Seraph of the End

72506l.jpg

One day, a mysterious virus appeared on Earth which killed every infected human over the age of 13. At the same time, vampires emerged from the world's dark recesses and enslaved mankind. Enter Hyakuya Yuuichirou, a young boy, who along with the rest of the children from his orphanage, are treated as livestock by the vampires. Even in captivity, Yuuichirou dreams big. He dreams of killing vampires. He dreams of killing them all.

It's never a happy episode when 8 minutes from the end you ask yourself, "I wonder how many of them will die in the next 5 minutes?" Interesting first episode, gives me some Attack on Titan vibes.

[spoiler=Ep 1. Thoughts]Everything about the first ~5-10 minutes of the episode was just screaming death flags. Also I'm like 99% certain Mika isn't dead, not sure about the rest of them. Nothing really happened that made me feel attached to any of them except for Akane a tiny bit but oh well.[/spoiler]

I don't have a subscription on Funimation, so I've only just seen the first episode. I've read the first couple chapters of the manga before this, and I really like how the first episode went down. I agree that most of the characters felt like fodder for Yuichiro, but I do like him as a hero so far, which to me is what helps carry a show.

• 2 weeks later...

wow I got so hyped I accidentally read all the chapters now I'm on the crazy cliffhanger

Yeah its like watching Attack on Titan grow all over again, only this time I feel like they fucked the art a bit. I honestly liked the shading/gradient style the manga had but its completely gone in this adaption. Love the opening to death though.

• 3 weeks later...

So maybe Guren isn't as much of a douche as I originally thought. On a different note, the music was pretty sweet this episode. Apart from that, everything else was just the normal cliche action that I'd expect from this series.

Archived