding to find his own way through the base, if he was simply led everywhere with lights he wouldn't know anything about the place. Draco wandered seemingly aimlessly for the next few minutes before arriving back at the entrance, believing he still had the better part of an hour remaining he decided to continue his silent exploration of the facility without the guide of the wall maps, unless he found someone with whom to converse.

Adrienne thoughtfully sucked on her lollipop. She was wondering where that blonde kid was. [color=red][i]"Ollie, Austin? No, Oliver, that's right, Oliver's his name."[/i][/color] Adrienne thought to herself. [color=Blue]"Alright,you wanna see if we can find that guy with orangish skin?"[/color] [color=red]"Yeah, why n- Woah wait up!"[/color] She called after the girl as she walked away. Adrienne was glad to have already made a friend of sorts, but she knew she needed more. She didn't know much about the other people, except for a few things: Oliver was cute and looked like her type, the sniper was snobby and thought she was too good for "us lower class", and that the Denila girl just bent walls. Not someone she wanted as an enemy, so she decided that she wanted to keep her distance. [color=red]"Not that I don't want to meet people, by why the orange guy?"[/color] Adrienne wondered. As they walked along, Adrienne thought about what turns her life had taken. First, her dad left. She knew that that was the cause of this all. She knew that if he ever saw him again, one, or both, of two things would happen. One: She would punch him in the face. Hard, really hard. He was the reason that her sister was dead. Sabrina loved him so much that when he left, her heart broke. Then she realized the other option, a hug, would not happen, and it never could. He had caused so much pain for her. She table the other thoughts for later, and kept walking, wondering exactly how it was they would find the boy. [color=red][i]"Oh well, it's better than sitting on the couch doing nothing."[/color][/i]

"I don't really have a reason." Sin lied, she didn't want Adrienne to think she had only sought her out as a friend for mere convenience's sake. "I just haven't seen him around and I figured that we should work to include everyone, that's all." She lied again. Truthfully she wanted this guy as an ally because he had been more or less quiet through the entirety of the day. That meant he was shy or disciplined, and Sin was betting on the second.

Just as she finished thinking about that, the two turned the corner and spotted just who they were for. "Hey," Sin called out to the orange-skinned man. "pretty neat place, huh?" She asked. "My name's Sin." She offered. "Sorry, but you'll have to remind me of yours." She said, trying to avoid any awkwardness that was related with forgetting someone's name. 

It was amazing to see that V had just made his first new friend. And it didn't even go that bad seeing as he had to use Hellfire to communicate. The situation only got better when another one of the fold had decided to grace V with her presence. This time it was a female. In addition to her awesomeness she somehow seemed to know the Oliver character from some past business...or something. There was an hint of disdain in her voice, but that was something V totally ignored that for the simple fact that she was a potential new friend.  

While quickly resuming his focus on Oliver he motioned his hands to talk this time. First he shook Oliver's hand. Then he made a V with his own hands, which he then quickly followed up by pointing to himself. So all together that was his loose way of saying "My name is V" which is actually easier than figuring out how to say Quinton. Surprisingly enough it actually never occurred to him that he could use the same board trick that he used before to relay another message. It didn't matter though the message was simply and clear enough. If V can understand it then it shouldn't be hard for these awesome people to comprehend. 

As the new girl and Oliver started to speak V decided that it would be best to leave this two alone. It seemed like their business was just getting started. Though how should he leave. Its not like he could actually say goodbye to someone. Maybe he should just slink off silently into the darkness. But that wouldn't be a good way to show teamwork and foster bonds. In the end, V realized that if he just stood still the conversation those two were having would probably give him some exit point. Of course he didn't realize that he would be sitting still with his hellfire and chains fully active so he could be quite the distraction.

Mary watched the apparent burn victim wave his hand through the air, wondering what he was trying to say. Turning back toward Oliver, she rose her eyebrows, seeing him look her up and down. Having avoided conversation earlier, she found herself unprepared for much attention at all. She blinked her eye, and felt her face warm up as she blushed. She felt a smile begin to play itself on her face, before she noticed the care that Oliver took in avoiding looking at her injury.

Sighing, she brushed her hair to the side so that the patch was fully visible. "We both know it is there, I don't see any point in pretending it isn't." Her face had twisted into a perturbed frown, but the smirk was quickly restored. "And what do you mean you didn't expect to see me here? My meta gene was the focus of my father's research. Of course, my power only surfaced after his death...:" As her voice trailed off, she wove a hand through the air, as a meta thread extended from each finger, not attaching onto anything, simply lingering in the air for a moment before they dissolved into the ambient light. "Of course, I don't recall you having an active meta gene. What exactly places you here, Strider? Is there something I never knew about..?"

