Pokemon Ninja Force [IC / Still Accepting]

The Warden

Suki

When the Water Dragon burst through the open windows and started flying around, Suki looked up in wonder at the creation. That lasted all of until it exploded into snowflakes, causing the small Phantump to shy away from them instinctively, before being surprised by the Absol who had been sharing the sunlight with her moving across to cover her up and protect her from them. Glad for the intervention, the small stump whispered "Thank you" to the Dark Pokemon above her, before returning her attention to the stage, still hidden underneath the Absol as the last few snowflakes settled. Once the orientation finished, she floated back out from underneath him, coming around in front of him to introduce herself. "My name is Suki, thank you for protecting me."

Ayano

The mere appearance of the Water Dragon ridden by the Supreme Grandmaster was enough to have the small Vulpix shifting away from it, before the explosion into snowflakes falling down over the area made her actually act. With a small motion, Ayano tilted her head at those falling above her, shooting a small burst of fire directly into it to melt them away from her, before looking around the room to see if anyone else had interesting reactions to the dragon's appearance and subsequent explosion. Across in another beam of sunlight, an Absol shifted spots, incidentally covering up the Phantump that had a similar reaction to the snowflakes as hers was to the dragon itself. Meanwhile, in another part of the room where that Absol had been looking, an Eevee seemed to shift towards an evolution to Jolteon for a moment, before settling down as if it had never happened.

Looking back up the front as the announcements started, the two tailed pokemon couldn't help but let out a small giggle at the somewhat less than confident manner of the Greninja speaking to them. She perked up a bit more as the masters of her path were announced, paying careful attention to the name of the Magmortar. As the Weaville finished and Hanzo took over the stage again, Ayano couldn't help but giggle again at the pun he made as he continued, before only somewhat listening as the rest of the masters were introduced.With the orientation now finished, Ayano wandered outside, eager to meet her classmates and learn to control her fire better.

Genesis rose quickly after the speeches were finished. Her teacher would be a Ditto. Fitting, but she felt like maybe she had chosen the wrong path. Versatility was already her greatest weapon, what she needed was power. And it seemed that, that was what most of the other paths were offering. Grandmaster Grimm was particularly intriguing to Genesis. Perhaps, she would meet with him later. 

However, currently, she was expected elsewhere, besides she didn't want to stay around any longer than she had to. She suspected that an Absol and perhaps a Vulpix in the crowd had caught sight of her jumping the gun with her Evolutionary Shift. Truthfully, it wasn't a big deal. They would all know sooner or later, but still, it was important to her. 

Dashing up the stairs, she was the first to arrive at the fourth floor. There was nothing left to do, but wait...again. 

Alexander's attention remained on Grandmaster Ironclaw throughout the whole of the various presentations the others performed, noting that he had decidedly not bothered with any sort of extravagant display like the others.  Of course the Absol was far too familiar with his ability to think that he needed to, and as they were told where to go for their classes he nodded silently and would have sat down to wait were it not for the small floating stump beneath him.  Of course her presence there ended soon enough, and he settled down just as she floated around and introduced herself.  A bit of a smile came to his face for a moment as he remembered that she had thanked him, his attention having been elsewhere at the time.

"Alexander," he introduced himself, before dipping his head into a slight bow, "and it was no trouble."  that was all he said, before rising to his feet and making his way further in towards the stage while the rest of the students filtered out to their various other classrooms.  He knew he was where he needed to be, and worked his way further forward until he came to stand but a few feet from the stage once more.  Settling down to sit again, opting to wait until the time came for their lessons to begin.

Suki

Smiling gently once more, the Phantump floated away from the Absol, Alexander, as she slowly moved towards the stairwell, excited to finally get started on the training she'd made her way here for. Making her way around the students busily rushing to find their place, Suki followed the stream of people that seemed to be heading upstairs, before splitting off on the third floor with a group of other students that were heading to the west side of the floor. Once there, she found a nice spot to float in, slightly above the heads of most of the pokemon around, starting to think over what their Grandmaster, the Medichan, Grandmaster Stillwater would be like, and just what they'd learn in the lessons.

Ayano

Outside the tower, Ayano was watching excitedly as the other students for her path made their way out, interested to see just who and what types of Pokemon would be joining her. Head turning what would seem like every few seconds, the small Vulpix's excitement was building to a peak as she watched the students, especially looking to see what other Fire-Types would be joining them even as she awaited the beginning of the classes.

Skyler flew down from the Onix whose horn he was roosting from, just as he and the other students were dismissed, only to contemplate on what Hanzo and the other Grandmasters had to say. He was certainly put off by Soarin the Dragonite and that fierce glare he gave.

'Well, thank Arceus I'm not in the Path of the Absolute; wouldn't last a day in that,' Skyler thought to himself after a sigh of relief, before observing the Meowth that was Grandmaster Ironclaw, 'Still, what the hell's a Meowth supposed to teach me that I can't learn myself? I can only wonder...'

Skyler could only await for classes to begin, so he could learn his first Poke-Justu

"Thank you Supreme Grandmaster. Hello Students of Might, I am Grandmaster Ironclaw. I have been a member of this order for a significant portion of time, and I have seen many students come through our doors. And, I can just feel deep down that you will also become as great and as mighty as they were. Train hard, train strong. Supreme Grandmaster?"

Vash

That was the Grandmaster of the Path he had chosen. Ironclaw... Though he wondered why a Meowth was indeed the Grandmaster of this path. He would've expected something more. A Hitmonlee, another Lucario, heck...even someone stronger looking like an Aggron or Rhyperior... Vash thought, as he just couldn't put his paw on why this was.

As he kept thinking about why Ironclaw was the Grandmaster, the orientation was over. He shook his head and snapped back into reality from his thoughts, hearing that the Path of Might initiates would be meeting in the entrance hall. He slowly turned around, looking at the group of Pokemon still around. Most of them, he guessed, were in the same Path that he was. Regardless, Vash only started to roam the room, if only to wait for the time for the lessons to begin.

Nobou

You...have to be...FLIPPING KIDDING ME!!!! Nobou thought, as he witnessed who the Path of Might's Grandmaster was. His claw had now officially dug into the wall as he growled to himself. Of all the damn Pokemon here...the only one that looked threatening and able to teach me anything was the damn Dragonite!! And I'm stuck with this sorry kitten!!

Nobou scoffed as he walked off in a hurry, thankfully the orientation was over...but this truly upset him. How in the world was he supposed to learn the skills of a Pokemon Ninja and get revenge for his brother...taught by a Meowth...?

The huge group of masters exhibitions was awe inspiring, Kenichiro couldn't stop looking from side to side as each master kept going up to show their stuff, he was getting giddy, bubbling with excitement after the last master had left he said nothing, he simply stood there with a bit of drool hanging from his wide mouth, especially after seeing Grandmaster Stillwater, who immediately went in his book of babes. Once he noticed everyone starting to leave however he was just standing there, wide jawed and with an expressionless look on his face until he saw an Eevee and a Vulpix babe walking by, his eyes darting in their direction until they both went their separate ways " aww magikarp! I lost them" he cursed himself until he what the masters said finally hit him "oh yeah, training and whatnot.....uhm, where is the path of nature again?" he wondered as he waddled around the castle yet again "This gonna be one of those days, when you're stuck between an Geodude and a Hard place"

Going through the hallways once more he had trouble reading some of the signs "Uhm....I knew I should have gotten a Unovan to Krozan dictionary at the gift shop" not that he had any money anyway, he continued walking until he saw what looked to be a classmate walking to who knows where, he was moving too quickly for him to catch a glimpse of what kind of pokemon it was, but he was hoping he would make it on time.

The day was bright, this day was beautiful save for the one place where it never stops raining, Sombre Town. The clouds hung low droplets of rain heavy for it, the rain splashed against the tombstones and ground making sloshing sounds all around. The rain also splashed on a dark coated figure surrounded by Misdreavus and Mismagius. This figure obviously mourning as the bells from the golden tower rang in the distance.

"Akua! You need to go th-" The figure rose their hand, then a distinctly feminine voice sounded. "I can hear the bells Mira."

"No you don't get it the Hau-" The small ghost Pokemon cut off again this time the voice male in origin. "Akua! I'm tired of you disrespecting these grounds with your presence! I don't care if the boss tolerates you because you feed some of us."

The hooded figure tears off the cloak revealing a Buizel. Akua enjoyed her time with the Mismagius and Misdreavus, despite them feeding off of her misery they provided comfort and companionship as they drained away her sadness and hatred. "Bugle, I have class soon I don't have time to deal with your shenanigans today." Akua's tone very sleight as if she deals with this all the time. The Haunter yells in anger, "Y-You insolent! It's Booga! I've told you several times now I don't go by that name anymore! Attack her!" The haunter commands as several Ghastly fly at her. Akua's tails glow blue as she twirls and smacks the Ghastly to the side and brings her face to the Haunter's as they glare at each other. Suddenly Mira wraps her tendrils around Bugle gripping tight and gives him an angry glare, "Stupid Brother! Leave her alone!" then with sudden calmness followed by another bit of anger. "You should get to training you don't wanna be scolded do you? Stay still BUGLE!"

