mitchermitcher

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

COMIKET IN FOUR DAYS

Anyway, to start some actual discussion in hype of the upcoming festival because i have nothing else to do, how 'bout we all post our top 3 2hu vocalists?

Mine's

1. Meramipop/Vivienne tie

3. Kishida Kyoudan

Melime's clear, beautiful vocals are just amazing but Vivienne is no slouch as well. The former is more youthful-sounding and the latter feels western-ish and satisfies me on a more primal level. Meanwhile a lot of the feels-y songs are sung by Merami but you can argue that's because RD is the one composing and is using Merami's voice to its utmost potential.

Kishida isn't strictly only touhou but her unique-pitched voice is iconic to her and is something of a charm point. Ranko comes close but I've come to prefer Kishida lately.

4 days before Moon landing hype everybody

Hmm hmm favorite vocalists, huh?

1st is of course Merami(pop). nice range of voices and songs, and her stuffs with RD/Universe/FE is legit as hell. Second is probably lily-an. Liztora won't be anything without her beautiful vocals. Third is...a tie between Chata and Kishida. Since Kishida counts Chata should also count (thooough she did far less 2hu stuff than Kishida). Each has their unique vocals, though while it's a charm in itself, at times their songs can feel pretty flat especially when not supported by the instrumentation.

Vivienne would've ranked higher but lately her stuffs felt subpar. Not her fault, I think. It kinda just Maurits Cornelis and Tim Vegas didn't really have a lot of quality stuff lately. And honorary mention to Nana Takahashi, Ranko, millie, Nagi, and others.

Currently, mine would look something like this:

1- aki (ZYTOKINE): One of the most unique voices in the scene, and I can't help but to love every song she sings.

2- 3L (NJK Record): She's been around for a long while, and sings a bunch of my favorite vocal arranges.

3- Stack (Akatsuki Records): Been following since her debut, and I can say that she has a tremendous future.

Now on some news..., doujin music circle Machikado Mapoze has announced its dissolution. They made some really cool acoustic/folk arranges, so it's pretty sad to see them go.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived