OCG/PSCT Helping Center

Atypical-Abbie

Question

Hello. I figured that due to my knowledge in how to write cards, I would made a dedicated topic to answering all of your questions regarding PSCT/OCG. You can both to fix your cards, or specific questions about how something works. In case anyone feels confident enough, you can help people out as well if you wish.

I also suggest reading my thread on PSCT/OCG as well to get a good overview on how to word your cards:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/322020-ocgpsct-thread-writing-your-card-properly/

Rules and notes:

You must have the entire text you wish for me to fix in your post. This means that if you just post an image, I will not fix it.

Please explain as much as you can about how your card is intended to work, I may not fully understand your card otherwise.

Only one fix at a time. I don't have time to fix your entire Archetype.

If your card does something not seen before, it's likely I will simply use my own opinion on how to word it, typically by using cards that have effects that are similar in nature to your card.

When I fix your cards, I will attempt to explain what you did wrong, and I will also follow:

Anything that's bold are places with wrong capitalization. Anything red is added text. Anything blue is changed text.

2 Level 6 monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; inflict 500 damage to your opponent. Once, while this card is face-up on the field: You can banish 1 ""The End" Phantom Dragon Abyss" from your Extra Deck and Tribute 1 monster you control; until the End Phase, this card gains 1500 ATK and this effect. 

• If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can flip 2 face-up cards in your Extra Deck face-down; destroy all Spell/Trap Cards your opponent controls, and if you do, this card can make a second attack in a row. If this card attacks using this effect, this increased ATK returns to 0, after damage calculation.

---

I borrowed some wording from Satellite Cannon's SDCR print, which does something similar to what this card wanted to do (return any changes to 0).

Same goes for its activation condition (on the field); borrowed from Necroshade's SDHS print (except modified for the field to an extent).

Rest of the effect seemed okay though (just some minor capitalization things, but those sorts of things aren't that much of a problem).

2 Level 6 monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; inflict 500 damage to your opponent. Once, while this card is face-up on the field: You can banish 1 ""The End" Phantom Dragon Abyss" from your Extra Deck and Tribute 1 monster you control; until the End Phase, this card gains 1500 ATK and this effect. 

• If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can flip 2 face-up cards in your Extra Deck face-down; destroy all Spell/Trap Cards your opponent controls, and if you do, this card can make a second attack in a row. If this card attacks using this effect, this increased ATK returns to 0, after damage calculation.

---

I borrowed some wording from Satellite Cannon's SDCR print, which does something similar to what this card wanted to do (return any changes to 0).

Same goes for its activation condition (on the field); borrowed from Necroshade's SDHS print (except modified for the field to an extent).

Rest of the effect seemed okay though (just some minor capitalization things, but those sorts of things aren't that much of a problem).

Actually, it loses the ATK gain before the second attack, so it has 2500 on that one, as well as any other ATK gains from other cards is what I intended.

[spoiler=Card]XKKPNhZl.jpg
2 Level 6 Monsters
Once per turn: You can Detach 1 Xyz Material; Inflict 500 Damage to your opponent. Once while this card is face-up on the field: You can banish 1 ""The End" Phantom Dragon Abyss" from your Extra Deck and tribute 1 monster you control; Until the End Phase, this card gains 1500 ATK and the following effect  •When this card's attack destroys an opponent's monster by battle: you can flip 2 face-up cards in your Extra Deck face-down; Destroy all Spell/Trap cards your opponent controls and this card can make a second attack in a row, but it loses its ATK gain.
[/spoiler]

You might've seen this in AC already. But tbh I'm still not sure how to word the last effect properly. Or the first effect. Or anything, really. So yeah, have this as your first task~

Anything that's bold are places with wrong capitalization. Anything red is added text. Anything blue is changed text.

2 Level 6 monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; inflict 500 damage to your opponent. Once while this card is face-up on the field: You can banish 1 ""The End" Phantom Dragon Abyss" from your Extra Deck and Tribute 1 monster; until the end of this turn, this card gains 1500 ATK and the following effect.

• When this attacking monster destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can flip 2 face-up cards in your Extra Deck face-down; destroy all Spell/Trap Cards your opponent controls, and if you do, this card can make a second attack in a row, but it loses its ATK gain from its own effect.

Afterword:

Words after the semi-colon should not be capitalized, unless it is normally capitalized. Similarly, words after colons should always be capitalized.

You do not say "you control" when you Tribute something that you control, as you by default always Tribute your own monsters.

You typically say "This effect can be used only once while this card is face-up on the field." instead of the wording I used, but since your effect has a bullet and an effect which is not a part of the gained effect, I chose to use the wording you used instead, since it would be confusing otherwise.