With a smile Akua pivots and then slowly a white aura surrounds her before she begins to dash out of the cemetery once clear she jumps and with a crack of should she blasts off towards the ringing of the bells twisting her self spinning off the rain and evidence of her visit.

After enough time had passed, and Grandmaster Ironclaw rose from the stage, where he had stayed there patiently. His tiny legs hanging off the stage, he gracefully pushed himself off the stage, his hapi swishing as he casually moved past the Might students who had gathered in the Entrance Hall. He cast the grouped students a solemn gaze. "I guess that this is more than sufficient. Please join me outside" he said and walked briskly past the students.

The enormous red, metal-plated doors loomed before him, and he moved them effortlessly. His long feet slipped across the silky grass that surrounded the Golden Tower. He scooped a handful of blades as he marched, and released them. The blades moved with the wind, and fell ten feet away from him. He muttered to himself as the student congregated nearby. "Do me a favour" Ironclaw said as he turned to the Onix that followed out, and he pointed to a pile of logs; "grab about, three of those logs."

The Onix nodded and snaked over the group to the log pile. Grabbing three of the legs in his coils, he dumped them by Ironclaw. "Okay, now place two of them over there, and the other... over there" he commanded, pointing to two different areas. The Onix nodded again and did as he was commanded, though when he moved to the second spot, he was cut off by Ironclaw: "Actually, move it about a little bit too the left" he added without looking.

The Onix gave a pained look, but gave the slightest nudge to the two logs piled on top of each other. Ironclaw nodded as he trudged forward to stare off into the forest, the two logs between him. "Do you know what strength is?" he inquired to the group.

The students muttered amongst themselves, though none felt brave enough to answer. Ironclaw raised a lone finger, and his long nail extended. It gleamed in the sun as he made a quick swipe motion to the two logs standing on top of each other. Nothing seemed to happen... until a cut was rent into the log. The top half flew in the air over Ironclaw, and landed perfectly on top of the other log. As impressive as it was, it was made more so by the enormous cut rent into the ancient trees some fifty feet away.

Ironclaw pivoted on his foot to face his students. "Strength is the ability to fight for what you believe in most strongly. We of the Path of Might fight not with fanciful techniques, or with the strength of our minds. We fight using our body's true strength and ability, honing our skills so that our very bodies are, not weapon, but shields. We defend the peace of the world with our power, as is our sworn duty. We are not brutes, we are not mindless meatheads. We are enlightened warriors, strong in body, and soul. We do not lash out, we do not strike with anger. We hold our hands out in peace, and if our enemies refuse; they will learn why you cannot shake hands with a fist."

--------------------------------------------------------

Master Stillwater was meditating on one leg on the Third Floor. Her pose was poised as her eyes saw all, though they were shut. The students gathered around her, cautiously waiting for the rather eccentric Stillwater to take notices of them. "Spirit, is but a funny thing" she remarked carefully.

"Though eyes are wide shut, the inner eye carefully monitors anything and everything around it: It perceives all. With a calmed spirit, the mind has nothing to weigh it down or distract it. The ears become open to the beauty of sound an your eyes awaken to the eternal sight of our world. Our hearts are still, and our mind unclouded. We of Spirit bring peace through our balance and wisdom. Our intelligence and wisdom are eternal, and we are the ones who guide the way for our brethren Ninja. Physical we are not, but in mind, we are unbeaten."

Grandmaster Manni was patiently flattened on the fourth floor as the students patiently, or in some cases, impatiently waited on him. "I amuse myself to think myself a bit of a trickster, though, I found versatility to be my thing" he said casually to his students, his gooey form slicking up into the shape of a star. "There are many Paths in life, though some choose only one, I dare to question why you can't try them all. Though we can never master our destinies, we can control it much better than any one Path. Though Tricksters can supply the art of illusion, we are the ones who are the most surprising. Might one minute, Nature the next. We symbolize the ever changing face of the world."

The Nature Grandmasters were all sitting patiently and enjoying the gentle breeze. Grandmaster Plume's flames burned brightly, the air empowering his burning heart. Grandmaster Tempest was idly floating, listening to the sounds of the Ancient Forest. "It's time?" Plume inquired. 

Grandmaster Brambles lurched forward twice, symbolizing a yes. Nature was one of the two most joined Paths, and a small legion of students waited around them. They pushed themselves up to face the enclave. "Students of the Fire Path, please follow me" Plume commanded, turning to the forest and moving through the brush; the students following him to the depths.

