Earth-7: Young Justice Initiative [IC]

Ren✧

Oliver watched as the majority his teammates leaped off into different directions. Of course the Sniper went on her own, and their not so friendly neighborhood telekinetic warped away to god knows where. He gave a mental sigh. The young hero couldn't help but think that stopping petty crimes seemed a tad bit beneath them all, but hey, it was better than sitting around HQ. “Margret, do a scan for any hot spots in the area. Clearance granted for all mobile device, Security feeds, and police radios.” Oliver spoke seemingly into thin air. If the others had stuck around they could have also been granted the use of Margret, but not that it mattered now.

Moments later a female voice responded from the Kaiser unit. “There are several spots fairly close that appear to have an extremely consistent crime rate. I've marked them on our navigation system.” Just as the A.I's monotone had finished, a hologram map of the neighborhood appeared from Oliver’s right gauntlet. Taking a second to scan the map, he nodded Jaden over to come take look. "Alright birdboy, have your pick."

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With that the team dispersed into all directions, leaving Jaden with Oliver. He turned to look at the holographic map and chuckled, as he pointed at one location that was near a group of apartment complexes. "That should do it." he said as he started to climb up the alleyway's ladders, heading to the roof. Once they were both on the roof, Jaden took off ahead and had Oliver follow, as they started jumping off building roofs, making it to the apartment complexes.

~A few minutes pass~

The night had seemed quiet on their end, as they surveyed the area of the apartment complex. The two just shot the breeze, awaiting for something to happen. "Obviously...in my perspective...that tattoo girl, !nk...just might have the leadership material that some are lacking." he said, crouched on the side of the apartment building, as if imitating a gargoyle. "Though to be honest...if they don't choose her to be leader or at least second in command, their idiots. Besides...I don't mind taking orders from a pretty lady." he chuckled as he was contacted by Nightingale.

Rockin' Robin, you read?

"Yeah, Sing Sweet...but I thought we already said that com name wasn't gonna happen." Jaden sighed as he answered back. "Anyway, what's up?"

Got criminal activity going on in that area...seems like there's both a car chase and a chase on foot. All tied to the same robbery. Thought you two Turtle-Doves could use a bit of action.

"Ehehehehe, Turtle-Doves...your SO funny Nightingale..." Jaden rolled his eyes as he sat up. "Hacker...got intel on a robbery that's taking place on foot and by car...they should be passing us anytime now. I'm leaving the car chase to your hacking skills. Don't let me down, Hacker."

Mission BGM

The moment he said this, the sirens and yelling were heard, as he smirked and rushed off the apartment roof, and landed on the next neighboring roof. With his target, Jaden took the high road approach as he followed him down the block.

Pin pointed your location, Kudo. There should be a dead-end alley way on his next turn. And judging on how the cops are at the present moment...they aren't going to make it in time.

"Easy pickings then." Jaden chuckled as he leaped off another building, this time grabbing a nearby window ledge as he watched the bandit run down the dead-end alleyway.

"Awww dang...dead-end..." he groaned, not hearing someone drop in from behind him. "Better double ba-" Right then is when he saw Jaden standing there with a smirk on his face. "W-Wha? Get the hell out of my way, kid!"

"Kid? I think you need to get your eyes checked..." Jaden said as he shrugged. "But hey, your obviously not one for obvious details." He didn't know if it was what he said, or the fact that he was just blocking his way (probably the latter) as he watched the bandit rush at him with a knife. On instinct, Jaden dodged the initial knife jab as he grabbed the bandit's wrist and quickly disarmed the knife he held. It wasn't long before a small brawl ensued, with Jaden having the upperhand. It was finally drawn to a close as he smirked as he tied him up and then tightened his Paladin Gloves.

"Let's see...if I can try this..." he said as he made a few light shield constructs, as he hopped on them and used them as a ladder to get back on the roof. "Heh, well I got mine Hacker...where's yours?" he quickly contacted Oliver.

