[Season 2] YCM SOTW #12 - Fear

Night

Which piece do you think is the best?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which piece do you think is the best?

Nw_YCMSOTWs2b.png

1. VynSwj7.png

2. wut.gif

3. R8U79SN.png

4. USQc0Yp.png

5. qE8uwQZ.png

6. 2n8sd3p.png

Winner gets a spot in the sotw hall of fame, an award (as soon as I find the .psd) and bragging rights. 

Voting rules:

• Anyone can vote, you don't need any graphic design knowledge to do so, critique and analysis is appreciated but not a must, comments of any sort are favorable.

• If you've submitted a piece you may not vote for it, voting for others however is encouraged.

• Bribing or informing others of which submission is yours is not permitted and if found doing so, you will be banned from the graphic competitions section.

Voting ends 8/23/14 at 11:59PM EST. Whoever has the most votes at that point wins. 

Less than normal, but I guess a tricky theme. Animated tags! I mean, irritatingly, the animation is nothing more than distracting. Both the standard tag, and the black-and-red duotone version are cool, but the cheesy dripping blood puts me off that one.

#5 has pretty good composition, nice and circular, but #4's the one that's popping out at me. Good use of negative space, also cartoonish, the lighting's minimalistic and stark.

This might be quite harsh but these are the worst submissions I've seen so far. Sorry.

#1 has the best overall arsthetic but I really see no need for the text.

If these tags where just experiments then good, but if these tags are serious... Then something probably went wrong. If you guys want a detailed cnc post it in showcase later on.

I vote for #4

#1 was a close second.

#2 looks good but personally the animation and pink color ruined it for me. Perhaps it would have had an stronger impact if was red colored like real blood.

By the way, I want to thank to whoever it may concern for choosing one of the themes I suggested for this SOTW.

1) Is really pretty cool, got nice colours very interesting tones. Like the style as well-has a very nice story to it.

2) At first you are like, woah! a gif very interesting, but the gif is sloppy and the colour changing is cheap. The effects are just too forced and it really doesn't interest me at all.

3) Same rehashed spam of c4ds and hoping that things are okay, need to improve, vary up a bit do something different that isn't boring.

4) Very rarely does this kind of style work, having the black and white "pop out" feel but god damn this is pulled off extremely well, my only complaint is that the lamp just kind of sits there (I assume it is a lamp anyway) I actually think some particles of dust from the light would look really cool.

5) Has a nice feel of the kind of "liquid" munch like the character in the sig, it's a good tag but the rest of the pieces here are better.

6) I kind of see what you were going for however it's just not pulled off that well. There is no focal point really it's just kind of there,

4 gmv

Archived