[Card Discussion] Heartfelt Announcer

宇佐見 蓮子@C94

2s9danr.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned: Declare 1 Monster type; Reveal the top 2 cards of your deck. If one of the cards revealed is a monster with the same Type as the declared Type, Special Summon it and draw 1 card. If not: banish this card. Shuffle the rest of the cards picked up into the deck.

My personal tech in all my decks, along with Special Veiler n' stuff. Such a splashable and versatile card that can benefit all one-Type decks.

Toyo's DP archive will go up at some point when I have access to a computer...

Hmmmm.... interesting. Not only would this be good in mono type Decks, but decks that also stack cards. I would probably tech one of these if only for the fact that I run Plaguespreader Zombie and that this + Plague is a free draw, Special Summon, Level 5-8 Synchro, and banish fodder for BLS. The only thing that would make it better is if it were a Warrior, but that's asking for way too much. Still a nice tech and definitely could see this working in other Decks at minimal as a side card to keep up with faster Decks Games 2 and 3

I have not tried this. But personally, it looks impractical: if it works, you are rewarded with a +2 and 2 monsters on the field  to work with (Xyz Summon, Synchro if you revealed a Tuner, etc.); but if it doesn't, you plain lose this card and a wasted Normal Summon. The condition is just too risky, and would only play the cards in decks like Monster Mash or that manipulate the topdecks through Plagespreader/Imp Sabres.

• 3 months later...

I was looking through the archives and I was thinking about this card. I think a better version would be less swingy. So if you do hit a monster of the correct type, you add it to hand, and if you dont, nothing happens (no more banish self). 
It's an opt maybe plus. 

Archived