Draco bowed slightly as he noticed the two females in front of him as he rounded a corner, hearing one of the two greet him just before doing such. "Hello" he said quietly as he looked at the two, the one who greeted him holding a multitude of tattoos able to be seen along here arms with some visible at her neck, her irises a shade of purple that was the only feature of her being different than a normal human in appearance. The other female was slightly taller than the first, her hair a red-ish tone, .with her style of clothing, much like the other female's, being completely foreign to Draco who for the most part of his life had lived in an extremely traditional oriental household.

"Yeah, everything about this place is much more than I've seen, the technology seems a bit beyond anything I know of especially.." he then said quietly after hearing a comment about the place being neat. After the female offered her name as being Sin he introduced himself, "Draco, of the Brandr line, traditional swordsman, with just a slight bit of an unusual appearance as you might be able to tell" his form of introduction probably seeming to others more information than was necessary, this introduction followed by another motion similar to a bow after straightening his tie slightly, his hands seeming to brush along his sides before falling to hang in an average position, this action seemingly an attempt to feel for his swords of which he had put away in his room before. As Draco returned to a standing position his right hand disappeared into a pocket on his pants, his fingers brushing over a small figurine that he often kept on him, the Dragon statue he had carved out of wood whilst alone in a jungle back home, is emotions much more in check then they were earlier inside his room.

Sin offered a smile to the introduction that Draco had offered. He was definitely traditional, what with all the bowing and such. She found it to be both endearing and slightly irritating. The amount of time that was wasted on respectful niceties had always been a bit of sore point for her. Still, she maintained her friendly composure. "And this Adrienne." Sin said, introducing the girl beside her. She normally would have waited for the woman to do it herself, but now that she looked at the time, she realized that they had just about twenty minutes to get back to the Command Room and she wasn't entirely sure where that was. Plus, she wanted to show up just a bit early so as to avoid any conflict with Sarge.

"So we should probably head to where we need to meet." She said, moving to touch one of the Information Panels that were in the wall. Selecting the <Map> and <Navigation> options, in a few seconds a trail of lights appeared on the wall, no doubt leading them to the Command Room. "Shall we?" Sin asked. On the way there, she would engage in small talk with the other two initiates. 

Denila had been leaning against the for several minutes now and no one had bothered to talk to her. Some of the others that had been in the Command Room earlier had left to do god knows what. Aside from herself, only the girl with the rifle and the guy she was talking to was still there. She'd been watching that girl demonstrate how her rifle worked to the guy. Denila had wondered if all the girl had needed to get here was her rifle skills. If so she couldn't decide if she was impressed or disdained. 

Anyway, with a sigh she decided to try and converse with those two. in a few strides she was standing next to them. No words escaped her mouth to introduce herself and the look on her face didn't say she wanted to speak. Still, just standing there next to them should be indication enough that she would converse with them if they acknowledged her.

Oliver cringed slightly at Mary’s mention of her injury; he obviously hadn't been discreet enough. Glancing over at V, he noticed that the boy hadn't moved an inch since Mary had arrived, and now resembled some kind of menacing statue. “V, you know you don’t ha- “ Oliver began, but couldn't find the proper words. “I’m not sure wher-“ Not knowing exactly where to begin, Oliver simply dismissed his teammate’s odd behavior. “Never mind…”

"And what do you mean you didn't expect to see me here? My meta gene was the focus of my father's research. Of course, my power only surfaced after his death..."

He turned back to Mary. “My father told me you were taken under the protection of the league.” He paused as Mary demonstrated her power. “But I had no idea that they’d be training you...” He trailed off, as the Meta threads vanished into a soft light. It went without saying that her power suited her appearance perfectly.

"Of course, I don't recall you having an active meta gene. What exactly places you here, Strider? Is there something I never knew about..?"

“Nope, you’re correct; I still haven’t got any powers.” Oliver’s eyes narrowed, as he took on a thoughtful expression. Raising his right hand so that it was nearly eye level, he began flexing his fingers as he seemed to study his palm. “But what places me here?”  His tone held subtle traces of amusement, and a sudden air of arrogance began to hang itself around him. “I guess you can say there’s a few things…” Returning his gaze to Marry, Oliver couldn't help but smirk. "But don't worry, I'm not the same kid who used to run around the lab with our dads."  Satisfied with his response, he began walking slowly down the hall towards what he assumed to be the command room. Oliver had reminded himself of the fact that he had something to prove here, and was now itching to begin his active duty. Glancing over his shoulder, he waved for the other two to follow. "We can chat more on the way, but lets hurry up and get to the command room!"