So they were splitting up into teams of two now. This was surely an interesting development. V figured this would be one of those life altering decisions that would determine the flow of his life from this point on. It seemed though that others had already made their decision. His sparring partner and the rifle person went in the same direction. The tattoo'd vanguard and the dragon went in some different area. Something just spoke to V that the boy whose aura shined like the sun and the tech wizard were going to be a pair. Actually that makes even more sense. He knew those two would be fun to be around but of course he did not want to ruin their bonding time.

So as the two left V followed similar to that stranger in the background, He was mentally marvelling at the synergy that these two had after meeting each other for only such a small amount of time. Quickly the sunchild had dawned he combat gear and defeated some vandal with the awesome power of justice. While V didn't seem to show any emotion he was squealing like a little fangirl on the inside. It seemed however that one of the criminals was trying to run from the police and got in the way of V's line of sight to gaze at the awesomeness of Oliver and Jaden. Poor, poor, criminal...surely she was just a low level thug who had just gotten in over her head, but what happened next wasn't truly deserved.

When the woman ran past V she felt a millisecond of discomfort. Immediately she tumbled to the floor and rolled on the ground as if she tripped. She looked back to V to see what happened, and that was when she noticed that the chain hanging from V's hand was covered in black flames. The second thing she noticed was the seemingly increasing puddle of blood coming from where her leg should be. Then she realized that she no longer had a leg. V had literally sawed it off in what would be similar to an instant. To be honest, it was the maiden's fault, people should watch where they are running. Naturally the police pursing her halted and called an ambulance for this woman as she clearly went into shock while V just resumed watching Oliver and Jaden work together.

V was actually pretty happy with himself. He did not kill the criminal nor did he cause severe structural damage to the surrounding area. Clearly his teammates would be proud of him.

As Kaitlin was navigating her way away from the team, she had shifted her Rifle's function to its net setting. For one of two reasons. Catching criminals, or snaring any pursuing teammates. Maybe even both. As she kept running, she heard something. Turning to her side instantly, she saw Denilla appear by her. She sighed loudly. Luckily, it was not someone like Sin. If it was, they would probably end up pinned on a rooftop. However, Kaitlin did not appreciate the surprise.

