In case you plan on publishing your novel

Thar

I've been wanting to write a novel for quite some time, but in the brainstorming process, I kept in mind the fact that the publishing process might be tedious and frustrating, for which I've come across this:

http://www.jackiefrench.com/firstnovel.html

This is probably the most legit advice you will ever get as far as being a successful writer, at least as far as I know. It's harsh, but it's honest.

Discuss.

Although, to be honest, I have literally no interest in being a writer, I read through this. The bit that I found really interesting was toward the end:

Maybe it's just that the worse a writer is, the more they are convinced nothing can possibly improve their brilliant work

This is one of the most annoying part of humanity, in my opinion. They don't put in the work, and expect fantastic results, because they are convinced they are special.

This is one of the most annoying part of humanity, in my opinion. They don't put in the work, and expect fantastic results, because they are convinced they are special.

Self serving bias is a flaw that everyone on earth shares. Though the bias itself angers me less than those who refuse to admit that they have it.

Archived