Toyo Loses Her Mind [Heavenly Marine]

宇佐見 蓮子@C94

Alright, not quite completed yet, but I have a solid base for it. About as solid as water, anyway. LIQUID water. I am almost 100% sure I need to tone it down a bit, cuz if I add another card it'll be ultra crazy, as opposed to now, in which they're kinda crazy

[spoiler=CARDS]

RGGY3y2.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner WATER monsters
You can also Synchro Summon this card during the Battle Phase if 5 or more battles have happened that turn. This attacking card is unaffected by your opponent's card effects. This card's original ATK is equal to the amount of monsters used for its Synchro Summon x 1500. When this card attacks, after damage calculation: You can Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower WATER monster from your deck.

qBLt0tP.jpg

When this card attacks, if 2 or more battles have occured this turn: Excavate the top 5 cards of your deck; Special Summon any monster(s) revealed that have the same name as a monster you control. When this card attacks, after damage calculation: You can tribute it; Special Summon 1 "Heavenly Marine" monster from your hand or graveyard with the same level but different name as this card. That card cannot be tributed this turn.

821rVyW.jpg

When this card attacks, if 2 or more battles have occured this turn: You can discard 1 card; Special Summon 1 "Heavenly Marine" monster from your graveyard in face-up attack position. When this card attacks, after damage calculation: You can tribute it; Special Summon 1 "Heavenly Marine" monster from your hand or graveyard with the same level but different name as this card. That card cannot be tributed this turn.

nBLkr2ql.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more WATER non-Tuner Monsters
You can also Synchro Summon this card during the Battle Phase if 3 or more battles have occurred that turn. Attacking "Heavenly Marine" monsters you control are unaffected by card effects, until the end of the damage step. Once per turn: You can discard 1 card; Send 1 "Heavenly Marine" monster from your deck to your graveyard.

qW6y3Fb.jpg

When this card attacks, if 2 or more battles have occured that turn: You can banish 2 cards from your graveyard; Add 1 "Heavenly Marine" monster from your deck to your hand with the same name as a monster you control. When this card attacks, after damage calculation: You can tribute it; Special Summon 1 "Heavenly Marine" monster from your hand or graveyard with the same level but different name as this card. That card cannot be tributed this turn.

6yqrzqZ.jpg

When this card attacks, if 2 or more battles have occured that turn: You can draw 2 cards, then discard 1 "Heavenly Marine" card. If you have no "Heavenly Marine" cards in your hand, you must discard your entire hand. When this card attacks, after damage calculation: You can tribute it; Special Summon 1 "Heavenly Marine" monster from your hand or graveyard with the same level but different name as this card. That card cannot be tributed this turn.

P0Xux8n.jpg

You can Special Summon this card from your hand or graveyard during the Battle Phase if 2 or more battles have occured that turn. During the Battle Phase, if your opponent controls a monster: You can send this card and another "Heavenly Marine" monster to the graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Heavenly Marine" monster from your deck. Each effect of "Heavenly Marine Trainee - Nakigitsune" can only be activated once per turn and only once that turn.

kL212Dy.jpg

When this card attacks, if 2 or more battles have occurred that turn: You can destroy the monster this card is battling without damage calculation. When this card attacks, after damage calculation: You can tribute it; Special Summon 1 "Heavenly Marine" monster from your hand or graveyard with the same level but different name as this card. That card cannot be tributed this turn.

HmaVKACl.jpg

This attacking card cannot be destroyed by battle.

Cgvp7PVl.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more WATER monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned, if you control no other monsters: Reveal the top 2 cards of your deck; If exactly 1 "Heavenly Marine" monster is revealed: You can Special Summon it. After this card's attack hits: You can banish 1 "Heavenly Marine" monster you control; Special Summon 1 "Heavenly Marine" monster from your deck with a different name than that card.

WB2CGHtl.jpg

Target 2 "Heavenly Marine" monsters you control; Add the ATK of the first target to the second target. The first target cannot attack this turn. If this set card is destroyed by a card effect: You can Special Summon 1 level 3 or lower "Heavenly Marine" monster from your deck.

[/spoiler]

That's some really pretty art~

I'm guessing this is based off Vanguard, and I barely know that or YGO, can't say much but lemme see if I understand everything right.

The 'if two or more battles have occurred that turn' conditional that most of your monsters have won't be activated if you only have 1 HM monster on the field, basically. Since when a HM monster attacks, it tributes itself to summon another one, but that one can't be tributed for a third monster to come out, meaning you can't trigger that conditional with only 1 HM monster on the field, since you only battle twice. Or does the current battle add towards the battle count? What if the battle would destroy the HM monster? Can it tribute itself out before it dies or no?