Slowly, the group of teenagers trickled into the Command Room, which at this point was just a large room with metal walls. There wasn't really anything that would mark this room as the center of The Team's Base of Operations. Once everyone had gathered, they began to get a little antsy, checking the time every few minutes. Just as Sin's phone changed from 12:59 to 1:00, Sarge appeared in the doorway of the room. "Quiet down!" He said, immediately silencing all small talk that had surrounded the group. Now that everyone's attention was on him, he continued into the room, stopping at the very center.

"This will serve as your Command Room." As he said that, he stomped his right foot, obviously activating a variety of mechanisms as the room transformed. Various screens appeared on the walls, the largest of which appeared directly behind Sarge. Computers and other miscellaneous tech lined the outside of the room and appearing between the group of teenagers and Sarge, a holographic display of the globe flickered to life. Sarge let the youthful group take in everything, even he had been impressed when Jackdaw had showed him. "Equipped with state of the art technology, anything and everything that you may need for tracking crime and opening communications is in this room."

"That," Sarge said, pointing his finger to a portion of the wall that had become inverted, creating a cylindrical, tunnel-like area, "is a Zeta Tube. It is the League's, and now The Team's, most advanced form of teleportation technology. When activated, simply walking through it will transport you to another Zeta Tube, which the League has placed strategically across the world."

"Now if you follow m-" Just as Sarge was about to instruct The Team to follow him to the training area, a red light began to flash all around the Command Room, a soft siren sounded, obviously signaling that there was a problem. Several of The Team looked between one another, slightly confused. "Is this part of the tour?" One of them asked, but Sarge ignored them. Rushing to the front of the room, he began to type on one of the key boards, bringing up an image of what a few of the members would recognize as Miami. 

The city was in flames, a massive fire surging across the landscape. Smoke filled the air and people ran for safety. Firemen were scattered about the street, trying to fight the blaze, but it seemed that their water and foam was having a minimal effect. "I guess your first mission starts now." Sarge said, turning back to the team. He tapped a few more times on the keyboard, and the Zeta Tube roared to life. "Get any gear you may need from your rooms and get to Miami. Those people need your help."

End of Episode 1.

[spoiler=GM Post]

And so ends Episode 1, and we are now jumping straight into Episode 2. You heard Sarge, get anything you may need and jump into the Zeta Tube(don't forget to grab an ear piece radio from the Command Room). You will appear in Miami which is engulfed in flames. The fire is reluctant to go out and these firefighters will need all the help they can get. 

[/spoiler]

Episode 2 - All to Ash

Previously...on Earth-7....

"Is this part of the tour?"

"I guess your first mission starts now. Get any gear you may need from your rooms and get to Miami. Those people need your help."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The mission orders were given, as the team scrambled to get to their rooms to grab their gear. However, Jaden didn't seem too worried. Being trained under Nightingale, he had experience with some situations like this...and fire was no exception. However....now it was on a wider scale.

Alright... he thought as he grabbed his Paladin Gloves and tightened them on his hands, as he unsheathed his Royal Blade, making sure it was ready. With a quick sheathing, he was back out the door again. A rouge fire that's on a city scale level. This isn't like California with most of their wildfires...and not even the firefighter's water and foam are doing anything.

Jaden made his way back to the Command Room and put the ear-piece radio, before quickly synching it with his phone. "Sing Sweet...you copy?" he said to himself as he made contact to Nightingale and the Bird-Cage's computer.

"Loud and clear. So, team's going in on this mission huh? And before you ask, yeah, boss-man's computer picked up on it."

"Looks like it. I need you to keep an eye out...something about this really doesn't sit well with me." Jaden quickly said, as he looked at Sarge, who just stood there waiting for the others. "Keep me posted." And with that, Jaden was the first to enter the Zeta-Tube.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Exiting out of the Zeta-Tube's teleporting, the young Kudo arrived in the scorching and blazing city that was Miami. Right now, without the rest of the team, he couldn't just put the fire out himself. However, he did begin help on the evacuating.

"Yo guys! Whenever your done, get here quick. I'm helping with the evacuation right now...I'll need some assistance on putting out the fire." he said through the ear-piece radio, hoping they would arrive soon.

Adrienne found, as the trio walked, that the Draco boy was actually pretty nice and interesting. She also realized something else. She knew absolutely nothing about her teammates' powers and skills. All she knew was that the Cait-b**** was a sniper of some sorts and that the girl she had caught a glimpse of earlier could bend walls. She had no idea how, but she seemed powerful. "I guess I'll find out soon...." She thought, assuming that they were about to go to some sort of training session. She, of course, was soon proven wrong.

The red head without a nickname was greeted by an underwhelming sight. When she heard control room, she imagined what she saw in movies like The Avengers: a room filled with holograms, screens that spanned the walls covered in maps, and little computer men typing furiously on their computers. Instead, she found the opposite, with the closest thing to a hologram being a dust bunny in the corner. Adrienne gave an unimpressed sigh and crossed her arms under her chest, pushing her already prominent cleavage up and together.

Her jaw dropped when the walls flipped, revealing what she imagined the control room to be, minus the furious typing. Her eyes wer lit blue as she gazed into a hologram of the earth, glowing like a big blue light bulb. She stretched her hand out slowly, knowing full well how immature she looked. Right as her outstretched hand brushed the orb, washing her finger tips in a blue light, it, and the many lights in the room, began flashing red. Adrienne jerked hand back, closing her moth and furrowing her brow. "I'm sorry, I didn't kn-" She began, before being cut off by Sarge, who quickly brought up a southern city in flames. Sarge informed hem that the city was Miami, and that it was in trouble. Adrienne had no preparation, other than taking out her smartphone to check for any messages. She hoped to see some sort of message from anyone, seeing as how the only contact she had made since the incident was an email to her mother containing only her new phone number. The smart phone that had been given to her had only received messages from Gammafist and a few of the other heroes that had taken a liking to her. The screen was still as empty of messages as always at the time. She shoved her phone back into her cleavage, grabbed an ear piece, took a deep breath, and stepped into the Zeta tube.

Adrienne stumbled out of the tube, catching her breath. "That was.... Strange. It made me feel all tingly." She commented, before turning to face the city. When she turned around, her heart stopped. Her senses were assaulted, triggering some form of PTSD. She heard the screams of pain of those still stuck in buildings, and saw bodies on the ground, some breathing, others burnt beyond recognition. She began to hallucinate, the flames turning a vivid gray and eventually stabilizing to form large jags of rock. There were bodies skewered upon them. When Adrienne shook her head roughly, she snapped back to her senses. Shy found she had tears running down her face. She hoped that anyone already there or just arriving had not seen her breakdown. She strengthened her resolve, and set her brow. This was why she was here. That was her past, which she was determined to pay for,

She noted that there weren't many people, so she ran to the nearest building, noting that there was a small voice coming from within. She set her palms against the rough concrete, feeling a small surge of power rush through her. This time, she knew she would control it. She willed the stone to work its way up her arms, until eventually she felt a cool sensation cover her whole body. She slowly lifted herself to a standing position. She dragged herself up to the door, leaving a trail of turnt up sidewalk behind her. "Move out of the way of the door!" She yelled to anyone who might be inside. She punched through the burnt door, sending splinters everywhere. When the ash and debris cleared, inside she spied a family huddled in the kitchen, about 20 feet away from the door. "C'mon out! It's safe now!"" She shouted, gesturing for them to hustle. "Muchos gracias." The mother said, grasping Adrienne's hands. Adrienne nodded, touched, then gestured them to run towards the Kudo kid to evacuate.

Sin struggled to contain her surprise as the sirens went off, but she managed well enough, keeping her calm composure. "Great..." She muttered sarcastically as The Team was assigned their mission. They hadn't even begun to work together yet, and already things were starting to heat up...literally. Just as Sarge had given them their direction, the Kudo kid raced off, obviously either very eager or accustomed to these situations. Not wanting to waste anymore time, Sin sprinted to her room as well, snatching up her titanium staff before heading back to the Control Room.

As she entered, she saw that Sarge was taking a video call with a member of the Justice League, it was a member she didn't recognize, but she could tell that they were discussing the fire. "The firefighters are barely able to make a dent, the fire just keeps springing back up." Sarge nodded glumly. "I'm sending in The Team." He responded. "Already? They haven't even trained together yet." The person on the other end said. "It's called learning on the job."

Sin didn't take anymore time to eavesdrop, after grabbing an earpiece she took a deep breath before stepping through the Zeta Tube. Immediately, the quiet of the Command Room was replaced with the sound of a dull roar, undoubtedly the fire. The other end of the Zeta Tube seemed to come out in a small little warehouse. Quickly going outside, Sin found Jaden waiting. 

"Let's worry about getting these people to safety." Sin said, shedding her leather jacket. This revealed the tattoos of wings on her shoulders, which she immediately began to animate. The tattoos took shape, unfurling themselves. Taking to the air, she gave Jaden a look. "Be careful." She said and took off, trying to find anyone that may be trapped in the flames. Teamwork just wasn't her style, besides they hadn't even been coached together yet. What good could they really do together?

Flying through the smoke, Sin began to cough and his eyes started to water. Just as she was about to descend, she heard the sound of a child crying. "Where are you? I can help you." Sin called out, trying to pinpoint the child.