Try to avoid using "until the End Phase", rather try use "until the end of this turn", as the game has been trying to avoid using that for some time now and has even changed old cards saying "until the End Phase" to "until the end of this turn" instead.

Always have the bullet on a new line, not on the same line as the one you're currently on.

I added the "and if you do", as I was not sure if it was an effect you gained if you destroyed everything, or if you gained the effect regardless of destroying everything.

The last effect about flipping cards face-down and losing the ATK gain are no something I think the real game has done before, so I simply worded it how I thought it would make the most sense.

Might as well get help on this card's OCG, since I'm a bit unsure on how to word it properly (even if I more/less understand PSCT well enough at this point).

"If you take damage and your LP is reduced to half or less of your starting amount at the beginning of the Duel, you can Special Summon this card from your hand in Defense Position, and if you do, this card's DEF becomes equal to the damage you took before Special Summoning this card."

Basically, idea is to have it be able to SS itself when you take damage + have your LP reduced to half/less, and then power up its DEF by the damage you took BEFORE summoning this card. Probably thinking of something similar to Ogre of the Scarlet Shadow, but not really sure.

(It's for a fanfic card, so the mechanic is awkward + wouldn't translate well in real life)

If you take damage and you lose LP so that you have you have less than or equal LP as the amount you had at the start of the Duel: You can Special Summon this card from your hand in Defense Position, and if you do, this card's DEF becomes equal to the damage you took.

Afterword:

This is personally how I would write it, using similar terms used on various different cards, but with new effects, simply write what feels right to you.

You said you knew PSCT, yet your card lacked a colon, which I find weird. Either way, you had an activation condition, so you must also have a colon.

Using Battlin' Boxer Veil's text, I removed the last part to reflect similar wordings.

Struggling with a type of summoning technique and how to word it. Right my idea is for a half-Pendulum archetype I'm working on (as in half the maindeck monsters are Pendulums). The idea is that you can Synchro Summon by sending a tuner and a face-up Pendulum monster in your Extra Deck with the same level as the tuner to the graveyard, then summon the monster with the same level.

Now my idea was for that to be in the Tuner's effect, but I'm starting to think that this should be included in the Synchro monster's effect.

Right now, I think it should be worded like this:

Must be Synchro Summoned by sending 1 "________" Tuner monster from your field and 1 face-up "_________" Pendulum monster from your Extra Deck with the same level to the grave.

Also keep in mind that the Synchros are supposed to be Synchro Pendulums (this is actually a fairly confusing archetype when I dig into it, but I think I've got it so far), so don't add anything like "And cannot be Special Summoned by other means" effects. My other idea is for the tuners to have the effect

When using this card as a Synchro Material Monster, the other Synchro Material Monster is 1 face-up Level ___  "_________" monster in your Extra Deck.

Thoughts? Does this properly convey that both are sent to the Grave?

Thanks for the help!

In the future, please only submit one thing at a time, this will be an exception since there's only two things.

Must first be Synchro Summoned by sending 1 "________" Tuner monster you control and 1 face-up "_________" Pendulum Monster from your Extra Deck with the same Level to the Graveyard.

When using this card as a Synchro Material , the other Synchro Material must be 1 face-up Level ___  "_________" monster in your Extra Deck.

Afteword:

You said you wished for it to be Summoned later on. As such, you must add the "first" to indicate that.

"from your field" is not used anymore, rather say "you control" instead.

Avoid using "grave" as a shorthand, always use Graveyard.

The "Monster" at the end of a Material is not used anymore, simply say "Synchro Material" or "Fusion Material" instead.

Changed the "is 1" to "must be", as shown on cards like Mara of the Nordic Alfar.

The fix looks good enough.

As for the semicolon thing, basically I've seen it written different ways on source cards using PSCT (although those were probably the older versions, or were related to non-damage related SSing). But yeah, this one has an activation thing, so I need that colon.

That being said, I did mention that the effect should trigger when LP reaches half or less of your start, but I'll change it to 4000 LP or something, since RL duels use 8k.

(In this situation, user started with 12K LP, but for realistic purposes and to make it easier, just use regular amounts)

You can look at Saber Reflect and Number 43; although both of them don't reflect on counters; but have similar wording patterns to what you're trying to look for.

The former is more recent.

Basically in the former's case, it states "If you take damage, gain LP equal to the damage you took, also inflict an equal amount of damage..."

In essence, your opponent gets burned equal to the amount of damage you took/regained at the time this card was activated/resolved.

---

If you'd really like a more expert thing, go wait for Zazu to fix it further.

Archived