[Card Discussion] The Destruction of Destruction

Darj

The Destruction of Destruction

Trap Card

Type: Counter

When a card or effect is activated that would destroy a card(s): Negate the effect, and if you do, destroy that card, then you can Set 1 "The Destruction of Destruction" directly from your Deck.

(Written because I don't own it and thus don't have access to the card image.)

So, this was played against me and found it ridiculously annoying. Stops any kind of destruction, AND searches a copy of itself for stopping another destruction in later turns.

Even if you removed the unfair self-searching effect, I think this shouldn't exist, because it would counter so many things, from MST, to bosses such as the Dragon Archfiends, Hyperion, etc. (and yes, Zorc too, I will say it), to fellow Counter Traps not named "Wiretap"; really, it would be so versatile.

Perhaps a couple of you will say "but destruction is not as relevant anyways and TCG would be able to handle it", and you are right: The impact of this wouldn't be a huge in TCG. But there is a catch: This is not TCG, and I believe most of us want a metagame that is more balanced/fair than TCG, so a card like this would only push the metagame to the wrong direction by further punishing the "destroy" mechanic.

Discuss.

Yeah, this is broken. Regardless of the unhealthy state of the TCG, just compare this to Destruction Jammer - it gives a second copy for the 'cost' of not requiring a discard and also protecting spell/traps including itself. D-Jammer isn't great, but it's hardly unplayable either. This should be @0 using a banlist. To change it to be more balanced? Not sure, you could basically just make a buffed D-Jammer that protected backrow. If you had to have it re-search, add a discard and maybe make it more like D-Jammer in that it can't protect backrow, or at least not protect itself if the opponent targets it. 

Yeah, this is broken. Regardless of the unhealthy state of the TCG, just compare this to Destruction Jammer - it gives a second copy for the 'cost' of not requiring a discard and also protecting spell/traps including itself. D-Jammer isn't great, but it's hardly unplayable either. This should be @0 using a banlist. To change it to be more balanced? Not sure, you could basically just make a buffed D-Jammer that protected backrow. If you had to have it re-search, add a discard and maybe make it more like D-Jammer in that it can't protect backrow, or at least not protect itself if the opponent targets it. 

Pretty much summarizes my comments. I realized just a minute ago it could protect itself, which is rather silly. I compare this card to Heavy Storm where it allows you to overextend with one thinking "I got this covered" knowing they'll always have that Destruction of Destruction. I think that about ends anything that could be said about this

Archived