"Lets set something straight here. I work better alone. You slow me down, I will not hesitate to temparariy put you out of commission. One slip up, one false move, one reason for a criminal to have gotten away, and you'll see why my aim is so killer." She said, making it evident she sought nothing but perfection if Denilla was to accompany her.

~~~

Kaitlin had been stalking a suspicious figure in the distance. She made sure she was at max distance, constantly peering at him through her scope. Something was off about him. The man had constantly been turning around, sticking his hands in his pockets, and staying in the shadows. Kaitlin constantly moved roof to roof, signaling Denilla to follow.

"Here, the man has stopped. Try to get a closer view. If things get ugly, I'll provide some cover. It appears as if this man is waiting about 25 feet from a night club. He has a pistol in his one pocket, and what seems to be a few explosives. I am not sure of his intentions, but with his move patterns and behavior, they can't be good." She stated, shifting her gun to its standard fire option. Her bullets were rubber, but getting hit by one would feel like the real thing.

The man would stand outside the night club. After a few moments, more and more people dressed similarly would begin to gather. Each of them armed similarly. Kaitlin had her sights set on the group, and waited for Denilla to make a move. Luckily, it seemed the last 5 people were waiting for someone else, as the stood there, constantly checking their phones and watches. Kaitlin had her first shot aimed at the gun in the largest man's pocket.

"Lets set something straight here. I work better alone. You slow me down, I will not hesitate to temparariy put you out of commission. One slip up, one false move, one reason for a criminal to have gotten away, and you'll see why my aim is so killer." Kaitlin said.

While Denila said nothing in return, in her head she thought "If you even dared to try that I'd teleport all your gear and clothing back to base just to show you how useless you actually are compared to me.". Moving on though, Kaitlin was stalking a suspicious individual and motioned for Denila to follow.

"Here, the man has stopped. Try to get a closer view. If things get ugly, I'll provide some cover. It appears as if this man is waiting about 25 feet from a night club. He has a pistol in his one pocket, and what seems to be a few explosives. I am not sure of his intentions, but with his move patterns and behavior, they can't be good." Noted Kaitlin as she fiddled with switch on her rifle. Denila responded by biting off the end of one of her fingernails and teleported it onto the palm of her other hand. Briefly she turned her power off so she could actually see the individual.

Although it was tricky to get a good view of the man due to her being blind in one eye she could see him. More people soon came and waited by him, she assumed these were his accomplices. Waiting long enough she reactivated and sent the nail she'd just bitten off in the direction of the group. They weren't too far away so she wouldn't need to stress to much about being out of her initial range. As she guided the nail around the group she noted the guns they had in their pockets.She teleported all the bullets in each gun next to Kaitlin. There was something else they were carrying that she couldn't figure out what. She dismissed this, with them being unarmed she was safe to surprise them. Her head was starting to hurt now so it was best to do it now before she got to stressed.

In an instant she was in the middle of the group. The group hadn't noticed her at first but then one of them back away and pulled out their gun. The hollow noise as the trigger clicked caused her to grin. The others followed the same example with the same hollow noise being the result. The group being briefly dumbfounded gave great pleasure to Denila making her grin. In an instant the group was forced to the floor and held there unable to move. It hadn't occurred to her that perhaps there was one more person coming. So she waited there for Kaitlin to reveal herself unaware that that someone had just seen what happened and was holding a trigger device ready to click it.

OoC: Just to be clear the man is out of Denila's 15ft sight radius.

Draco was surprised that Sin had chosen him for her partner. She had been the one in the most danger during the first mission due to him losing control. He had thought she would still be pissed. "You know I don't blame you for losing control." Draco turned towards the tattooed woman. He didn't quite know what to say. Saying something dismissive would no doubt be rude, but being too eager about her forgiveness would make him look pathetic. And something told him that Sin didn't have much time for the weak. Deciding that a grateful nod would do it, he maintained the silence that had comfortably come between them.

He noticed that she had pulled out a pair of binoculars and was surveying the city. "Why don't you try and find some action, I'm coming up empty." Sin said, handing Draco the binoculars. He took them, but didn't need to bring it up to his eyes. 

"I don't think we need to." He said, pointing to where a figured wrapped in dark clothes stood next to a woman on the sidewalk. She was crying out in pain and sirens were slowly approaching.

"Is that...V?" Sin asked in wonder.

"We better check on him." Draco said, sprouting his pair of dragonic wings. Sin nodded in agreement, donning her own pair. Taking to the air, the two glided to where their bandaged teammate stood proudly over his accomplishment. They arrived just as the ambulance came on scene. 

"V, what happened?" Sin asked in astonishment, noticing the woman's leg had been severed. 

"V, you didn't do this, did you?" Draco asked.

