[MtG]Lies and Deceit

Forest Fire

nlXaaJD.png
Flash, shroud
As long as your devotion to white and blue is less than seven, Snir isn't a creature. At the beginning of your End Step, if this is a creature, Manifest the top card of your library. You may cast creature cards in you hand as though they had morph. Face-down creatures you control have morph. Their morph cost is equal to their mana cost.

[spoiler Old]SAonnqx.png
Flash, shroud
As long as your devotion to white and blue is less than seven, Snir isn't a creature.
At the beginning of your End Step, if this is a creature, Manifest the top card of your library.
You may cast creatures from your hand as if they had morph. Their morph cost is equal to their mana cost.[/spoiler]

[spoiler Older]ZfDAlI1.png
Flash, shroud
As long as your devotion to white and blue is less than seven, Snir isn't a creature.
Whenever Snir becomes a creature, manifest the top 2 cards of your library.Creature spells in your hand have morph X, where X is that spell's converted mana cost.[/spoiler]

I think you are misunderstanding morph. The morph cost means nothing in hand. Also, there is nothing white about this card, mechanically or flavorfully.

The manifesting ability is also dangerous, as you could make it bounce between creature and noncreature an infinite number of times fairly easily in these colors.

Agree this card isn't that white. I mean, making manifests would be more White than Blue, but its still in blue's color pie. Also, not sure this becoming a creature would be capable of creating a trigger to make manifests.

I think the best to execute this design is as follows.
-At the beginning of your End Step, if this is a creature, Manifest the top card of your library.
-You can cast creatures from your hand as if they had morph. There morph cost is equal to their mana cost.

This version has a much cleaner way to manifest and is more white since it has a bit in common with Mastery of the Unseen in that it makes a guy every turn. I think the second effect would be how you cast creatures with morph that don't actually have morph.

Also feel this thing can cost 2 less.

I think you are misunderstanding morph. The morph cost means nothing in hand. Also, there is nothing white about this card, mechanically or flavorfully.

The manifesting ability is also dangerous, as you could make it bounce between creature and noncreature an infinite number of times fairly easily in these colors.

You realize that in order to cast something as a morph it has to be cast face-down from the hand.... right? I may have phrased it a bit off, but the basic idea was there. 

Agree this card isn't that white. I mean, making manifests would be more White than Blue, but its still in blue's color pie. Also, not sure this becoming a creature would be capable of creating a trigger to make manifests.

I think the best to execute this design is as follows.
-At the beginning of your End Step, if this is a creature, Manifest the top card of your library.
-You can cast creatures from your hand as if they had morph. There morph cost is equal to their mana cost.

This version has a much cleaner way to manifest and is more white since it has a bit in common with Mastery of the Unseen in that it makes a guy every turn. I think the second effect would be how you cast creatures with morph that don't actually have morph.

Also feel this thing can cost 2 less.

so.. {4}{b}{b}? and change the devotion to pure blue?

You realize that in order to cast something as a morph it has to be cast face-down from the hand.... right? I may have phrased it a bit off, but the basic idea was there. 

so.. {4}{b}{b}? and change the devotion to pure blue?

I think the with double blue and single white it gets across this is more of a blue god than a white one. The effect further supports this.

3WUU should be fair.

Morph cost is not the cost to play it face down.

No shit, Sherlock. The morph cost is the cost to turn it face up. any other obvious things to state?

The morph cost is the cost to flip it up. They always cost 3 colorless to play face down.

Oh wow. I'm so stupid... oh wait... I already knew that. So take your supposed superiority and shove it.

I only phrased the giving of Morph to the creatures in your hand wrong.

Anyway, edit posted.  

Rai's wording is better than mine. Giving things morph that don't have morph normally is a pretty complex thing so getting it exactly right isn't easy.

Anyway, I'd recommend trying to put spaces between the cards different effects, but if you end up with spacing issues, which seems like might be happening, then this is fine as is.

Archived