A Path long since travelled, the path Plume took was wide indeed, and swathed with burnt trees. Their scorch marks a symbol of those who have come before it, Plume lead his students to, what looked like a camp ground. The area was bereft of any kind of plant life, and it all surrounded a large fireplace filled with ash. As the students seated themselves Plume grabbed a bunch of logs from a moulding pile, and heft them onto the fireplace. A fireball formed in his hand, and he hurled it into the fireplace, a streak of flame following it. The logs exploded into flame. "Much better" Plume sighed as he sat on one of the felled logs. "I'm sure the many of you are well aware of fire's power. The pure burning energy that burns through the land. But, we are much better than that. Fire challenges the cold, and balances the fickle balance of the elements. Fire brings rebirth as fallen trees become the ash that feeds new growth. Our flames are the ones that challenge those who bring imbalance to our world. Our flames comfort those who feel the chill of the despair, and they burn away the evils of the world. We are not reckless nor are we mindless destroyers. Fire ignites our souls."

As Plume lead his students away, Grandmaster Tempest spun over to her students. "Greetings my children of the waves. Please follow me" he said and cartwheeled through the air into the forest, following a different path than Plume.

Following the Starmie into a forest dense in moisture, she lead them to a spring. The pure water rippled serenely as it was lead away from its place of birth by a stream that slopped into the Deeps. Tempest stood on the water's surface, staring idly as the water lapped at her points. "Do you feel the waters? Do you hear their call? Water is the mother of life, it brings fluid and strength in the body. Though what water can give, it can also take away. A cruel wave can wipe away life, and a selfish rain can ruin crops that bring sustenance to the world. We are not selfish, and we share our gift with the world. We bring life back to where all was emptiness, and we wash away that which taints our world. Evil lives in the hearts of many, and water does not take kindly to it. Wash away the sin, so that only the pure remains."

Alexander followed Grandmaster Ironclaw out the doors just as the rest of the students had done, though he kept himself a ways removed from the rest of the students.  He did not walk ahead or behind the rest of the students, merely to the side of the group such that he could keep a decent berth between them.  It did not escape his notice that the Staravia he'd seen shooting him the evil eye earlier was in the class seeking to follow the path of might, and a wish of his saw the two of them in combat in the not-so-distant future.  Not that he allowed idle daydreams to distract him from what they were going to be shown.  He wasn't exactly sure what Ironclaw intended to do with them outside, but he hardly expected it would be anything new or surprising to him.  After all, he'd actually fought the master so there couldn't be-

And then the end of a log went flying through the air and came to rest perfectly atop another nearby while the phantom of the Grandmaster's strike had gone well beyond that and cut into the ancient trees beyond.  The Absol felt his eyes going wide and his jaw dropping open just the slightest bit.  Sure, he'd seen some impressive things during their bout... but this was something else entirely.  It drove home something that Alex had been thinking for some time, Ironclaw could easily have killed him that day on the road and hadn't.  The only question was why.  He was so busy thinking this through that he did not even hear the question about the nature of strength, and his attention returned only after the Grandmaster began a more extensive lecture on the subject.

"Strength is the ability to fight for what you believe in most strongly." the Grandmaster began, after turning to face them properly, "We of the Path of Might fight not with fanciful techniques, or the strength of our minds.  We fight with our body's true strength and agility, honing our skills so our bodies are, not weapons, but shields.  We defend the peace of this world with our power, as is our sworn duty.  We are not brutes, we are not mindless meatheads.  We are enlightened warriors, strong in body, and soul.  We do not lash out, we do not strike with anger.  We hold our hands out in peace, and if our enemies refuse; they will learn why you cannot shake hands with a fist."  It was a plain speech, but it drove home the idea that Alexander had developed about this Grandmaster and this Path, that this was where he could learn to let go of the anger within him or at least learn not to be mastered by it.  He found something brewing within him, not that it could be seen without, that he'd not felt properly for some time: excitement.  Calmly he took a few steps forward to be roughly in line with the front of the group.  He would have spoken, but for now chose not to give voice to his enthusiasm.

"Strength is the ability to fight for what you believe in most strongly. We of the Path of Might fight not with fanciful techniques, or with the strength of our minds. We fight using our body's true strength and ability, honing our skills so that our very bodies are, not weapon, but shields. We defend the peace of the world with our power, as is our sworn duty. We are not brutes, we are not mindless meatheads. We are enlightened warriors, strong in body, and soul. We do not lash out, we do not strike with anger. We hold our hands out in peace, and if our enemies refuse; they will learn why you cannot shake hands with a fist."

Vash & Nobou

The young Riolu nodded as he clung hard to every word that Grandmaster Ironclaw spoke. However, he was confused about this teaching. They were presenting themselves as shields? Not being the weapons? I actually thought...we'd be more like the unmovable force that is always leaping into the fray. he thought, as he continued on listening to the Meowth. Vash was about to ask a question, but was interrupted by a swift outburst.