"...it burns..." was the response she got, but it seemed to be enough. Sin dived through a window that had been blown out in search of the voice's owner. 

"Be careful."

Jaden heard Sin say, as he saw both her and Adrienne come forth from their Zeta-Tube teleportation. "Ditto." he smirked as he activated his Paladin Gloves and constructed a large shield made of light as he held it above the evacuees. "That's it! Keep running! This way!" he directed the people, as the last few finally followed the others. Jaden broke the light shield, as he was called once again. "Talk to me."

"Well Jay my man, it seems you've done good on evacuating most of the populace...however...the flames are still raging out of control. Perhaps using your Paladin Gloves..."

"Possibly construct a few shields and enclose the flames within. This way it'll take away one of its key ingredients: oxygen." he quickly finished Nightingale's sentence, as he summoned a few light shields and had them encase and build around a few of the flames, watching them slowly die out. "Looks like its working. Now, how about the source of this fire?"

"Still working on-" A sound of a radar going out of control was heard on Nightingale's side of the line, as he quickly responded. "Building that the girl !nk just flew in! Dead center of the building...something is going on in there!!"

Jaden heard this as he looked to the building and nodded. "Damn...I don't want to have to use it now...but regardless...keep me posted!" he said as he unsheathed his Royal Blade and charged towards the burning building. Whatever the main cause of this inferno is...its in that building. Gotta make sure that !nk girl and whoever she's saving is out of the way.

Before either the girl with the rifle or the one she was talking with could even say hello the Sarge appeared. The other recruits had barely made it back it seems......

The room was filled in flashing Red Lights and the Sarge had given them their first mission. Denila was pleased and having nothing to get from her room quickly grab an ear piece and jumped in the zeta tube being the second one to do so. The sensation as she was pulled through to Miami was different from the one she felt when she teleported with her own power. Either way, in an instant she was in the middle of the chaos.

Denila the scanned the area wondering what she should do. She could try and save people but long term it'd be better to save the buildings. As if on qua her ear piece chirped " Yo guys! Whenever your done, get here quick. I'm helping with the evacuation right now...I'll need some assistance on putting out the fire." Welp, taking out the fire was what she would do then.

"Hmm" she thought, "I need water, and I need alot of it" then she remember her boat ride. "That'd work, just need something to get take there." Her visioned changed and feeling her surroundings, levitated a piece of debris.  It was gone in an instant and reappeared somewhere along the surface of the ocean near the facility. Her eye twitched, this wasn't going to be easy. Controlling some of the water, she teleported it back and hurled it in at the sound of flames.

After only two minutes of repeating this process, her nose was bleeding and her brain was exhausted. She returned her vision back to normal and collapsed to the ground. "Ugg, this isn't going to work. I need a better flow of water but I need it to be in my range......" she thought. She looked up, much of the area was still in flames. ".....But I also need mobility" Her eyes glanced at a fire truck and noticed the hose and more importantly, the fire hydrant. "That........could work". Getting up a bit sluggishly she ran to the fire hydrant. A fire fighter was keeping watch over it. "I'll be using this and you won't stop me...........in fact your going to help me."

Her vision swapped again and she lifted the fire fighter into the air. He protested but she wasn't having any of it. "I need you to be my eyes and point to the fires when I say so." The hose was yanked off from the hydrant but no water spewed out. Selinis elegantly allowed the water to flow out engulfing much of the area around her and the fire man. "Still not enough" she thought, so she teleported much of the ground underneath her feet somewhere else. With the extra space she filled it up. "Alright, you can point now." The firefighter hesitated briefly but pointed nonetheless. She condensed the water down and then fired it in the pointed direction.  The sound of steam indicated that she hit her target. So lifting up in the air along with the water and the firefighter she set out to eliminate the flames from the rest of the city.

Oliver wasted no time in sprinting to his room, and equipping the K.A.I.S.E.R unit. Then after quickly moving the Kaiser blaster’s to the suit’s holsters, he took a moment to check all of the armor’s vital settings, more specifically its temperature regulation capabilities. Satisfied with everything’s functionality, he made his way back to the command. “Show time.” He muttered to himself, before stepping into the Zeta tube. 

The teleportation was quick, and upon blinking Oliver found himself in a small warehouse; the sounds of chaos clearly audible from the outside. “Margret, connect me to the team’s communications channel.” Oliver’s tone oozed urgency, and moments after his command; a plethora icons appeared on his visor's GPS. He new that each icon signified the location of one of his teammates, but was surprised to find a single icon that was much larger then the rest. This dot seemed to be some kind of energy anomaly, and appeared to be located in the center of a building not far from Oliver's current location. That’s probably the source of this mess...

“Two of our allies are already in route to the anomaly, sir. What will be our next course of action?”

"Shouldn't that be obvious? We're going to go back them up." Locking onto the icon he knew to be Jaden, Oliver dashed out of the warehouse and into the burning city. Not sure exactly what he'd find at his destination, he couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was about to happen. Reaching building relatively quickly, Oliver spoke into his mic. "Bird boy, I'm right behind you. Don't do anything stupid." 

Draco walked with the other two towards the command room, making some light conversation along the way as they made their way through the halls, following the glowing lights along the wall that led to their destination. Draco assumed that this would be some sort of tour of facility or practice session considering they had just arrived here, as they entered the command room he found it to appear to be just a large room with metal walls. Draco slowly looked around the room as if trying to see where stuff was hidden, finding nothing he could see the room seeming a disappointment as a command room being completely blank.

As Draco's Observation of the room had finished Sarge had arrived, and shortly after mentioning the room would be their command room it seemed to transform, likely initiated by his stomp. The technology of the room even though it was for the most parts screens and displays still being much more than Draco had ever seen, As Sarge then pointed towards a section of the wall Draco followed with his eyes, finding a section of wall to have become a cylindrical tunnel, something completely unusual considering the room and that wall section were flat just a minute ago.

As Draco was about to step closer to get a better look a red light began to flash, signalling some kind of alarm, followed by a siren as these signals began Sarge had brought up an image of what appeared to be a burning city, the water and foam that were likely an attempt to contain the fire seeming to have no effect from what Draco saw. This image leading to their first mission with Sarge instructing them to get ready and head to the city, the Cylindrical tunnel seeming to activate something inside. Draco watched as a few of the others grabbed an earpiece before heading through the Zeta Tube seeming to be teleported to their destination. "Well.. as much as I want to bring them my swords won't be any use in fire" Draco then said quitely to himself, as he removed the Jacket and tie of his suit, leaving them on the ground nearby, relatively safe from damage, his white undershirt seeming to have holes in the back of it over his shoulder blades, his shoes left nearby as well. "Into the fire we go.." he then said quietly to himself as he grabbed an earpiece, putting it on before heading through the Zeta tube.

Draco found himself inside a warehouse that was the exit point from the Zeta Tube transportation they took, exiting the building he found the fire to be blazing at full effect, deciding that he should go in to try to find anyone, the idea despite his condition somewhat disliked by him. Draco slowly began to change as he began to move, his hair shrinking with his nails elongating into claws, his hands and feet growing to accommodate these transformations. as he continued to transform the changes began to speed up, his irises becoming vertical slits in his eyes with a small black dot in their center, scale increasing in size and toughening as his body grows. A Dragon-like tail begin to grow out the back of Draco as out of his shoulder blades wings seem to sprout, growing to their full size within seconds as he scanned the situation, his senses enhanced with his eyesight being one of the more advanced senses in this form.

Draco scanned the area around him to try to see what needed the most attention that he could help with, the fire being beyond what he could control causing him to cross that out despite his natural immunity to it's ill-effects, finding some of the others headed towards a burning building and deciding that evacuating any caught inside that hadn't already escaped seemed the most viable option for him if he could hold himself together. Draco then took off into the air,approaching the building rather quickly as he found one of the others creating shields of light below, containing the fire in an area before they began running towards the building he was heading to, the male seeming to be holding some sort of blade. Draco swooped downwards increasing his speed slightly, approaching the male from behind as they both were on their way towards the building. "Grabbing on might be faster" he then said to the armored male who was just ahead of him, his voice sounding darker than normal though the personality in control still being that of Draco, not yet affected by his memories or Drakon's personality. He began extending one of his arms toward the male as his wings worked to bring him closer to the building about to attempt to regain some height after the male grabbed on to try to bring them through the large area that had once been a window, believing he saw someone enter through that area.

V was quite quiet as he normally would be when it comes to other people talking. Naturally he followed Oliver back to the Command Room quite obediently and with that he was introduced once again to the loud military man. The military man spoke about this whole Zeta-Tube thing that V would quite soon forget about, but apparently it was something akin to the family's method of moving around. Just with more sciency words and such. It was shiny though so that had to be a good thing. As Sarge explained this teleportation the team was transported to some tropical loccation that was besiged by fire. AWESOME! The first mission on the first day of his first job. How much more awesome could it get. Beneath the bandages his smile was wide as a kid in a candy store.

