[MtG] Discord Emmiter

I Hate Snatch Steal

Discord%20Emmiter_zpsq8zvxwnd.jpg

Each passive ability from a creature source that would apply to all creatures, all creatures its controller controls and/or all creatures of a certain creature type becomes an ability that applies only to the creature that has it.

eg: All Sliver creatures get +0/+1 becomes this creature gets +0/+1

As the above suggests, its very good against silvers.

I'm new to this game so please be gentle when reviewing ( :

I prefer:

"All creatures lose all abilities from other creatures."

Simplicity is key! Although I'm not entirely sure if it should have a different word, a few more words, or whatever.

Re: the effect, it seems oddly specific and thus (4) is pretty expensive. I think it could go down safely to (2) without much risk.

I prefer:

"All creatures lose all abilities from other creatures."

Simplicity is key! Although I'm not entirely sure if it should have a different word, a few more words, or whatever.

Re: the effect, it seems oddly specific and thus (4) is pretty expensive. I think it could go down safely to (2) without much risk.

Yeah, I'll update it later. I figured it would be a sideboard card when I made it.

I would word it as "Creatures lose all passive abilities from other creatures and can't gain passive abilities from other creatures." in a way akin to the Archetypes in Born of the Gods. There's a difference between passive, triggered, and activated abilities. Blocking the spread of all abilities will warrant a higher mana cost, while locking out one type can open up the possibility of it being cheaper.

That sentence alone won't be able to block stat buffs, though. Those don't look like passive abilities that can be gained or lost. There isn't much in MtG that blocks passive stat buffs without removing the source, so it's a little difficult to word without looking like an old card with an unusual writing style. I would introduce another sentence that says "Creatures can't gain extra power or toughness from other creatures."

As for the card's intended design itself, it not just shuts down Slivers, it also has an application in Modern against Aether Vial Merfolk Tribal if its cost slips down to 2 or so. Well, assuming it actually lands before the Merfolk deck just counters it. Elsewhere, any Tribal thing just grinds to a halt and becomes a sad panda if they don't answer this card.

Archived