"Are you kidding?!"  Nobou shouted as the group of students would most likely be staring at him now. "Enlightened warriors...using our bodies as shields...this is all...a bunch of Tauros crap!!!" he said, shaking his head in a disappointed manner. "If you have the power, you need to be saying we're the weapons and not these shields! And not striking out of anger...maybe that's what gives some of us fuel to keep on going!"

Genesis eyed Grandmaster Manni with a skeptical eye. He was a bit strange, of course there weren't many Dittos that weren't. However, the speech he gave reassured Genesis ever so slightly. If she was given a taste of each of the different paths, perhaps she could figure out which would eventually best suit her. After all, she was sure that she could handle anything any of the Grandmasters could throw at her.

"So are we going to get started any time soon or are you just going to blather on?" Genesis asked, stepping to the forefront of the other students. "I think we've done enough waiting today, don't you?" 

Ayano

Following the Grandmaster, Ayano was excited, it was finally time for the classes to start and to learn something new. She was interested to see a scorched and cleared area in the forest, obviously the recipient of numerous bursts of fire over time, but couldn't look around for too long before their instructor started a fire in front of them and started to speak.

"I'm sure the many of you are well aware of fire's power. The pure burning energy that burns through the land. But, we are much better than that. Fire challenges the cold, and balances the fickle balance of the elements. Fire brings rebirth as fallen trees become the ash that feeds new growth. Our flames are the ones that challenge those who bring imbalance to our world. Our flames comfort those who feel the chill of the despair, and they burn away the evils of the world. We are not reckless nor are we mindless destroyers. Fire ignites our souls."

Listening to all that, the small Vulpix was struggling to hold off a yawn. I thought this lesson would be interesting, but so far all he's done is repeat stuff that I've heard from mum. I guess that's kinda what I get for having a parent closely connected to the spiritual significance of fire. Shifting slightly, Ayano then decided to just lie down on the ground, watching the fire as she waited for the lecture to continue.

Suki

Inside the tower, the Phantump was floating around, calmly waiting for her new teacher to begin. When the Medichan began to speak, Suki opened her eyes, levelling her full attention on the Grandmaster.

"Though eyes are wide shut, the inner eye carefully monitors anything and everything around it: It perceives all. With a calmed spirit, the mind has nothing to weigh it down or distract it. The ears become open to the beauty of sound an your eyes awaken to the eternal sight of our world. Our hearts are still, and our mind unclouded. We of Spirit bring peace through our balance and wisdom. Our intelligence and wisdom are eternal, and we are the ones who guide the way for our brethren Ninja. Physical we are not, but in mind, we are unbeaten.

Suki gently smiled as she listened, understanding that this path and the outcome from mastering the path was exactly what she was looking for. With this path, she could reach the mental fortitude she would need to one day 'see' and control a whole forest and someday achieve an evolution to give her the ability to do just that.

Skyler was genuinely impressed when Grandmaster Ironclaw showcased his strength... and to be honest, he somewhat envied that strength. If only he had that kind of strength earlier, he wouldn't have had to deal with humiliation of losing to a swarm of Beedrill, and then again to a Honchkrow that he barely saw coming. Then again, that's why he chose the Path of Might to begin with; so he could forget about all that and find inner peace.

Although Skyler tried to keep an ear out on Grandmaster Ironclaw's lecture, his eyes were being attentive elsewhere; more specifically, he was observing the other students. However, every time he shifted his head, he'd always look at this Absol between transitioning which Pokemon he'd look at next, and now that he thought about it, he couldn't help but wonder what exactly the Absol was up to. Skyler didn't know why he was having such thoughts about the Absol in particular. Perhaps he was paranoid about it having coincidentally chosen the same path as him for unknown reasons, or perhaps he was just trying to figure this specific Pokemon out.

But in any case, perhaps Skyler was being wary of the wrong Pokemon, as evident when a Zangoose called Tauros crap on Grandmaster Ironclaw's lecture, and without a second thought by the sounds of it. In response to that, Skyler aggressively took off into the air from where he was standing, only to land in between the Grandmaster and the student Pokemon in question, with his back to the Grandmaster.

"And just what in Yveltal's name is wrong with you?" Skyler asked the Zangoose spitefully, "Even I know not to defy the Grandmaster's teachings like that!"

Akua landed with a roll and jump as she jumped in to the thick treetops littered with vines. Akuas movements slackened and were much more tense as she twists and turns running along the branches of the Western Deep. The bells had stopped ringing  and she was sure she was in for a stern scolding by Master tempest for her tardiness. Akua increased her speed not wanting that to come to fruition, but this came at a price. with a misstep and a brilliant display of her inexperience she slips and plummets to the ground. Akua is shocked by her fall but manages to stop her descent with one of her tails wrapped around the last branch of a tree. The literal last branch just before what would be considered even by Pokemon standards, a nasty fall.

