[MtG] Get Ability

Trebuchet MS

[URL=http://s43.photobucket.com/user/frag_blast/media/Custom%20Cards/MtG%20Custom/GetAbility.jpg.html]GetAbility.jpg[/URL]

2U Instant

Copy any number of target activated or triggered abilities from the same source. You may choose new targets for the copies. (Mana abilities can’t be targeted.)

We have copying spells, but very few instances of copying activated/triggered abilities, especially multiple times. But getting free abilities from all across the stack might prove to be particularly breaking, so I've settled with the abilities needing to be from the same source. Duplicate that massive collection of Nekusar damage triggers, for instance.

Makes Blue Sun's absurdly powerful in Niv. I feel the better bet would just be copying one ability. This way you can bring the cost down, perhaps even to a single blue. At (U), this card because awesome, with a viable application being copying opponents' (or your own) fetchlands. Perhaps it shouldn't be able to copy mana abilites?

I concur with Giga. U instant that copies a single ability would be cleaner and less abusive. Or you could make it 1U and cantrip to increase consistency / power. I don't think the fact that it can copy a fetch is that broken though, and the text does disallow mana abilities already.

... Just possibly really strong. If so, you could bump the cost to 2U (the cantrip effect that is). But that's pretty heavy-handed.

Archived