X-Over Academy (Drac's Version) [Signups & OOC]

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I know that script posting is bad, but what about posting dialogue as if in a book? Like, multiple people talking makes a new line each time the dialogue switches speaker. Been awhile since I've RPd so I don't remember if that's a no no or not.

For some reason in the OP the Black Knight's reference link acts weirdly. It still looks the same as normal but clicking on it goes to http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/wiki/Zelgius, which doesn't actually exist. And I may or may not be adding more spells for Arn, still thinking. Also, I realize in his equipment section when I was talking about his sword, I accidentally used "sheathe" as in the verb, instead of "sheath" the noun. Can you fix that? And also, I don't know if you had planned on doing this or not, but I advise that each RPer have their own spoiler inside of the Accepted Apps spoiler, as well as putting two spoilers inside said spoiler for their Summoner/Familiar, just for the sake of organization and ease of viewing, because right now it's just short of a jumble of text.

All you have to do is link me somewhere that explains WHO THE HELL some of these people are- for example, I never played Fire Emblem, but thanks to the link I get who the Black Knight is.

Holy hell Moderatus needs moderation.

Geddit?

there is 2 things...

It's hard to link to a Player Character in a game that does not have a Player Look-up. and it's pretty hard to explain a particular concept I want to exploit, but isn't in the game (A Custom ability in other words)... I do have a link to the character I want, as it was in the original RP, but I want to add on to her, not only to update her skills, but add a new skill I want to use as well (Which is the aforementioned Custom ability)

O-kaay, have some things to discuss.

First, regarding Moderus- where to begin? Magically-resistant and magic-piercing sword, supreme defense armor, random healing factor scabbard, and a magical knight to boot? I'm sorry, but that is just way too good, even considering how royally bad some of the villains will be (not to mention duels with one another . . .). Tone some of it down- hell, start with the scabbard granting a healing factor into the mix, as it just makes the situation worse on top of not making sense. [I know, I know, "Don't question it too much"- it just bugs me.] Also, my puns are hilarious and you will tank them all.

I found out about the link quickly, and found my own way to the site. I should fix the thing, though.

That's pretty much a given. However, considering many people also have paragraph gaps to separate ideas, I suggest the speech style in this spoiler:

[spoiler=Ideal Post Method]

"I am the Summoner. I'm saying and doing things that impact the plot," the Summoner said arrogantly.

It became apparent, however, that what he was saying and doing was a filler subplot.

---------

"I'm not so sure about that," said the Familiar. "After all, we haven't interacted with any of the main cast in half a page. I think we're side characters."

[/spoiler]

The modification is fine, provided that you point out in the Notes exactly which modifications you made. It's kinda part of why it's there.

I've thought of one last spell I'd like to add to Arn before we begin. It's something completely different from his other two, but I've just been thinking on it awhile and it's something I'd like him to have.

- Far Sight: A sort of scrying spell, it allows Arn to view things a great distance away.

[spoiler=Summoner]
Name: Amber Fulmen
[spoiler=Appearance]

koisVet.jpg?1

As image is sans Jolteon ears.

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 161 lbs

Weight
[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Personality] 

Amber is the free spirited type of person. Someone constantly looking for any source of excitement, whatever the world may bring yet. Due to this sort of youth filled attitude of hers, she's usually quite friendly with others and quite vocal about her opinions towards others. In addition to this, she's cocky when it comes to her own skills, always ready to test her abilities  and willing to take on any sort of challenge that approaches her. [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Backstory]

From the earliest of ages, Amber had some sort of fixation with magic in the world. She had always seen it as something that could do anything, preform any sort of miracle or feat no matter how small or large. And so, she always wanted to try and pursue learning the magic, any kind of magic she possibly could. The only problem was that she had no idea where to start. After finally deciding upon her focus, she started to try and learn as much of that as she could. Wanting to go on a life filled with fun and adventure, she needed to master her magic first, and with only being able to do so much by herself, she went to the only place one could. The Academy in the Air. 

[/spoiler]

Equipment: An Orian wood arm guard. A single iron dagger.
Spells: 
-Lightning Spear: Generates electricity in her hand and just flings a bolt of lightning at them.
-Volt Charge: Can coat a small conductive area with electricity.  
-Magnetic Force: Anything object that she's charged with electricity, she can pull herself towards
Notes:

[/spoiler]

Yes, I have returned with a Vengeance!

[spoiler=Familiar]Name: Veirus
Age: said to be over 3000 years old, Physically, She's 21, but she ages very quickly (As in 1 week = 1 year for her), she can also alter her physical age upon rebirth.
Species: Milletian Elf
Appearance: This can vary heavily upon rebirth, but several things are always constant, such as her Pointy ears, and there are always details that she willfully becomes constant, in this case, She has Hair that radiantly glows black and red with power, and she has red eyes, however, her clothes and her hairstyle vary heavily, right now, she wears Black clothes with red and gold trimming, with a Black Breastplate that frequently glows in the same rhythm as her hair, same with the frills coming out of her sleeves, and her Black boots, Her hair is worn in a wavy style with beads going across her head, and black roses randomly adorning it
Personality: Almost always confident and optimistic, She often hates it when she gets Separated from her favorite clothes. she almost always mischievous and often pulls pranks on other people. She often loves playing with her master, who is almost always busy. She is known to hold a crush on her master as well. Her favorite foods are pretty much anything made with Chicken, and her hobbies involve Infuriating the teachers and playing games, Lately, she's been quirky, but more confident than she's ever been.
Reference Link: Yes, it's in the original X-Over Academy
Equipment: She has a Hermit's Staff, A Cylinder, a Guard Cylinder(Which is a Left handed Cylinder with a shield on it), and 3 belts, [acronym="No Seriously, The Crystals are very small, and she has at least 10,000 of each kind in her belt"]1 that holds Lots of Alchemy Crystals[/acronym], [acronym="It is magical in nature and allows her to keep her ingredients fresh, Even Ice does not melt in there"]1 that holds Ingredients for cooking[/acronym], and [acronym="Yes, She has lots of Purple Rabbit feet"]another that holds Magical Crafting Ingredients[/acronym], She also has a Bag of holding on her shoulder that holds a couple wands, several clothes, a few Dreamcatchers, and the Brionac. 
[spoiler=Powers/Abilities:]
Rebirthing: Veirus has the ability, upon aging the first time in her current form(Which happens every Saturday, so per say Once a Week.), to "Rebirth", which teleports her back to Erinn, this allows her to change her appearance, aside from clothing, She can stay in Erinn after rebirthing until she uses the Brionac to return to the Academy. This only works in her Home Plane, Erinn, and the 2 Sub Planes of Erinn, The Other World, and Falias
The Brionac: Veirus's Spear, known as The Brionac, is a wondrous item. As she is it's protector, it can never leave her possession and can be in her hands when needed. It has the ability to create portals to alternate universes by holding it out and focusing on it for 3 minutes, as long as she has a Stone or a Fragment of a stone whose origins are of that dimension, and lots of Electrical Energy. The portal can bring other people and their Familiars with her, and she can go away in a dimension by herself, But due to the Familiar contract's binding, She can only be away from the Universe her Summoner is in for 10 minutes at the most before the contract forcibly drags her back, However, If she Rebirths any time in Erinn while Traveling alone, This time drops down to 1 minute afterward. Veirus is not strong enough to do much damage with this in any battle, except to other Wondrous items native to Erinn, and it's only real danger, Being able to use it in a spear of Light to completely shatter enemies, was eliminated when she Aligned herself to Morrighan's power instead of Neamhain's, however, this universe blocks the usage of those powers for unknown reasons.
Wildshape: Using one of her Dreamcatchers, She can turn into any creature she has interacted with, and that is quite literally a large number of people and animals, but it takes a special kind of stupidity to not tell her apart from the real thing, because she always has a Black "V" on top of the head of whatever she turns into, and Unlike Most Wildshapes, she can only use her basic physical abilities as her form allows, and she can fly if the form allows her to, and she can turn back, but nothing else.

