X-Over Academy (Drac's Version) [IC]

Draconus297

Aquinas arrived in his home tower, swaggering in with his rapier drawn. "Engarde, Vicar!"

The German drew his swords. "You won't accomplish anything, Professor. I have become the master."

Aquinas smirked, and the front hall of the North Tower was consumed in combat, with swordplay and spell fire commanding the room. Vicar may have been capable of the rare talent of silent casting, but Aquinas had the edge in every other department- speed, power, magical backup, and especially skill. Aquinas handled his sword as fluidly as a conductor's baton, and never missed a spell deflection.

It took a grand total of seventeen seconds for Vicar to admit defeat, and Aquinas slashed him across the cheek. "Presumptuous brat," he muttered. "This is my hall, and I will have order. Treat the new recruits well, as one of them may defeat you."

Vicar chuckled. "Doubtful, Professor. You may outclass me, but if one of the new recruits could so much as keep up in battle I'd gladly eat a sweat rag."

Aquinas smirked. "So be it. Do any of the new recruits have the gall to battle Vicar the Storm?"

One by one, various students shook their heads. One even added a reply- "If he is skilled enough for a mage title, sir, I'd rather not, as I am fond of my limbs."

---------

Rhoda shook her head. "If you rely primarily on ambient mana, you shall be disappointed here- at this altitude, there is very little of that. An intentional decision on Headmaster Reign's part, as he wanted true talent to be rewarded, not the dumb luck of Gaia's favourites."

Rhoda sighed. "If you insist, however, upon wasting your time, I'm sure that, with your Summoner's permission, you may be admitted into a remedial class."

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Revan listened in silence as the classes were explained. His shadow magic was mainly used for stealth, with his main one used for turning 1 other object into a shadow for as long as he had mana, with larger, heavier and less familiar objects using more than small, light and familiar objects. Though he had only tested on non-living things he was sure that if given the opportunity he could turn even a human into a shadow. In order to get more information on his spells he would need to go back to the library and get the book he learned from, the only problem was that he wasn't welcome in that library after he stole the book. After mulling it over for a while Revan started to walk towards the North Tower, "All I need to do is learn if I could use the spell on myself and I can get the book easily, though I first need to find out if I can turn other living things into my shadow."

Veirus Scoffed at Rhoda when she said that she'd be disappointed about the lack of ambient mana, which then Veirus Retorted "I'm forced to prove you wrong with this then... Láithreach!" and immediately as Veirus incanted that, Veirus could feel the Ambient mana in the air around her, especially the hard to draw pieces found in the very wind of this world that seemed to be harder to detect, start to move and clump towards her, orbiting around her like a ring, The Mana ring itself started to glow blue, as it started to clump more and more, with Veirus saying "You see, Mana is truly everywhere, hiding within the wind, within the clouds, even within the very ground we stand on, it's calling the mana out from those places and using it effectively that's the truly difficult part..." Veirus giggled as she believed that she proved Rhoda wrong, but before the spheres of mana popped, and therefore expire her Snapcast, She then Incanted again "Saigheada oighir! a shealbhú!" and at the instant she incanted that, The mana ring instantly turned into 5 balls of ice that orbited around Veirus, but to show she wasn't meaning any harm, she simply waved her hands, and the Balls of Ice simply disappeared. Veirus the continued talking "Even as you said these points, I've already surpassed them, Perhaps you'd like to learn a lot more about me... I suppose? There is no better way of befriending a Milltean than to talk about some of his or her past~"

Arn was about to raise his hand, but Moderatus quickly intercepted with his own hand to Arn's wrist, and motioned behind them. Arn turned to see the black-clad knight from before walking torwards Aquinas, a much smaller boy following behind him. "Now, what do we have here? A familiar leading his master?"

--------------------

The Black Knight and Revan entered the North Tower just as a fight had broken out. It was over quickly, however, and the Black Knight was intrigued when the older man offered a challenge to all present. The Black Knight placed a hand on Revan's shoulder. "Well, boy, this seems like a perfect time to see what you're capable of." The Black Knight strode forward past all the other unsure students, most of whom stopped their chattering and looked at him as he walked by.

He stopped in front of Aquinas and met his eye, and Aquinas arched a questioning eyebrow at him. "You appear to be the head of this tower. This battle, is it between students only? Or is it composed of a pair of student and familiar fighting another?"

Archived