While being overtly focused on the new dynamic duo V failed to notice his teammate approach him. Maybe it was the sound of the annoying ambulance people and the bystanderds who were "horrified" at what happened. Nevertheless  once he heard someone talking to him he realized who was talking to him. He turned around to notice the dragon and the tattoo on the scene. While his face was bandaged and completely covered his elation still shined through. It seemed that his teammates were overtly concerned with this criminal that he apprehended. Maybe they were there to congratulate him for actually catching a criminal safely.

Problem was that he didn't exactly know how to respond to the line of questioning. V used his chain to grab the unconscious creature's leg and he brought it in front of him and proceeded to nod. Then V followed it up with a thimbs up. V was trying his best to take responsibilty for his actions. So he did the next natural thing. He gave the leg to Drago because dragons eat people and this would be a treat...right?

"I think I'm gonna be sick." Draco said as V offered him the leg. He turned away from the scene, proceeding to wretch in the comfort of a nearby alley. 

"Oh my God, no wonder he never let us out." Sin said, trying to grasp the situation. The best course of action would be to report to Jackdaw. Sarge would just blow up on them, but Jackdaw would be able to tell them what to do. Sin grabbed her communicator and began to dial up The Team's direct line to Ops. When she had connected, the automated voice ran through a list of extensions that the call could be run through. Pressing the appropriate one, there was a single ring before the gruff voice of the caped crusader appeared over the line.

"Now that's strange..." A voice said over the line, one that she didn't quite recognize.

"Uh...this is Jackdaw's line, right?" Sin asked, fearing she had made some kind of mistake. 

"Oh, sorry. Yeah, it is, but he's off being mysterious or something. I'm monitoring his line while he's away. The name's Nightingale. You're one of Jaden's teammates right?" Nightingale said.

"Oh..." Sin said in surprise, beginning to grasp the situation. She was prepared to launch into an explanation as to why she called, but before she could, Nightingale continued to talking.

"Anyway, what's strange is, I was just told to get one of you on the line. One of Jackdaw's alerts just went off and you all are the closest team in the vicinity." He began to explain. 

"Well actually we have something else that needs taking care of." Sin tried to interrupt.

"Not anymore you don't. I am sending you the coordinates and mission specs." 

"I don't think you understand. For one, Sarge didn't say anything about a mission, and second one of our teammates seems to have-"

"No excuses. Get going, and good luck." Nightingale disconnected, leaving Sin utterly perplexed and frustrated. She thought about trying again, but figured she'd meet a similar end. It seemed that the current issue would have to be dealt with later. 

Looking at the small interface of the communicator, she noticed that Nightingale had already made good on his word. The coordinates and mission specs were already displayed on the screen. Bringing her hand to her ear to talk into The Team's radio, she contacted them. "We've been given a mission, apparently." She addressed them. Relaying the information she had, she ended the transmission and turned to V.

"Put that down." She instructed, pointing at the dismembered leg that was still in his chains' clutches. "And come on, we have a job to do." She grabbed V's wrist, pulling him away from the chaos that had ensued around the incident. "Draco, let's get going." She said to the swordsman who had just finished violently puking. And with that, they were off to meet the rest of The Team for their second real mission.

End of Episode

About an hour later...

Episode 4: Uselessness

The various members of The Team had finished up their previous entanglements and met Sin, Draco, and V where they waited on a rooftop amongst the DC skyline. "That's our target." Sin said, her binoculars focused on a relatively small building below. "Cadmus Labs," she further explored," is said to be researching the growth of and transplantation of human organs, but the Justice League has been monitoring them and have noticed that they are using a massive amount of energy. Far more than they should. Our mission is to just scope it out." She looked down at the specs again reading the last line. "There is no room for slip ups. Covert is the key word."

Sin looked back at the building. A feeling of dread overcame her, but she tried to brush it off. She had a job to do. 

Jaden waited for Oliver to contact him back, but the next sounds he heard was Sin's voice on the other side.

"We've been given a mission, apparently."

When he heard this, the coordinates were given...and he recognized them from the Bird Cage's main computer. "Cadmus...??" he asked as he contacted Nightingale himself. "Cadmus? You serious Nightingale?"

Unfortunately. I gave the mission specs to the girl named !nk. Meet up with her and get the specs.

"So is bossman even alright with this?" Jaden asked, as he was leaping across buildings again, only to hear Nightingale on the other side just chuckling. "So you just gave us a mission without his orders?"

Think of it...as a redemption mission for y'all. It'll give you all a chance to get your feet wet.

He only chuckled back as he cut the conversation short, as he leapt across the last building, seeing Sin and the others there. "So...Cadmus huh...wonder what the huge problem is here." he asked, walking up to the group. "From what I heard, the folks here have been pretty quiet...not even a hair out of place. So what and why is something going wrong now?"