Akua using her other tail rights herself and climbs to the top of the tree and sees shes not to far off but just hopes its not to late to make it in time. With another burst of speed she dashes across the top branches of the trees and in no time is near the tower. With somewhat swift movements Akua makes her way down the tree noting Master Tempest's class already starting.

Slowly composing herself Akua tries to slip in to the group of initiates. Doing so in such a manor like a crab walk. Suddenly a remaining drop of water that was on her tail drops off from the tip of one tail. With a swift movement she grabs up the droplet letting the water absorb into her fur before it falls. Suddenly another drop from her second tail hits the floor the sound mostly insignificant but she knew Master Tempest would hear it. "Ahh crapbaskets" Akua laments to her self.

Nobou & Vash

"And just what in Yveltal's name is wrong with you? Even I know not to defy the Grandmaster's teachings like that!"

This pushed the Zangoose over the edge just a bit. His eyes narrowed at Skylar as he raised his claw a bit. "I came here to learn how to gain even more strength than I have now, AND to use it to payback those damn Seviper. Nothing more...nothing less!" he said, before eyeing the Meowth once again. "And what's even worse...is the only THREATENING and one that might be able to teach me this stuff is that Dragonite...and yet we're stuck here with this Meowth!"

Vash listened to this, as he looked in Nobou's direction, before clearing his throat. "You don't know most of his skills though. I mean...looks are usually deceiving...right?" he asked, only to have Nobou glare at him, flipping him the Tailow as he turned his attention back to Skylar and the Meowth Grandmaster.

To the disturbed onlookers, no one had even noticed that Grandmaster Ironclaw had vanished until it was by far too late. Ironclaw slid behind Nobou in an instant, and with a swift paw he made a quick jab at Nobou's neckline. The Zangoose's body seized it in seconds and collapsed to the ground like a statue. Ironclaw dusted his hands off lightly as he glared at Skyler and Vash. "I appreciate the sentiment, however, when anger takes over the mind is open to no one" he said as he turned his gaze to Nobou.

Ironclaw's face was a complete mask as he walked around the Zangoose once, twice, three times. His eyes closed windows to his thoughts as he began to carefully consider the situation. "I am beginning to doubt your sincerity Nobou. If you see our Order has nothing more than a means to satisfy your own need for revenge, then it is already made abundantly clear that your place is not with us" he preached as he withdrew a Cheri berry from one of his pockets.

Moving Nobou's head skyward, he held the berry over his mouth and squeezed, the juice dripping into Nobou's mouth and curing his paralysis instantly. "You are dismissed from this lesson, so you may go do your own thing, as is clearly your intent. When you see fit to calm yourself, you may return so we can continue, as I have no need for brutes in my class" he added imperiously, the class slowly moving away from the unparalyzed Zangoose.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Grandmaster Stillwater sat down before her class. "Today, I feel is a slow day class. As such, we shall meditate to clear our minds. Please, find a comfortable place to sit, and relax. Stress is such a mental pollutant after all" she said serenely. 

The class nearly rushed to find their own place, and they sat and relaxed, to the best of their youthful ability. "When we of the Mind meditate, we must work harder than any other Path. To be in perfect harmony with our bodies our minds must be clear and still, like a mountain spring. I will not expect you to master such a thing immediately, but I will ask you to practise meditation when ever you feel it to be possible. Drown out the voices and thoughts in your head. And try to think of a gentle breeze atop a mighty hill. None around for miles, but a blessed calm will always keep you company."

Grandmaster Tempest was serene above the water, though the sound of a certain drip was heard by her... ears? "Ah my dear Akua, you weren't so great on stealth were you?" she mused, the class noticing an extra had joined their midst. 

"I'm sure it won't happen again, given the circumstances" she adding, skilfully avoiding a barrage of excuses.

The Starmie circled around on the water. "As is normal for all Paths, we shall begin with a few moments of meditation, to clear our minds. Find a comfortable spot, and clear your mind of worries, and stress, and distractions. Let your mind be as still as gentle lake, and not as turbulent as the stormy sea. Let your minds still, so we may become one with water" she said soothingly.

"Think about a beautiful lake during summer. It's crystalline waters gently swaying in a light breeze as if your youth was eternal. Think about the boundless depths of this lake, and think about what it would mean to be this majestic lake. Think about the very ebb and flow of your watery form. Be the lake, and become water itself."

