Horror Anime

Peridank

I'm going to second Another. That actually did a good job at creeping me out compared to other anime (in terms of horror creepiness, not anime being...anime). Short and sweet (or should I say sour?)

Future Diary was another good one. Some people feel execution's iffy, but I'd say it entertains at the least.

And lastly, Parasyte is great so far, and it's only aired 3 episodes so far. 

Gotta say, Corpse Party was interesting. But I guess I haven't watched that many horror shows.

Another also comes to mind:

Another%20umbrella%20death.png

You'll never look at a staircase and at an umbrella the same way again after watching Another.

I third this.

And yeah this anime made me stop carrying pointy umbrellas. Also the nurse's death was the saddest imo. White part is a spoiler, so if you don't want to be spoiled don't look.

• 3 weeks later...

I second Shiki and fourth Another. Both are pretty awesome.

[spoiler=Also, to confirm Shiki can actually be scary]Shiki.png[/spoiler]

I dunno about anyone else, but that part gave me nightmares.

Also, I'm not sure whether or not to consider Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni as "horror"...but there were parts that gave me chills.

But I thought Another was a romantic comedy.

I laughed so much in the last few episodes that I thought it was better than some comedies I've seen. ​lol I need to watch better comedies

I'm not going to walk much deeper in the genre if this is among the best it has to offer.

I might try Shiki, but the art style deterred me.

Agro hit the nail on the head, in my opinion.

I'm hoping to run into more. While it's not "scary" per se, the suspense and drama usually compensates for it.

I should ask rod to post my rant to him on Skype about this because the effort it would take to try to use the computer I Skype on would be a pain in the ass.

The drama and suspense need to be logical for me. I mean, I know humans are largely illogical creatures but I don't know how that is fun/enjoyable to watch. Watching someone make the stupidest moves or not explaining crucial parts of things until you find it convenient…(as in, the characters)…yuck.

Not to mention…

OH POWER GOES OUT
OH THIS BLOWS UP

OH THIS DIES

ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC

If they would actually do deaths…with some good suspense or so suddenly it catches you off guard, I'd like it more.

Or maybe kill characters you didn't think would die.

EDIT: Fuck spellcheck.

Adding to what Rod said about Another: dolls and elevators as well.

Also glass eyes and the color of death. That may have been the freakiest part of it for me- the fact that misaki could see that Death had a color. it weirded me out. But I loved Another. Hellsing I don't find scary. But it is definitely kickass to the core. I've got volume 1-4 on DVD and I absolutely love it. The story is awesome, and the action is intense as hell. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived