Netflix is making Live-Action Legend of Zelda

Fusion X. Denver

Love how we're all talking like it's for sure already happening when the article said either netflix or nintendo could still kill it at any time.

That aside I also love the "it should be an animated series" sentiment. Personally I have more faith in a live action thing for Zelda considering the old nintendo show failures of the past included animated mario and zelda shows. And of Nintendo's series, Zelda has generally been one of the less cartoonish looking ones, especially as of more recent games.

It's going to be impossible given that it's based on an already existing series but I'd like to hope that in the event it does happen that people would actually give it a chance instead of instantly picking it apart for not being exactly like the video games. The linked article already made it sound as though its plot will not be exactly as they are in the games but there's nothing wrong with a different take on a series in an entirely different medium. Little edit here after re-reading the article. Plot sounds pretty much like any old game, just calling link an ordinary boy kinda threw me off.

In short, in the event it does happen I'd gladly watch it and see what they do with it.

It's just 

>Game of Thrones-like

>Family oriented

Choose.  To be honest I think whoever made the comparison is just a suit talking out of their ass, as Lord of the Rings was mentioned as well, which is nothing like GoT. 

Was going to post exactly this, but as per usual you already posted everything I was going to say on the matter, stop doing that shit. 

I honestly don't really give that much of a fuck about legend of zelda to be honest, but I do however think the timing of this is really good. Also Netflix. 

If this succeeds, the possibility for other live-action shows/films based on video games would be very likely. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Live-actions of video games are often shitty, so why make a live-action of LoZ.

Oh god why. I could barely sit through the old LoZ CARTOON series. o~o And holy f*ck if they decide to make Navi as annoying in the movie as she is in the game I'm gonna stab a b*tch. -.-

Which cartoons? Is it the one that makes you go crazy.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived