X-Over Academy (Drac's Version) [Signups & OOC]

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds good.

Ketodama makes a Summoner, Veirus gets paired up with him/her.

By the by, there are several magically proficient Professors, and they all have deliberately overpowered Familiars. It's kind of a deterrent from acting out of line.

Of course, there are events written for those few that can somehow overcome them . . .

[spoiler=Summoner]

Name: William "Will" Blackmoore

[spoiler=Appearance]

1365994742661.png
Ignore the pointy ears.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality]

An intense young man, Will seeks to become the greatest mage that the world has ever known.  He pursues this goal with every ounce of his strength at nearly all times, replacing those times when others would relax with constant practice to improve his mana control.  Furthermore, he recognizes that knowledge is the most important form of power that a mage can possess and thus he seeks this out relentlessly with little care as to what source this knowledge springs from.  None of this means that Will is stupid, quite the opposite really, just that his primary goal is the growth of his own power with little thought for the consequences as relating to others.  As a result, he tends to not have friends out of a mutual agreement between himself and any that would seek to befriend him that doing so would only be stressful and bothersome for all those involved.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Backstory]

Born the son of the renowned inventor and mechanist Johnathon Blackmoore, Will had the unfortunate issue of growing up in his father's shadow.  For a while, the boy delighted in the mechanical masterpieces his father created, but eventually he realized that he would never be able to live up to the legacy that could well be thrust upon him.  Thus he began searching for a solution to this problem, and in the process discovered an ability to cast spells that he had never suspected before.  Bringing this up to his father, the two of them ultimately agreed that it would be a good idea for Will to study magic and learn to command his powers as best as he could.  After several years of studying independently, the young man received an invitation to study at the Academy in the Air, and was overjoyed by that turn of events.  He packed his bags, gathered his belongings, and made his way off towards the nearest air skimmer station.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Equipment]

Battle Staff:  A rod of Orian Wood stretching about as long as Will is tall, this staff serves as his focus for the purposes of casting magic.  Additionally, each end of the staff has been overlaid with heavy studded steel plates attached firmly to the wood to allow for the implement's use as a weapon.  The steel has been specially prepared with arcane runes inscribed upon it to prevent interference with casting spells.

Studded Leather Gauntlets:  Exactly as the name suggests, these are gauntlets formed of hardened leather and inset with steel studs to grant them greater protective ability.  This pair specifically bears particularly large studs over the knuckles, allowing their wearer to punch with greater force if the need arises.

Clothing:  It was his father's idea that he dress in fine clothing while studying as a mage, and it was his own to ensure that what he wore was functional.  It might look a bit restrictive for the young man, but it actually allows him a great deal of freedom of motion.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Spells]

Ward:  A translucent barrier formed of what seems to be blue-white light, this spell provides protection from harm.  It is capable of deflecting spells weaker than itself, absorbing spells of equal strength, and reducing the impact of spells greater than itself.

Bolt:  An offensive technique, this spell fires a seething dark mass towards a target at roughly the speed of a bullet.  It impacts with force relative to the amount of mana used in casting it, and explodes to deal damage over a small area.

Doombolt:  An evolution of the Bolt technique, this spell rapidly fires a number of Bolts in a target direction.  Though it is somewhat more difficult to aim them accurately, this is still a fine spell for dealing with large groups of enemies.

Mage Armor:  Similar to Ward, this spell creates a suit of translucent blue-white armor over the caster and provides protection from physical attacks and some magic attacks.  The armor may be damaged, and may be repaired if the caster takes a moment to put more mana into it.

Force:  A technique that makes weapons glow with arcane power, this ability increases the force with which an affected weapon strikes by a truly significant amount.  This extra force can be mitigated by magical defenses.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

And here's a caster.

Because of the wide variety of abilities, and the potential abuse for many of them, perhaps a considerable amount of drain to her stamina between spells. Also, we will not have anyone leaving this universe, not even to "rebirth". That simply screams abuse potential.

So, if it's fine with you, I'm removing Rebirthing, and I ask that you have a stamina drain most of the time (I saw snap casting).

Added Stamina Drains, However, I'd like to ask for a Nerf about Rebirthing instead... How about it only works in her "Home World", rather than Anywhere? Since it seems to be the Nature of Erinn itself, granting Ressurective Immortality to outsiders, rather than An Actual Ability possessed by her race (In the case, the Milliteans).

The thing is, unless I'm way off on my plot notes, there is no real opportunity to leave the Academy's universe, especially considering the fact that there is a clause that, unless the Familiar is made to overcome it with one of a few highly specific spells, they can't travel more than ten miles away from their Summoner.

Perhaps have it require a lengthy meditative trance to connect with Erinn?

Hmm.
Tell you what. Retool it, give me some numbers, and you can enter temporarily without it. Once it's taped down and accepted, it'll be edited in, and you can use it from then on.

Follow-up suggestion: make sure that you're forced to return after so much time away, due to something about the Familiar Contract Spell.

Even the Home-plane only restriction still does not stop Plot Hijacking? I find that a bit too funny...

I edited the Time Limit away from the Summoner using the Brionac so that it almost completely runs her out of time if She Rebirths after going to Erinn using it, giving her enough time for Last Minute Preparations before being dragged back

Archived