Icebolt: A Frost spell that creates a Small ball of ice that can be shot at your opponent at high speeds, 5 of them can be Saved up to orbit around Veirus and shot in the manner of a revolver, it drains her Stamina very little, too little to be noticeable
Ice Spear: This Fast-charging Frost Spell fires a Spear of ice, that harmlessly freezes it's victim on impact, which the Ice around the victim Subsequently explodes with the chance of the Freezing spreading to others, can be charged up to 5 times for more potency. Requires her Staff and drains her Stamina considerably with each cast of it, But even more so with a lower charge.
Firebolt: A Fire Spell that creates a Small ball of fire that can be shot at your opponent at high speeds, 5 of them can be Saved up to orbit around Veirus and shot simultaneously, it drains her Stamina very little, too little to be noticeable
Fireball: This Slowly-charging Fire spell can be thrown after being charged 5 times, Dealing insane amounts of damage in a wide area to others and the environment on impact. Requires her Staff Drains her Stamina a moderate amount with each charge, and she must have all 5 charges to throw the Fireball.
Lightning Bolt: A Lightning Spell that creates a Small bolt of lightning that can be shot at your opponent, 5 of them can be Saved up to orbit around Veirus and shot simultaneously at different enemies, it drains her Stamina very little, too little to be noticeable
Thunder: This Slowly-charging Lightning spell, Although Faster than Fireball, shoots Charged Electricity as a Lightning Bolt at multiple enemies, This Electricity stays in the victim's body, Turning them into Living Lightning Rods, often calling freak thunderbolts from above, even on a clear day or even in a building, Up to 5 charges can be used with each charge hitting 3 enemies a charge with a number of Lightning strikes equal to the number of charges, Requires her Staff, and drains her Stamina considerably with each cast of it, But even more so with a lower charge.
Hailstorm: This Ice Spell creates a Snowstorm around her that does not affect anything temperature-wise, the Snowstorm takes some time to create lasts about a few minutes, After the spell is cast to make the Snowstorm, Veirus positions her staff to gather chunks of ice from the snowstorm to hurl at enemies, This spell deals as much, if not more damage than her fireball, but affects a much smaller area, Requires her Staff and drains her Stamina a lot
Snap Cast: Once every few minutes, She can Instantly cast any of the above Spells at full charge without expending any energy.
Shockwave: A Very powerful counterspell, It has a chance, when hit by a Melee attack, to let off a discharge of electricity around her, pushing everyone in the area away from her. The chance of this is based on how much charge this has, and it slowly charges. At 100% Charge, the pushback is guaranteed to happen, and drains her Stamina considerably with each cast of it
Wind Blast: Requires her Cylinder to use, she blasts a huge gust of wind from her Cylinder, simply Throwing back anyone aimed at without any real injury, if aimed at point-blank range, the knockback is much greater. it drains her Stamina very little, too little to be noticeable
Rain Casting: Requires her Cylinder to use. She can Hold the Cylinder(s) up and produce a huge cloud that covers a wide area and lasts for a while, after the cloud is fully formed, it then rains, and then becomes a massive Thunderstorm whose Lightning strikes are surprisingly harmless, but it causes it's victims to spasm, it drains her Stamina a little, but the time it takes to make a cloud
Shock: Requires her Cylinder to use. It charges a target with loads of electrical energy, not harming the target, but shocking any person around it. If she uses this on herself, then holds the Brionac, It becomes charged and she can create a portal using the Brionac. Takes a considerable amount of Stamina, and due to the fact that it also requires Moonbathing in Eweca's Moonlight to build up some of the charge, Her uses of this Alchemical Spell are Limited to 5 times per 30 minutes in Erinn
Summon Golem: Requires her Cylinder to use this, She summons a seemingly harmless pile of huge White rocks.... She can hold still and Concentrate to form it into a particularly fast golem that can easily catch up to a Cheetah, and has powerful attacks, Attacking Veirus returns the golem into a pile of rocks. It takes some Stamina to create the Golem, but it takes none to control it
Barrier Spikes: Requires her Cylinder to use, She can cause a bunch of wooden Spikes to protrude from the ground and form a barrier, it drains her Stamina very little, too little to be noticeable[/b]

Notes: Veirus can also stay in Erinn to Train her abilities, and even gain new Skills in the process. She is also a Master Chef as well[/spoiler]

EDIT: Summoner removed and added changes to adapt to the needs of this RP

I'm . . . not too sure this is a good idea . . .

I have tried to intentionally separate Summoner and Familiar, so that someone can't loop around, pat themselves on the back, and be a beastly combination in plot and combat.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: Maybe we can shuffle them in, Shradow. Is he willing to split them up?

If RPers summoners/familiars are supposed to be in different pairs, since we're early enough into it are Shinki's gonna be switched around with what we've got so far?

Actually, It was meant to be a "Sometime in the future" for the 2 of them, hence Garris's Backstory reflects that (Since Garris and Veirus was actually in the original RP, and this was intended to be a remake)

I'm . . . not too sure this is a good idea . . .

I have tried to intentionally separate Summoner and Familiar, so that someone can't loop around, pat themselves on the back, and be a beastly combination in plot and combat. I dislike the idea of patting myself on the back, so I let the other people do it for me, I also find Veirus to be much more beastly on her own, the only teamwork I can visualize them doing is Garris holding the front line as a 'Tank', while Veirus lobs spells at enemies

What do you guys think?

EDIT: Maybe we can shuffle them in, Shradow. Is he willing to split them up? Due to Backstory reasoning, and the fact that It's been allowed in the original RP, I won't split them unless it's truly needed

Archived