2 Elixir of Immortality

2 Dark Blast

1 Nightmare Void

1 Increasing Ambition

Lands: 24

4 Crypt of Agadeem

4 Dakmor Salvage

16 Swamp

The Strategy behind this deck is to Dredge and Send Gurmag Swiftwing, Vampire Nighthawk, Xanthrid Slyblade, and either Erebos or Darksteel Sentinel to the Graveyard to serve as Delve food for Soulflayer, Resulting in an almost unkillable Boss monster with Flying, First Strike, Deathtouch, Lifelink, Haste, Hexproof, Vigilance, and Indestructible

The Higher land concentration in this deck is due to my own lack of luck, as I find that I never draw lands with anything lower than this amount

So, the crypts don't really do much, since you won't really be needing too much mana. You might be better off with swamps in their place.

Torrent elemental ought to be considered, as it can be a wincon in the event that the soulflayer route isn't working for whatever reason.

Cairn Wanderer is like flayer before flayer was a thing. It costs 5 mana, but still can put in a ton of work.

Crypt champion is also worth considering, as it can grant double strike to flayer, which would help to close games quickly. Furthermore, it could be used to reanimate a Vampire Nighthawk, which is a generally profitable creature on blocking.

Are you running erebos' whip?

No, because I should gain enough Lifelink through Nighthawk and Soulflayer, and that revival effect does more bad than good (Because I should be putting the creatures in the graveyard) however, I would consider it after further testing

So, the crypts don't really do much, since you won't really be needing too much mana. You might be better off with swamps in their place.

Torrent elemental ought to be considered, as it can be a wincon in the event that the soulflayer route isn't working for whatever reason.

Cairn Wanderer is like flayer before flayer was a thing. It costs 5 mana, but still can put in a ton of work.

Crypt champion is also worth considering, as it can grant double strike to flayer, which would help to close games quickly. Furthermore, it could be used to reanimate a Vampire Nighthawk, which is a generally profitable creature on blocking.

for the Crypts, will replace a couple crypts with Swamps or whatever else to see if I have more consistency

Torrent Elemental and Crypt Champion require different colors of mana to even cast without being behind, not to mention Torrent Elemental is not very good delve food for Soulflayer (Who is the only delver in this deck), so I'll consider it if I had more Delvers. For Crypt Champion, I can cast it with this deck, it just becomes an Evoke unless I have a red mana, which I feel can be irritating

Cairn, I considered at first, then I realized that with all the Delving going on for Soulflayers that I feel I would not be getting a lot of mileage out of it

No, because I should gain enough Lifelink through Nighthawk and Soulflayer, and that revival effect does more bad than good (Because I should be putting the creatures in the graveyard) however, I would consider it after further testing

Fair enough, the revive is only as a last resort tbh.

Its also a +2 B devotion so thats nice for erebos.

Archived