Ludum de Morte

(GigaDrillBreaker)

Crow was about to correct the girl on his name, when he though of something. Kuro... it sounded better, it was hard to explain. The word had meant Black... for his attire choices his psychologist gave him Crow. Crow made him think of an Omen... he never did like it as much. So he thought he would make himself accustom to the name. Then the boy was asked something. Crow was surprised when Yuu wanted to pair. ~Wow for once you did something right~ "S-Sure... Yuu-San... sorry... I hope you didn't mind that I had called you your name with out a suffix before." He had scanned the boy earlier, Crow knew he was going w/ the intent to bloat... but he thought what Yuu was saying before was interesting.

The percentages weren't as made up as they expected. Being able to evaluate like that was a skill Crow did not have much of. He appeared to be loose... Crow wondered if Yuu had any thoughts of how to survive. He had too, being so calm. The two girls had left... It was time they had left to. They were going up and down the halls. Perhaps checking in the opening was the best way... but would Yuu shoot it down? He noticed that many shot down his idea for giving away the Bullets. Oh well... the chances of the person having the gun were lower now... that's what mattered.

"We should get going Yuu-san... The earlier the better!" Crow began to go towards the door... it caught his eye. A false piece of carpet. A little square... it was new while every thing around it was worn down. Should he tell the others? They had shot down his previous idea. He decided to wait for Yuu to catch up. Crow would tell him...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aaron raised a curious eyebrow at Naoko's rather sudden departure.

Could it be . . . Hmph. Even if I'm right, not a whole hell of a lot I can do about it now, is there?

He gave Mamoru a wry grin. "Apparently it shall be you and I together. Ready to check the second floor?" He held his knife in a classic defensive stance. "Because I am. If I know what I'm talking about- and I am quite sure I do- we just need to sever our kidnapper's connection to the house. If they're here personally, then we can get all eight of us to bear down on them. We're getting set free."

Despite the conviction he outwardly displayed, Aaron had his mind on a half-dozen contingency plans, including one to fight back if his partner in this tried to kill him. Here's a second- sweep low, get a good deep gash, and flee. Even if it's not fatal, I'll buy enough time to escape.

Yuu laughed mildly, as the maiden girl called his percentages made up: "Of course are there unknown factors, but you can replace them with Approximate values, based on what you think the future might show. You are right, they aren't entirely right, but the best thing I can come up with for the moment, I admit."

With those words, he got up and, not before taking another toast from the breakfast plate, joined Crow on his way out. "I don't care about names that much. They are just titles given to us by people that didn't even know us at that moment. For me, you can call me any way you want, I don't care." Just then, he saw that his partner seemed to have found something, but the fact that he didn't say it out loud, it must either be something very important or something fascinating but unimportant.

"So," he said with a lower voice, "Tell me about your discovery. I'm curious."

Mamorou looked up shocked at the young foreign boy standing in front of him. 

"O-ok... Ok, then" the young brown haired boy said slowly standing up, leaving his breakfast untouched. Once the pair had exited the room and were out of earshot from the others the smaller boy locked eyes with Thomas.

"I don't care how nice you act, I don't want to die," Mamoru said trying to give a menacing, though it was quite obvious his voice was quivering, "I want you to stay 5 steps in front of me. I don't know who your target is, and even if you tell me it's one of the others I still won't believe you. We both know you can easily overpower me if I attack you, and even if I do have the gun I didn't get any bullets. So I ask that you agree to my terms."

While waiting for Thomas' answer Mamoru backed away slightly making sure he had enough room to run away just in case the boy attempted to lunge at him.

Aaron grinned, then began to chuckle softly. "You don't need to act tough, you know. This is a legitimately bad situation. I doubt anyone would think less of you if you openly admitted your fears."

He smiled and turned away, his massive knife held ahead of him. "You needn't worry in any case. I agree to your terms. In good faith, I'll reveal my 'target'- Yuu."

He quickly bolted down the hall, a serious expression on his face- internally, however, Aaron was desperately trying not to laugh. He simply could not believe how quickly things had turned around. People are people regardless of where they're from, and Aaron was again stupid by how superficial and simple people were.

Idly, Aaron formed another plan to kill Yuu. We're it necessary, Aaron was now prepared for seventy-eight different contingencies.

Velia also shot a cold gaze at Aaron before letting Naoko pulled her out of the room. The girls walked silently as Naoko seemed to not in the mood to talk and Velia herself looked around to remember the details of the place. After minutes have passed with nothing particular happened and the path to the halls remain still no matter how she look at it, Velia turned her attention back to her friend and decided to break this awkward and depressing silent. She deeply breathed, and asked "Uh, Naoko, Are you.. OK?" with a voice that shows full of her concern. She hoped that a little and naturally chatting she came up with could cheers her friend up.

This was bad. Naoko couldn't deal with this. She had been working to make sure that nobody killed anybody else, and suddenly, she felt as if she might commit such an act. She was practically dragging Velia with her, and she then realized that her treatment of her friend may not have been fair. She probably thinks that I am trying to separate her from the others to kill her... Naoko buckled over, leaning down with her hands on her bent knees, feeling as if she was about to vomit.

"Uh, Naoko, Are you.. OK?"

The voice sounded very concerned about her well-being, and Naoko felt herself asking herself the very same question as she pulled her phone out of her pocket, pulling up the message. Focusing on the name, she spoke it aloud for the first time "Aaron" Feeling the tears begin to fall again, she turned the screen of her phone to Velia, her voice escaping in gasps, "It is him! He is the one I am supposed to kill! They want me to end his life! To stop him from fulfilling any of his dreams! What do I do, Velia? I don't know what to do!" Clutching the phone tightly in her hand, she was about to throw it a the wall, before, pausing, and stuffing it back into her dress pocket. Turning to face away from the wall, she collapsed back against it, sliding down until she sat on the floor, leaning against the wall with her knees at her chin. "Do... do I kill him..?"

Velia was, for a moment, stunned by her friend's words, but soon enough she sat down next to Naoko and began to talk warmly and gently. "You know, I don't want anyone here to die. We are strangers until this morning, but now we're all in the same boat, so I wished from my heart that all of us could get away from this house, being friend outside and spend our time together." Tears began to fall, yet she smiled as she finished that line and patted Naoko's shoulder. However, her tone of voice complete changed when she continued "But, unfortunately, I don't think that'd be possible, at least not with that guy around. In case you don't know, he have killed people many times before. And before you asking, no, we don't know each other, but I lived with... that sort of people long enough to identify them, and judging from what we've seen, this guy's... insane, more insane than any people I've met. I'm pretty sure that he's going to kill that Yuu as soon as he has an opportunity. I don't know what'll happen once he managed to.. kill.. his target, perhaps he'll be suddenly released, or perhaps he'll continue this game with some minor target shift. In either case "Stop him from fulfilling any of his dreams" like you said is arguably saving another life, be it our life or the life of outside people, and if I really have to choose who to live, I should pick someone who will be the next Einstein than, who knows, Jack the Ripper, right?"

Jokingly said the last line, Velia quickly blinked her eyes to get rid of her own tears as she stood up, reached her hand out to Naoko and warmly smiled before saying. "I think the best answer to your question before is 'Do whatever you want'. Just remember, if you need any help, I'm always by your side."

Archived