Kiyomitsu is crazy s***. I love it. You need at least 3 HM monsters on the field to get it out so it's not really that broken I guess. Being a battle-oriented archetype sounds really fun. I'd legit play this. Level Limit Area B would kill this pretty bad though, and other attack preventing cards.

kanesada's legs are great too btw

That's some really pretty art~

I'm guessing this is based off Vanguard, and I barely know that or YGO, can't say much but lemme see if I understand everything right.

The 'if two or more battles have occurred that turn' conditional that most of your monsters have won't be activated if you only have 1 HM monster on the field, basically. Since when a HM monster attacks, it tributes itself to summon another one, but that one can't be tributed for a third monster to come out, meaning you can't trigger that conditional with only 1 HM monster on the field, since you only battle twice. Or does the current battle add towards the battle count? What if the battle would destroy the HM monster? Can it tribute itself out before it dies or no?

Kiyomitsu is crazy s***. I love it. You need at least 3 HM monsters on the field to get it out so it's not really that broken I guess. Being a battle-oriented archetype sounds really fun. I'd legit play this. Level Limit Area B would kill this pretty bad though, and other attack preventing cards.

kanesada's legs are great too btw

Rulings stuffs~

-2 battles must occur before said Heavenly Marine's attack for their effs to trigger

-If the attack is negated, or the monster is no longer on the field after damage step, you can't tribute

-Current battle doesn't count~

While I get VG terminology...the phrase "attack hits" is actually pretty broad. Does that mean when, battle damage is dealt or when it send a monster to the graveyard. In addition to that "battle" sort of implies two monsters so direct attacks by that extension shouldn't count for the effects either. 

While I get VG terminology...the phrase "attack hits" is actually pretty broad. Does that mean when, battle damage is dealt or when it send a monster to the graveyard. In addition to that "battle" sort of implies two monsters so direct attacks by that extension shouldn't count for the effects either.

"Attack hits" basically means your attack doesn't get negated, and it 'hit' the opponent/opponent's monster. Meaning if you attack Marshmallon successfully, the effect can go of. Also, I thought "Battle" included direct attacks too?

In any case, added some new support cards, completing the set for now.

Well, here's what I got from this so far:

- Maybe add a max cap. Kiyomitsu's attack gain... 4500 is a BIG number already, but getting to 6000 with a few techs seems a little nuts. Or maybe make its summoning requirement archetype exclusive?

- The "Attack hits" wording is a little confusing. From your explanation I understand what you're getting across, but there must be a better way to word that that is a little more consistent with the YGO OCG...

- Keep in mind that there are no Level 4 Effect Monsters with 2000 ATK that don't suffer some form of crippling downside. To have a monster with 2000 ATK that has a little bonus like that seems a little too good; so I'd maybe edit that a little.

Other than that, the cool thing about this archetype is that it makes the Battlephase your Mainphase, and the heavy combo design is especially refreshing to see. Just be careful when designing the cards, because something like this could be a little too easy to OTK with.

Well, here's what I got from this so far:
- Maybe add a max cap. Kiyomitsu's attack gain... 4500 is a BIG number already, but getting to 6000 with a few techs seems a little nuts. Or maybe make its summoning requirement archetype exclusive?
- The "Attack hits" wording is a little confusing. From your explanation I understand what you're getting across, but there must be a better way to word that that is a little more consistent with the YGO OCG...
- Keep in mind that there are no Level 4 Effect Monsters with 2000 ATK that don't suffer some form of crippling downside. To have a monster with 2000 ATK that has a little bonus like that seems a little too good; so I'd maybe edit that a little.

Other than that, the cool thing about this archetype is that it makes the Battlephase your Mainphase, and the heavy combo design is especially refreshing to see. Just be careful when designing the cards, because something like this could be a little too easy to OTK with.

I'll change the "Attack hits" wording to "When this card attacks, after damage calculation...", so yeah. I mean, i wont change it immediately cuz i'm busy with stuff, but it'll be changed don't worry

The level 4 2000 ATK is honestly not that useful nowadays. This card is essentially just a vanilla that can serve to add the number of battles you have that turn.

Kiyomitsu @4500 is a good enough number, considering its hefty summoning conditions. 5 battles, 3 monsters, etc...

Unfortunately, the entire deck's premise IS OTK. That comes in hand when a deck becomes this battle-reliant.

Well I would be extra careful with an entire archetype centered on OTK's. OTK's aren't exactly condoning of good player interaction o_O

Edit: Also, maybe just make the one level 4 a Vanilla then. Useful or not it's still a matter of principle that a level 4 doesn't have 2000 ATK without some sort of big downside...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived