[Card Discussion] Hachi the Magical Crow

VampireofDarkness

232295.jpg

2 Level 4 monsters

Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; this card gains 1 of the following effects.
● This turn, when a monster(s) is Special Summoned: Destroy those monster(s) with less ATK than this card. This card must be face-up to activate and to resolve this effect.
● This turn, when a monster(s) is Special Summoned: Destroy those monster(s) with more ATK than this card. This card must be face-up to activate and to resolve this effect. If you do, change this card to Defense position, and its position cannot be changed until the End Phase of the next turn.

So this has been my fancy tech card this tournament. It seems like an Extra Deck staple for this meta really, especially in matches where you know what you are playing against and how much inherent Special Summons really matter. Discuss........

By the way, credit for the creation of this card goes to Toyo, in case you missed its name in the ID and serial number.

Anyways, it looks like a solid generic Rank4. Its detach doesn't directly generate a plus because, from the way it is written, its effect must be active before the opponent Special Summons the monster, but it is still should be an effective lock effect when you know the deck you are facing. In a way, it is like Roach + Gandiva in a single card.

I have yet to use it but I try to include it in the Rank4 pool of my DP decks if there is enough space. It is not one of my generic Rank4 top picks, though.

Also, now that I looked at the big picture, the art is gorgeous.

P.D. Triky, how did you get the link to the image? Asking because I would like to see some of the cards in DP in full size.

By the way, credit for the creation of this card goes to Toyo, in case you missed her name in the ID and serial number.

Anyways, it looks like a solid generic Rank4. Its detach doesn't directly generate a plus because, from the way it is written, its effect must be active before the opponent Special Summons the monster, but it is still should be an effective lock effect when you know the deck you are facing. In a way, it is like Roach + Gandiva in a single card.
I have yet to use it but I try to include it in the Rank4 pool of my DP decks if there is enough space. It is not one of my generic Rank4 top picks, though.

Also, now that I looked at the big picture, the art is gorgeous.

P.D. Triky, how did you get the link to the image? Asking because I would like to see some of the cards in DP in full size.

Couldn't agree more on that artwork! I just looked up the card name actually and found it on Yugico.....

Anyway, I also would double up on your opinion of it being an interesting tool. While you probably have yet to find use for it, I find it to be GREAT for them Dark Counterparts for when I can't go off, but have the resources to make a Rank 4 and maybe a Ghoulungulate or a Venus, maybe because I have a Dharc and a Grepher in hand. With that, I could get that extra turn to contain the field and say "No, you are not making that Castel/101 and bouncing/absorbing my only Ritual". Not the first choice for every Deck, but nonetheless a card that deserves a slot when open, especially for tournaments where matches are a thing

EDIT: I also realized it is perfect AGAINST the Deck. Shuts down Grepher SSs, DAD, Simorgh, the Silents once those are introduced, and the entire Extra Deck. Basically turn 1 plays not involving Rituals or Normal Summons

Hello~ I am the creator of this thingy, Toyo~☆ Thanks for choosing a card from me~

Um, my other Xyzs are also available on DP, please check them out too~♪

No problem! I am a huge fan of Hachi, Dark God Destroyer, and Lilith (The Synchro), all which I run in my Extra Deck. I looked at the other ones and I dig them, although Reaper Princess is a little overpowered since it's a possible 2900 Rank 4. Other than that, I dig em and will be running em for a bit, particularly Hachi =D

@Toyo: Thanks to you for submitting them to DP. I want to mention that a couple of them are really good, such as this one, Mistress of Phantasm and Mithra.

And yeah, Hachi should be one of the best Rank4s to drop at first turn if able; again, as long as you know the deck the opponent is playing, so basically in duels 2~3 during a match.

@Toyo: Thanks to you for submitting them to DP. I want to mention that a couple of them are really good, such as this one, Mistress of Phantasm and Mithra.

And yeah, Hachi should be one of the best Rank4s to drop at first turn if able; again, as long as you know the deck the opponent is playing, so basically in duels 2~3 during a match.

I almost ran Mithra actually. I just wasn't sure if it was too much. Looking at Mistress though, I may just run that. Mirror Force insurance is always nice, especially when you have no counter to it if it actually drops

• 2 weeks later...

Archived