V could only tilt his head as it seemed that his gift to the dragon was not appreciated. Of course it was rude of him to assume that the dragon was one of those that dined on human flesh. V sulked a little bit as he realized that he did not know that much about his teammate, but his inner smile returned after further contemplation revealed that this was the perfect excuse to bond more with a team member. Once again EVERYTHING IS AWESOME! Of course the one garbed in tattoos somehow felt somekind of way about of his benelvolent duties. She had quickly gotten on the communication device thingie and was trying to inform the superiors. V only tilted his head in curiosity especially seeing that he tried his hardest to not kill the assaliant and he made sure that it would be exceedingly hard to commit physically active crimes again.

It looked like the Fates were smiling on him though. He gleefully smiled (even though you wouldn't be able to tell) as Sin snatched him talking about some new kind of mission. Could the day get any better? As the group came back together V was simply tilting his head from side to side to a song inside his head. It seems that this new mission was at "Cadmus Labs." The tattoo'd one  mentioned how important stealth was this time. V noted that the majority of his wardrobe was pitch black anyway so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. It looks like it was time for his second mission...Yay for adventure!

As the car chase preceded down the high way, the driver of the get away vehicles’s face twisted with glee. His two partners had chosen to attempt escape on foot, and where probably apprehended by now, and the cops that were chasing him seemed to be going in slow motion compared to the speed of his heavily customized Volvo. This meant that he wouldn’t be splitting his score with either of those two idiots, and as a bonus, he wouldn’t be spending the night in the slammer. Unfortunately, just as the exit came into view, a voice suddenly came through his car's new digital radio. 

“You have the right to remain silent, anything you say that might piss my off can and will lead to bodily injury.” The bandit raised an eyebrow. The voice obviously belonged to a kid… and an annoyingly cocky one at that. Swerving to the left to avoid oncoming traffic, the man shot back at this radio. “Aint it past your bed time? Stop playing with my f***ing radio, and stay the hell out of the grown-ups business!”

Back on the rooftop, Oliver’s eye twitched ever so slightly. Without a word, he swiped the panel on his RMC that would disable the man’s control over his car, and then ordered the vehicle to begin rapidly accelerating. Still monitoring the cars systems, he spoke to Margret. “What are the chances that he’s wearing his seatbelt?”

“Very low, sir.” 

“Thought so.”

With his a satisfied smile, Oliver triggered the man’s break and air bag simultaneously. Causing him to shoot forward into a world of pain. 

About an hour later...

Oliver had arrived at !nk's location relatively early, and while the others began to slowly arrive, he was already at work. He had run several scans of the facility; each had come up with nothing out of the ordinary. From what he could tell it seemed to be the standard Lex corp building; two stories, annoyingly generic security codes, and lots and lots of weird meta human research data flying around the place.  

It was only when Oliver began to scroll through the building’s system functions to see what could possible be using up so much energy, that Cadmus truly peaked his interest. “Hello…” Oliver spoke loud enough to call for the rest of the team’s attention. 

It was a single program, highly advanced and very out of place in the rest of the buildings system. It seemed to be the activation code for an elevator of some kind, a big one… After a short struggle with the Cadmus’s security, he managed to snag himself a copy of the code, and instantly began digging deeper into its functions. 

To his teammates he would seem to have entered a trance of sorts, with his fingers furiously working his RMC’s hologram keyboard. After a few moments, his eyes widened and he turned to the team. “More importantly, bird boy... What the hell are they doing with a 52 floor freight elevator?” Taking a moment to fiddle with his RMC, he turned the hologram towards his teammates, revealing a rough mapping of what appeared to be 52 sub–levels located directly under the building. The mapping was filled with holes, and it was impossible to get a clear view of any of the lower floors. “You know... I’d need to get in there if I wanted to fill in those blank spots.” Oliver's tone was full of mischief as his gazed shifted from face to face. They all knew exactly what he was implying. 

Denila had no time to react as the group of people exploded in a mass of fire and flesh. Nothing but body parts and guts remained of the oh so mighty girl that had single handily disarmed the group. Her team wouldn't even get the idea of a chance to morn her either has a new mission would come up out of nowhere.

At least, that's what I would have said had Kaitlin not been watching her back. Kaitlin just in time caught the guy with the trigger switch at the corner of her eye. I'll leave you or Cherz to figure out what happened next.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Denila was standing next to Kaitlin as the new mission was briefed. The events that had just transpired before this were puzzling and although she was expressionless her mind was buzzing with emotions. She hadn't felt this emotional since that cruel event that unlocked her powers. Though the emotions buzzing about were a tad different from that time. In any case, her and the teams mission was to infiltrate a small building which seemed to have enough room to fit 52 floors underground. With all the emotions buzzing through her she couldn't really think properly and said something that for the most part seem out of character.

"I.......I'll keep you all safe."

Archived