Of course he went back to his room to bounce all over the walls and write a letter in Hellfire for his family like any overactive child would. He then remembered to go actually go and grab his special communicator thingy that he almost forgot with all of the excitement. As he returned back to the scene he looked at the nearest burning building and he saw that other heroes were already leaping into action. It was sooooo awesome to be a part of something this great. Though that did leave the question what should he do? No one had actually given a command yet but it was understood that evreyone should somehow run to this whole center of the building thing. V simply walked through the fire of each burning building as if he was immortal. He extended the chains to miscellaneously save random citizens that he found probably struggling. By using his Hellfire which he could perfectly control it allowed his chains a little resistance to the heat that came from surrounding regular fire.

Eventually he jumped out of a nearby window where he would meet-up with the others. It seemed that others were still in transent to the desired location. So being the follower that V naturally is he simply used jumped from the top of one building and used his chains as springs and launched himself in the direction of everyone else.

Caitlyn sighed as they were called to silence by Sarge. She complied, but was irritated she couldn't even respond to Denila. Nevertheless, she stood still. She bit her tongue when Sarge was cut off by a sudden alarm. She caught the conversation without even trying. It seemed a fire was the issue. She just scowled. All she would be useful for was evacuation apparently.

Caitlyn didn't  like the Zeta tubes. They left an odd feeling in her stomach. She also felt a bit light headed after the whole teleportation thing. Caitlyn would have to get used to it. The first thing she noticed was Jaden creating a barrier around it. She turned her attention to the !nk girl and her eyes widened. It seemed she just dove into the inferno. Caitlyn pressed a button on her hat. Her voice would be amplified as if she was shouting in a megaphone.

"What are you doing?! Thats so brash!" She barked. Even if she was trying to save someone, the inferno was still raging. Caitlyn couldn't do much in the situation, as entering the fire wouldn't help anyone. Still, the fire was unusual. When she lived in England, fires were rare and easily controlled. When she moved to California, wild fires became common, but this blaze didn't seem natural.

She turned her attention to the rest of the group. She deactivated her hat's feature before speaking. "Something is off...I need to find the source. Can any of you clear the smoke?" She asked, bringing her rifle's scope to her eye. She peered into the flames, but she couldn't get a good look, as the smoke kept interrupting her vision.  

Sin landed inside the burning building, quickly realizing that in her hurry to save whomever was caught in the blaze she had thrown caution completely to the wind. She had never really be involved in a fire before. Even when she had been under the tutelage of 'Pandora', she had mostly dealt with drug dealers, vandals, and the occasional rapist. Fire was a completely new territory. 

The smoke was overwhelming, she was having a hard time breathing. Flapping her wings, she tried to clear the air in the building. It didn't help too much, but it would have to do. Because now, the heat was getting to her. Deactivating her wings, the tattoos returned to their normal appearance, shrinking and then reattaching to her skin. Following that, she began to channel her power into the hexagonal shapes tattooed along her arms, causing them to grow and act as shields, keeping the worst of the flames from reaching her. 

"Hello?!" She called out. "I'm here to help you. Make a sound if you can." 

"It's so hot....it burns...Ash." Sin fought her way through the haze and fire. The girl sounded even more distressed...of course, why shouldn't she? She was caught in a fire for God's sake. 

"I'm... *cough*...*cough*...*cough*... coming for you." She said, finally breaking through the worst of the fire. She looked around, trying to see through the smoke. That's when Sin caught sight of a figure crouched in the corner. "I'm here. *cough* Can you come to me?" Sin said, her own voice becoming desperate as the fire continued to close in around her.

"I...can't..." The figure said.

"You have to try."

"contROL IT!" The figure turned around, revealing her face. As she screamed, the fire roared up around, moving even closer to Sin.

"Holy sh-" Sin cursed, bringing her shields up tight to protect her from the heat. As she did, she began to animate one of the wasps on her neck, sending it flying on the girl. It was obvious that she was the cause of the fire. As the wasp neared the girl, it simply caught fire and was incinerated. Sin cried out in pain, a burn appearing on her neck where the wasp tattoo had been. "You bit-" Sin started, but was cut short as a fireball collided with her shields, sending her exploding out of the building. Suddenly she was free falling...

---

The fire elemental, moved to the hole she had created in the building, catching sight of several of The Team members. "...you...DON'T...understand..." She wailed, casting several more fireballs at various members of The Team. "...it's...not...my..fault... I'm sorry!...it just burns!" Most of the fire around the city seemed to sputter and die down a bit as she cried out, but the inferno that surrounded The Team grew stronger. It was obvious, they would need to do something about this girl.

Mary was enjoying the tour, even though she already knew her way around Ops. What she did not enjoy, however, was the sudden interruption of said tour by an alarm. Looking to the screens, she saw the alert of fire in Miami. Fire? I can't imagine they would send us in for something so simple... Withholding her suspicions, she joined the other teammates in gathering needed supplies which, conveniently, consisted of nothing for herself. Stepping up to the Zeta tube, she watched the glowing effect originate at the end of the tunnel, before flashing toward her.

