[Card Discussion] Dawn of the Gods

Marco Polo

Dawn_of_the_Gods.jpg

: When this card is activated: You can look at your opponent’s Extra Deck and target up 2 to monsters there, then send 1 monster from your Extra Deck whose Level/Rank equals the targeted monsters’ Levels/Ranks to the Graveyard; send the targeted monster to the Graveyard. You can only activate 1 “Dawn of the Gods” per turn, and you cannot conduct your Battle Phase that turn.

Great against basically anything. Opponent has a non-target-able, immune card in their extra deck (and according to cards lately, they probably do)? This does the job for you.

/thank me below. (-;

You are using the Spell icon for a Trap Card, probably want to change that.

You cannot target cards in the hand, Deck or Extra Deck, so you need to re-design this card. Anyway, the card has the potential to be pretty nice, but it does depend on you either not needing cards in your Extra Deck, so that's a problem, but getting a look at your opponent's Extra Deck is still quite nice. It could be fun to have a Side Deck full of Extra Deck monsters so that you can switch out and more easily get what you want. Why is the card so small though? I wish I could see the art more.

It's a Normal Trap Card, the text "When this card is activated:" is not used for those cards. You use the OCG number system, but you don't fully seem to understand how it works. The second number shouldn't be one, rather it should say "You can only activate 1 "Dawn of the Gods" per turn. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase during the turn this card is activated".

You are using the Spell icon for a Trap Card, probably want to change that.

You cannot target cards in the hand, Deck or Extra Deck, so you need to re-design this card. Anyway, the card has the potential to be pretty nice, but it does depend on you either not needing cards in your Extra Deck, so that's a problem, but getting a look at your opponent's Extra Deck is still quite nice. It could be fun to have a Side Deck full of Extra Deck monsters so that you can switch out and more easily get what you want. Why is the card so small though? I wish I could see the art more.

It's a Normal Trap Card, the text "When this card is activated:" is not used for those cards. You use the OCG number system, but you don't fully seem to understand how it works. The second number shouldn't be one, rather it should say "You can only activate 1 "Dawn of the Gods" per turn. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase during the turn this card is activated".

1.yup changing. leftover from previous versions.

2.now you can. that's to ease and simplify the effect.

3."When this card is activated" was leftover from previous versions of the effect when you needed the exact part of when you have the opponent's extra revealed. 

done. and for the numbering well excuse me there's no guide for it anywhere so best I can do is compare and contrast. 

edit: updated.

4.card pic is small for attractiveness, I find that size to be optimal, reminds me of card leaks in the TCG section. lol

Archived