Ghosts in the Wind [Giga's Archetypes: Geists]

(GigaDrillBreaker)

Well, here I am, and now I will introduce you all to my newest creation: Geists. The archetype is made up of 4 Level 4 WIND Zombies and 1 Field Spell card, as well as a Continuous Spell support card. Their main mechanic is effects that trigger when they are returned to the hand from the field, sorta like Mist Valley but not terrible. 

[spoiler=Monsters]

[spoiler=Eurus, Eastern Geist]

rmlAfVa.jpg?1

When this card is Summoned, if you control another "Geist" monster: You can target 1 card you control and 1 card your opponent controls; return both to their owner's hands. If this card you control returns to your hand (except during the Damage Step): You can add 1 "Geist" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Eurus, Eastern Geist". You can only use 1 "Eurus, Eastern Geist" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

Eurus is the primary searcher of the deck, and is capable of grabbing any of the other three whenever he is bounced. Additionally, he bounces a card on each side of the field when he is summoned, acting as both removal and a way to trigger other Geists' effects. Additionally, since he is a tuner, he provides access to synchro shenanigans, though the archetype does not currently contain any synchro monsters.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Notos, Southern Geist]

6hjgPm2.jpg?1

When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a Zombie-Type monster: You can target up to 2 face-up cards you control; Return each target to its owner's hand, also, after that, destroy cards your opponent controls, up to the number of monsters returned to your hand by this effect. You  can only use this effect of "Notos, Southern Geist" once per turn.

Notos adds onto the removal provided by Eurus, while also (like Eurus) helping to bounce your own cards for added benefit. 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Boreas, Northern Geist]

net1ZWa.jpg?1

If this monster you control returns to the hand (except during the Damage Step): Target 2 Zombie-Type monsters with 2000 or less ATK in your Graveyard; add those targets to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Boreas, Northern Geist" once per turn.

Boreas helps to extend plays after Synchro or Xyz summoning, with an effect similar to "Recycling Batteries".

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Zephyrus, Western Geist]

5XCUGQc.jpg?1

During the turn this card was Summoned, you can Normal Summon 1 "Geist" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn) If this monster you control returns to the hand (except during the Damage Step): You can Special Summon 1 "Geist" monster from your hand, except "Zephyrus, Western Geist". You can only use this effect of "Zephyrus, Western Geist" once per turn.

The speed of the deck, Zephyrus allows for Rank 4 and similar plays to be made faster, and his secondary effect can trigger Notos, allowing for large chains of plays.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

The deck seems interesting, allowing you to abus mist valley support, but I fail to see any real end game.  You've got rank 4/synchro 8 plays, but all of your monsters bounce to hand/ aren't strong enough to stay on the field.  Notos helps some, but 2000 isn't really that big right now.  Probably the biggest thing this archetype needs is backrow and/or an extra deck boss.

• 2 weeks later...

So yeah. As Nai said, I requested to have this moved, as I added the archetype to Duel Portal last night. I removed their support, since that was designed to exist in IRL future Igknight format, and was simply too strong for DP. This leaves the archetype as a rank 4 engine, that has inbuilt removal. 

This really is more of an enabler than a boss. I feel the final boss (Dia/Lilith/Emilia!Sophia style) will be a synchro, but that won't be part of the starting lineup.

Frankly, getting these returned to hand is a lot more difficult than it looks. I will admit, this card breaks the Skull Conductor->East&West play in half, but the other bounce effects really are quite underwhelming.

I will test a bit with it tonight, but you are probably right.

Mist Valley arent terrible, they were pretty strong until Harpie Dancer and her broken combo made them to put "Divine Wind of the Mist Valley" at 1

anyway, the deck looks so good but i think they still need backrow support, tho this deck can be easily put togather with normal DARK zombies and play Dark Simorgh.

the problem i found here is that all the monsters really helps, REALLY.

1 face-up card like Fiendish, the Mist Valley field, an useless CotH , Swords of Revealing, Vanity's and stuff can be easily recycled like MV does~

i think this is a MV deck with other Type and less field reliant, but still needs the field to work like they should do.

Archived