Grandmaster Manni stared carefully at Genesis for an uncomfortable amount of time, before his form shifted in a brief glint of light. Before the class stood an exact replica of Genesis. Manni strode forth, emulating Genesis' walk as he circled around her carefully. He stopped in front of her, their eyes locked as each stared into the depths of the other. "I think we shall begin with some meditation, as to soothe the savage beast that lurks within... us all" he decided, trying to hide the obvious fact who he was referring to.

Using his new Eevee legs, he leapt forward, sitting plain with eyes closed. "Let the stillness of the Tower guide your way to stillness. A distracted mind will never learn. Feel the energy from the tower giving you strength, feel its age and its wisdom as if it were your spirit guide. Feel it unleashing the true power within us all, as your heart and mind become one."

Grandmaster Plume was gladly sitting by the fire, as his class waited to hear more. His long sigh let out a stream of smoke that coiled itself around into the shape of a little sprite that danced amongst the group until it dissipated. "Before we shall begin, let us meditate. Your eager young minds are surely already grinding away thought of what you will do as masters of fire. But for now, let us think more of emptying it, which is a funny thing to say. Come sit by the fire, and let it be your guide to mental peace. Feel the gentle flame, and feel the energy it gives off. Become like the glowing embers, spry and hot. Yet still and wise. A raging inferno is a maelstrom, an everflowing wave of energy. Feel yourselves tame the maelstrom in your heart, and take command of the flame. Take commands of fire, and show it is you that rules it."

Alexander could not help but wince as he noticed the Zangoose drop paralyzed to the ground, the hair on the back of his neck instinctively raising as he remembered a very similar thing happening to him during his own encounter with the Grandmaster.  Of course the comment about not needing brutes in the class struck him rather deeply, not that he let that be known.  For the time being, he turned his attention away from Nobou and back towards Ironclaw as he and the rest of the class waited for the lesson to begin.  After all they'd wasted enough time on not taking the first steps down the path of might, at least that was how it seemed to the Absol.  Still, he was content to continue waiting for now... at least so long as there wasn't another lecture and he wasn't bothered by the other students, there was a reason he'd chosen to stand apart from the rest of the group.

Nobou & Vash

Nobou couldn't believe what hit him...as he could only see the sky and treeline above, as he slowly sat up, seeing Ironclaw and the class walk away. How could...a Meowth like that do something to him. He just watched the group walking away, as he laid back on on the ground, slamming a fist onto the ground. Damn it...now what the hell am I supposed to do?

Vash watched the entire thing, as he saw the others along with the Grandmaster walking away. He was planning to walk with them, but he sighed as he returned back towards Nobou and held out a paw. "Hey...need help?" he asked, as he saw Nobou look strangely at the Riolu's paw. The Zangoose pushed Vash's paw back and slowly stood up. "I don't need your help...I just..."

"I'm just trying to help you out. Since it seems you really are serious about learning this path." Vash simply said, as he slowly backed away. "We all have reasons, some might not be as pure as others, but their reasons nonetheless."

Nobou spoke not one word, as he watched Vash and the others leave. He sighed some as he held the claw around his neck, before slowly walking behind the others again.

Ironclaw's finely tuned hearing picked up snippets of what Nobou was saying, and a heavy feeling sank his heart. What a troubled boy he was, very troubled indeed. Those who refuse to open their hearts will never become a true Grandmaster, especially not by how hair-trigger his own temper is. Plus there's the very obvious impatience. He'll certainly need to let the past go if he truly wishes to survive. "Before we begin channelling our energies, I can tell we're a bit pent up. So to clear our heads, we shall enjoy a few moments meditation" he declared.

As the students sat down, they closed their eyes rather forcefully. Well, the first year initiates in any case. "Meditation is key in unlocking our inner energies. A heavy heart and a heavy mind block the flow, so we cannot bring out our true strength. That is why I wish for you all to think upon a memory. One that makes you feel, hmm, not happy. Happiness is a blessing yes, but it can lead to more ignoble feelings. Think about why it is that you have joined our Order, and more importantly, why it is you have chosen the path of defending the peace through resilience. Find your reason, and center your heart and mind around it" he said soothingly as he gracefully moved through the group until.

His movements were unusually fluid, even for a ninja. He danced inbetween the Onix and a Machop, his mind set upon one thing: Confronting the Zangoose. "Nobou, we know about the events in Aspear Town. We know perfectly well why you are here. I'm merely saying this for your own benefit, but following your route will only lead to more anger and heartache. The more you think about it, the more it will destroy you. Nothing truly good has ever come from revenge, we Grandmasters know this personally. Though we could have hunted down Grandmaster Mobius, we chose not to. Because that is not our way, and, it shouldn't be yours either. Ours is the decision of self-sacrifice. And unless you are prepared to accept that burden, we can't do much else for you" Ironclaw expressed sadly, before doing a 180o turn. "Think about what you really want to do with your life" he added as an aside.

His long feet walked him back off to the students, leaving the Zangoose and the Riolu in the dust.

------------------------------------------

Supreme Grandmaster Hanzo was observing the classes from atop the Golden Tower. His tantrum long since abated, he silently observed Grandmaster Ironclaw. It brought a slight smile to Hanzo's face to see an uppity student get hit by the Pokejutsu Art of the Stun Paw. At least once a year a student needs to get hit by it, and somehow, it never stopped being funny. Which is sad, since humour was the only solace Hanzo still had. The many scrolls that had been spreading across the various outposts had gone quiet recently, and it was quite unnerving to know why they had gone silent. Hanzo feared that it was because they didn't have any respect for him as Supreme Grandmaster. But, as he rationalized, how could they have respect for him when, honestly, he didn't have much respect for his position either.

Suki

Listening to her teacher's wise words, the Phantump chose to drift up in the room to find a spot to meditate. Below her, the other students of the class rushed around, trying to find spots to sit so they could meditate as they did. With everyone settled down, Suki allowed herself to remove her focus from the world around her, drifting off into the beginnings of the meditation they were doing. Blocking out all other thoughts, much as she did while concentrating on a specific idea or problem, the living piece of deadwood brought to the forefront of her mind an image of a large hill. Viewing it in her mind's eye, the little ghost concentrated on the world she'd created, adding a gentle breeze in and creating a vast forest of trees to surround the hill before just relaxing on the hill, and enjoying the calm of the place.

Ayano

Near the fire pit, the two-tailed Vulpix was having a lot more trouble calming down enough to try and meditate. Enjoying the feel and appearance of the flame might be something she could do, but even then she was more interested in watching the dancing flames than trying to actually control them. She wasn't sure just what the maelstrom in her heart was supposed to be, but if it was supposed to have something to do with emotions, at least she could try and calm down enough to figure it out. All of a sudden though, her snout twitched, tensing her body before she started to relax again, an event that then repeated itself. The third time it happened, she didn't relax straight away, her face crinkling slightly as she tried to fight off the urge. A couple of sniffles later, and the small Pokemon let out a a cute little "Achoo", the sneeze itself accompanied by a slight burst of flames that flew directly into the pre-existing fire. Finally able to relax once more, the orange-red fox returned her mind to focus entirely on the flames in front of her, watching it as she continued to try and achieve some semblance of meditation.

"Meditation is key in unlocking our inner energies. A heavy heart and a heavy mind block the flow, so we cannot bring out our true strength. That is why I wish for you all to think upon a memory. One that makes you feel, hmm, not happy. Happiness is a blessing yes, but it can lead to more ignoble feelings. Think about why it is that you have joined our Order, and more importantly, why it is you have chosen the path of defending the peace through resilience. Find your reason, and center your heart and mind around it" the Grandmaster's words resonated in the Absol's mind as he sat, still apart from the rest of the class, where they had ultimately ended their walk away from the spot their Zangoose...companion had been felled by Ironclaw's blow.  A long sigh escaped his lips as he let his eyes drift shut with the intention of doing as his teacher had told, finding a memory that would help him focus on why he'd come here.

First and foremost in his mind was the day the Meowth had shown him mercy when it would have been easier, and less trouble in the long run, to kill him on the road side.  Was that really why he'd come here?  Out of some sense of servitude or supplicance to the one who had defeated him?  He could not accept that, and so he turned his mind's eye deeper.  As he examined his past, every last instance of violence he had ever been involved in came rushing to the forefront.  Those he had terrorized, kidnapped, stolen from, beaten, and slain all stared him in the face through the veil of time.  Still, he could not accept that he had come for no reason other than to become more able to do those criminal things.  He had to go deeper.

The effect of diving into his next set of memories was quite obvious from the outside, as he began to tremble with barely contained rage when the memories from that earliest part of his life came rushing back to him.  Pushed away by the very communities he'd tried to help so many times, run off and beaten by those he'd tried to protect, forced to make do with little more than the scraps left by those that kept him away from where he could have retrieve food.  He felt like he was going to literally boil away in rage, destroying anything and everything around him simply because it was there and would act as a stand-in for those he'd been mistreated by!

And then, an errant thought brought him back to the very reason he'd gone to those groups of both Humans and Pokémon in the past, his kind's inherent ability to sense when disaster was about to strike.  His anger subsided, a sigh escaping from his lips as he once more took up a calm appearance to those looking on and found what he should rightly be focusing on.  Of course that rage was still there, and he suspected it always would be, but at least for the moment he could avoid it.

Archived