The next thing she saw, Marionette was standing in a corresponding tube in what seemed to be a warehouse. "Figures. I imagine they have these things all over the place..." She sighed as she stepped out of the Zeta Tube, continuing on out through front door of the warehouse. Despite her lack of needed preparation, it seemed that most of her teammates had gone through before her. Looking around the city, she understood why they were called in. This fire was extraordinary. She could scarcely find a building that wan't burning at this point. However, as she continued to gaze, much of the fire died down, as the fire in a localized area picked up, beginning to surround a destroyed building. "It looks like that is the place to be." 

Making a full sprint toward the growing inferno, she ignored the cries for help she heard around her, focusing on the objective at hand: getting to that building before her path was completely blocked. Throwing her arms out in front of her, she extended her Meta Threads, each attaching to a different point on the buildings ahead of her. Pulling with all of her strength, which was then multiplied by 10 by the threads, Marionette launched herself forward, releasing the threads and covering her face as she flew through the flames. Tucking and rolling to prevent injury as she landed, Marionette stood up and straightened out her clothing, panicking briefly as she patted out an ember that had found its way into her hair. Taking in the area around her, she saw that tattoo girl - perhaps it would have been better to learn the names when she had a chance - falling out of a hole in the building. 

For a moment, Mary did nothing, but then she remembered that Tattoo Girl was her teammate. Mary extended five threads to the remaining portion of wall, pulling herself up to it, and using the Meta Threads from her other hand to attempt to catch the girl as she fell. "I sure hope this works... I don't think it would go over very well for me to let a teammate die on the first day."

Caitlyn noticed Sin fall, and she saw Marionette catch her. That was one less brat she was reponsible for saving. Caitlyn got a closer look at the fire creature from her scope. She grimmaced, but her eyes widened as she saw the fireball arc its way towards her. This was just like her past. Moving quickly, Caitlyn rolled backwards, just barely dodging the fireball. It left a scorch mark where Caitlyn was standing a second ago.

Caitlyn took action immediately. It didn't matter if that fire monster was a person or not, all that mattered was that she was a threat at the moment. Caitlyn set her scopes on the creatures leg. She fired two shots in a quick succession. Caitlyn then rolled left and shot another two bullets at the girl's hand. She had to move quickly and nimbly if she wanted to incapacitate the beast without taking hits in return. However, Caitlyn was far from cover, and not in the best position to be gunning from.

"I need cover." She said to the team, firing a blind shot in the direction the fire beast was.

Caitlyn wasn't sure what to do, so she had to keep her eyes out for more fireballs untill a form of non-flaming cover was open. She bent her knees and prepared to roll to either side so she could dodge another attack. 

"At least its better than putting out a fire..." Caitlyn grumbled.

Jaden got to reach the blazing building, as he watched an explosion from the building happen. Bracing it with this light constructed shield, he watched !nk free falling from the building as the explosion commenced. He was about to try and help her, when thankfully Mary, the marionette-esque woman had saved her with a set of threads.

He sighed in relief that his teammate was there. However...the new target/obvious source of the Miami inferno was there in front of them. A fire elemental...now this was definitely new to him. However, he would think of this later, mainly as the elemental started to have even more of the inferno surround the team. Jaden backed up with the others as he summoned up a nice sized light shield to protect the group, all whilst still letting them be able to make their attacks.

"Jaden things are getting hectic down there! You guys gotta do something soon!"

"Tell me...something I don't already know Nightingale..." Jaden said in a quick rash tone, as he looked at the others in the team, before sighing. "Didn't want to do this already...but I guess I have no choice." He gripped the Royal Blade's hilt tighter as he moved past the light shield and looked back at the others. "I'll draw her fire! You take the opportunity to put out the fire and attack her!!" he yelled at the group, before skidding to a halt, a good ways in front of the burning building and the fiery elemental.

"PROTECT THE INNOCENT...LIBERATOR!!!"

Most Wonderous Battle OST - We Be Defenders

Jaden lifted the blade into the air, as a sudden gust of wind surrounded the young man, before a great light enveloped him. Only moments later did the wind disperse and put out some of the fire around the team, as well as the light dying down. Before the elemental and the team...stood Jaden in the form of his persona: Liberator.

He swung his blade around him, as he pointed it towards the elemental. "You ready?" he said as he swung his blade at the elemental again, as a crescent slash of light was flung towards the woman. His plan was, even if it hit her or not, was to make him the current target to allow the others to have an opening.

Archived