Caius the Shadow Monarch vs. Raiza the Storm Monarch

Except it is...

And yay for Metal.

Because in this format; spin>destruction?

lol lol lol.

Hmm, I keep thinking of things in terms of last format. I need to break that habit.

Nevertheless, though Spin has weakened significantly, Removal is just setting your opponent up for a RftDD play for game. Obviously, Caius fits better into the present big decks, but I'm not certain which would be preferable, 1 for 1, when playing against your conventional DAD Return deck.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except it is...

And yay for Metal.

lol lol lol.

Hmm' date=' I keep thinking of things in terms of last format. I need to break that habit.

Nevertheless, though Spin has weakened significantly, Removal is just setting your opponent up for a RftDD play for game. Obviously, Caius fits better into the present big decks, but I'm not certain which would be preferable, 1 for 1, when playing against your conventional DAD Return deck.

[/quote']

Spin Dark Armed Dragon, or Remove it From Play.

Except it is...

And yay for Metal.

lol lol lol.

Hmm' date=' I keep thinking of things in terms of last format. I need to break that habit.

[/quote']

DAD hits the field for game. If he doesn't make game when he hits the field, he's not needed anyway.

Except it is...

And yay for Metal.

lol lol lol.

[/quote']

DAD hits the field for game. If he doesn't make game when he hits the field, he's not needed anyway.

What?

Except it is...

And yay for Metal.

lol lol lol.

[/quote']

What?

:[

I misread what you said. But either way, Dark Armed Dragon only goes to the field to win the game. If someone summons him and doesn't win the game, then there's no reason for him being there anymore, so the person who played him wont care if you destroy him or whatever.

I believe his point was that you shouldn't take DAD into account when deciding which effect is superior, because he never hits the field unless the game is about to end. You'd never get the chance to Summon your Monarch of choice.

That being said, if the situation did arise, Removing DAD is obviously far superior to Spinning him.

DAD isn't classified as OTK for a reason. It hits the field when the need arises' date=' unlike DDT.

[/quote']

A smart player saves a winning card for when it wins.

That same smart player is willing to lose the game just to save from playing DAD? Then said smart player is bad player.

You don't read posts, do you? Are you one of those people with the cord stuck in your head? Otherwise, you have no excuses.

DAD isn't classified as OTK for a reason. It hits the field when the need arises' date=' unlike DDT.

[/quote']

That same smart player is willing to lose the game just to save from playing DAD? Then said smart player is bad player.

You don't read posts, do you? Are you one of those people with the cord stuck in your head? Otherwise, you have no excuses.

Oh man, some harsh words from big bad Internet man. brb cutting myself

I hear winning is possible when you've lost.

[/quote']

Oh man, some harsh words from big bad Internet man. brb cutting myself

I hear winning is possible when you've lost.

I'm not trying to insult you. I'm just stating truths :[

No, it seems you have. It's Raiza versus Caius. Granted, there were no specific mention as to the decks in which these cards belong, it should be rather obvious. No OTK is going to run Monarchs (if they do, Caius wins for it being DARK). Therefore, the assumed matchup is Monarchs vs said deck, but you seem to imply the Monarch user being OTK-esque with "a winning hand".

Archived