I'M TIRED OF NOOBS!!!

Aximil

should we make a thread just for the noobs of this forum?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. should we make a thread just for the noobs of this forum?

• yes
    • no

look why dont we calm down and just make a new section to kind of train them every one who votes for this on this thread could help train them what do you say!?!?!?

EDIT:why dont we do this ive got people spamming in my shop my contest my everything.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fat chance it will happen. Another new area in the forum means more space to be required on the server.

And people that are new, you can't stop them. Giving them neg reps will not make them stop being n00bs or stop them spamming the forum. You can hardly give them a test on registration by asking them several questions about how they would react, etc, etc.

Well if you separate the noobs from the other members its not a good idea. Because what if some new guy/girl makes good cards but needs to post them in a noob section where nobody looks? or when noobs need advice on OCG but if the post in the noob section they will never get proper advice, so then you will get members with bad OCG after a while =/.

why cant we make it so that after a certain amount of neg reps they cant post' date='but they can PM a moderator to get rid of 1 of their reps so that they will have another chance? then if they improve,we can just get rid of their reps

[/quote']

That is something I can agree on. It would certainly take care of alot of neg rep-people. But then when they make the mistake another time, I'd say ban them temporarly or something and when they do it again, ban them permanently, IP if nessecary.

why cant we make it so that after a certain amount of neg reps they cant post' date='but they can PM a moderator to get rid of 1 of their reps so that they will have another chance? then if they improve,we can just get rid of their reps

[/quote']

That sounds fine but if you exdently did something wrong or a noob or something neg repped you for some dumb reason, then you arn't allowed to to post in the normal section so that idea got some flaws.

[/quote']

This makes my top ten list of the dumbest ideas I have ever read.

Do you realise how many reps DO NOT give an accurate representation of anything? Look at "azndude345", for example. He has made ONLY one post, and not logged in for 14 months, yet 11 days ago he was negged rep by some idiot for no apparent reason. Should he be not allowed to post for this? Sure, he hasn't logged in anyway, but if his rep represents him so much why should he be excempt from posting?

Top that off, show me a code that actually works like that, you find one, and I'll give you all my points.

[/quote']

This makes my top ten list of the dumbest ideas I have ever read.

Do you realise how many reps DO NOT give an accurate representation of anything? Look at "azndude345", for example. He has made ONLY one post, and not logged in for 14 months, yet 11 days ago he was negged rep by some idiot for no apparent reason. Should he be not allowed to post for this? Sure, he hasn't logged in anyway, but if his rep represents him so much why should he be excempt from posting?

Top that off, show me a code that actually works like that, you find one, and I'll give you all my points.

i wouldnt know any code like that,i know nothing of programming

and -1 rep isnt what i meant as being to many negs...i meant -10 or something like that...besides,it is up to YCMaker to decide whether or not its a good idea...last i knew HE is the head honcho of this forum,not you

[/quote']

That is why we have administrators and moderators for the boards. They should be keeping an eye on user activity, deleting old accounts that haven't been accessed in over 6 months, deleting useless threads and locked topics to save server space, and making sure rules and regulations are followed.

There doesn't need to be a special filter as long as the mods and the admins are doing what they need to do, so the members can do what they like to do; post.

As far as a thread for just noobs...

If they bother you so much, maybe you should take them under your wing and teach them some stuff so they aren't so noob-ish. Nothing is worse than a member who complains about noobs, and does nothing to fix the problem other than complain more, and for that reason, you should join in your imaginary noob thread.

Guest JoshIcy

[/quote']

That is why we have administrators and moderators for the boards. They should be keeping an eye on user activity, deleting old accounts that haven't been accessed in over 6 months, deleting useless threads and locked topics to save server space, and making sure rules and regulations are followed.

There doesn't need to be a special filter as long as the mods and the admins are doing what they need to do, so the members can do what they like to do; post.

As far as a thread for just noobs...

If they bother you so much, maybe you should take them under your wing and teach them some stuff so they aren't so noob-ish. Nothing is worse than a member who complains about noobs, and does nothing to fix the problem other than complain more, and for that reason, you should join in your imaginary noob thread.

ive been from time to time, helping out "noobs" or the better term, newbs.... but as aximil saw in a thread, sometimes you just get fed up and look at a crappy card and go aiy kudia....

some people i wonder if they've played yugioh beyond the yugi starter deck... and thats what im tired of about the noobs.... the fact that some have over 200posts and havent shown any signs of improvement....

the best you can do is help them, ignore them or just deal with it as they are..... btw, mouthing off FRUNK? disrespectful....

Archived