YCM Grand Pokémon Tournament 3

Flash Flyer - Sakura

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lost Yveltal this round, which sucks (even if by a close margin)

Personally, I never liked Masquerain due to design and awful stats (but it's a Bug, so probably expected).

Pika's dead again, so...

But yeah, Hoopa's out.

Arcanine was a shoo-in for its match, and Xerneas forced a tie to win; same with Latios.

I suspect vengeance matches will be heavy in Round 3.

(Vaporeon's on my kill list; that's for sure)

If Sylveon falls, I'm going to go on my first revenge trip. It'll be sweet (and mixed, since I love Volcarona).

Seeing as I nominatd Sylveon, if it falls, then I get revenge. (Just like every time one of my nominations fall)

However Miltank is gone (sadly) so now only the moth is left of Spiritomb's killers.

And the moth is likely to survive to Round 3.

Yeah.

Although I did vote for Reshi's killer from round 1 (Greninja), but only because I didn't like the cactus/scarecrow.

Round 3, see to it that Vaporeon loses.

(And for all intents + purposes, the Eon matches were treated as Yusei vs whatever antagonist he fought. Lately, it's been Z-ONE)

Too bad Altaria wasn't nominated; would be really funny if that, Espy/Latios and Milotic fought in one battle. But otherwise, if RNG decides to pit Zex against me again; it's anyone's guess who wins.

[Maybe another hypothetical will do]

Considering Vaporeon killed his sister, of course vengeance will be high.

Then again, branding it as Z-ONE is probably an even worse stigma for it, even if it ties into 5Ds flavor.

Conversely, I could've done Lotten; he's actually worse.

--

Aurorus is on kill list because of what it did to Mewtwo

Masquerain for Yveltal

[Right now, Espy, Latios, Xerneas and Arcanine remain on my end]

There currenly are 3 Pokemon from my nominations that are still in the run:

• Lanturn
  • Gallade
  • Volcarona

Also, for any of you who is interested in which Pokemon have survived this round (Round 2), here is a list; in no particular order:
[spoiler=Advancing]

• Espeon
  • Slowpoke
  • Froslass
  • Milotic
  • Swampert
  • Absol
  • Luxray
  • Gallade
  • Greninja
  • Rotom
  • Houndoom
  • Vaporeon
  • Entei
  • Umbreon
  • Dunsparce
  • Giratina
  • Haxorus
  • Latios
  • Zapdos
  • Quagsire
  • Arcanine
  • Masqurain
  • Nidoqueen
  • Xerneas
  • Lanturn
  • Dragalge
  • Shuckle
  • Golurk
  • Scizor
  • Cresselia
  • Volcarona
  • Chandelure
  • Sceptile
  • Aurorus
  • Hydreigon
  • Empoleon
  • Reuniclus

[/spoiler]

List makes it easier to run through randomizer for R3, thank you.

Suspect a lot of votes in this one will be revenge-based, considering how things ran out.

And a few Pokes are marked as death fodder (or at least on someone's kill list)

Should have the matches up either later or tomorrow.

I'm glad one pokemon from my kill list fell, sadly the rest advanced to round 4, killing 2 more of my nominations in the process, and as it stands I look to lose another one as well.

I do have a kill list for Round 4 (Which will most likely be updated by the end of the round) that is the same as my Round 3 kill list, minus Dragalge's death. *yes*

[spoiler=Kill List]

Scizor
Volcarona
Houndoom

[/spoiler]

Reuniclous and Swampert fell. BUT Vaporeon lives! Proud of it, doesn't seem to get as much love as some of the other Eeveelutions. (Though it's a great tank, especially when you have a Fire weakness on your team)

Now if Masquerain can keep it up I will be a very happy cow, especially as Cresselia and Dunsparce are behind now.

So of my nominations, only Vaporeon is left. (Aurorus too but it's way behind and I'd prefer Masquerain anyway)

Vaporeon's definitely on my kill list for R4; that's for sure.

As for anything else, probably the same from last round: Houndoom and some other stuff.

W-1 is a redemption match between Espeon and Milotic; and you can probably consider it as a member brawl thing between me and Zextra (which I'm winning).

And again, neither of us will lose our modship if we lose.

Well, it's bad luck for Lux then since he did cream Dunsparce.

Latios got into another tie, but he's still going on to Round 4.

Xerneas more or less swept, if you consider 7-5 to be so.

Hmm, still a good round.

I lost Espeon to its murderous cousin (you can figure out why that is so, based on the post-dialogue), but at least there's the hypothetical; but my last three still remain (2 legends and Arcanine). 

Couldn't find the shirt at Hot Topic on Monday, so kinda pissed (if they have a Yveltal one, I'd wear it)

-------

Round 4 matches should be calibrated tomorrow or Saturday.

(I ended the second half of R3 a little early today because they're more or less dead; and I have to prep for a physics final tomorrow at 7:30 am, so can't be on late like I usually like to)

Archived