Netflix is making Live-Action Legend of Zelda

Fusion X. Denver

It's just 

>Game of Thrones-like

>Family oriented

Choose.  To be honest I think whoever made the comparison is just a suit talking out of their ass, as Lord of the Rings was mentioned as well, which is nothing like GoT. 

The best possible way for this to happen is for it to be a series set in Hyrule and for Link to not be involved in any way. 

What the f*** are you thinking Netflix?! Look, I try out every new series that you put out! I'm looking forward to the Defenders put out by Marvel because it makes sense, but a live-action Zelda TV series!? Really?! If you want to make a Zelda series, make it animated or 3D animated. It makes sense! I ain't getting my hopes high either!

What the f*** are you thinking Netflix?! Look, I try out every new series that you put out! I'm looking forward to the Defenders put out by Marvel because it makes sense, but a live-action Zelda TV series!? Really?! If you want to make a Zelda series, make it animated or 3D animated. It makes sense! I ain't getting my hopes high either!

Jesus fucking christ, dude, you realize that you don't have to watch it, right?

Some of my friends are worried since Nintendo has never had any luck with live-action before. 

But I think they know that and I'm willing to believe that this show could break that streak since they're taking the time to collaborate with an esteemed service like Netflix. And they'll want to change their rep in that area.

I don't think they'll go for anyone known, or anyone high-profile. Some good unknowns would be ideal for a project like this.

As for Link speaking, I mean, they could have him be silent, but I think I'd rather they gave Link more of a character and speaking role as a risk to take than them forcing him to be silent and the show ending up worse because of it.

I will say, so far, Netflix has been killing it with their original series.  Orange is the New Black and House of Cards have massive critical acclaim. 

I have no idea if that has anything to do with this, but I'd give it a chance.

I was just gonna say this. I'm watching Orange is the New Black right now, and it's fucking amazing.

So yeah, I'm giving it a chance with minimal expectations, cause if I expect too much, that'll just be a higher drop of disappointment if there is any.

Personally, I'm not thinking too highly of it, but as was mentioned I've heard nothing but good things about Netflix's original series lately.

That gives me some hope that, with Nintendo hopefully learning from their past mistakes on the Movie/TV front, that this can be decent. I'm going to give it a shot for sure, and hope that this breaks Nintendo's abysmal attempts on this market.

Cause honestly if it turns out well, I would LOVE to see a Metroid show in the future. Just not... Metroid: Other M.

Archived