[Card Discussion] Cyber Energy Forcefield

-Noel-

BQmUOKK.jpg

When a Trap Card or an effect of a Trap Card is activated while you have no other face-up Trap Cards and have no Trap Cards in your Graveyard, except "Cyber Energy Forcefield"; negate its activation, and if you do, destroy it. You can banish 1 other "Cyber Energy Forcefield" from your Graveyard; add this card from your Graveyard to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Cyber Energy Forcefield" once per turn.

[spoiler='Old']

4hN4fQ5.jpg

When a Trap Card or an effect of a Trap Card is activated while you control no other face-up Trap Cards and have no Trap Cards in your Graveyard; negate its activation, and if you do, destroy it. When a Trap Card is activated while this card is in the Graveyard and you have no other Trap Cards in your Graveyard: You can negate its activation, and if you do, shuffle it into the Deck. You can only use this effect of "Cyber Energy Forcefield" once per turn.

[/spoiler]

So yea, DP's LS yo, this card exists, maybe even b4 we have to submit decklist for our last tourney.

Should I nerf? If yes, how? Edit: Nerf'd

Sheesh, really don't like this. For reasons I explained in that double-MST thread, traps are generally good for a format and this not only punishes your opponent's traps hard by 2-for-1ing them, or 1-for-0ing if you mill it, but also rewards you for not running traps. Ugly try-to-play-solitaire design I'd not want to see. 

As I pointed out in another thread, on-Graveyard effects on Spell/Traps that make +1s are not a good idea because they just generate free pluses. With effects like this, cards become into "2 cards in 1".

You should get rid of the on-grave effect in my opinion, but then it would end up like a worse 7-Tools/Wiretap, so I got no suggestions or fixes for now.

By the way, this is searchable by Cyber Dragon Core, for whatever that's worth.

Alright, nerf'd it. For me, with this current version I'd use 3 Vanity over 3 of this in some sort of Deck like Nekroz.

I think the return effect should be once per Duel for now, but I would have to test such in order to see its real impact. I guess for now it's fine. I guess I may have a chance against Set 5-Negate Everything now (Hopefully)

Archived