Giga's Generic Vault

(GigaDrillBreaker)

Common way to summon this - 
Dionaea -> Myrmeleo

Summoning a rank 4 is a plus 1 at this point.
Then you summon your rank 4, who is a 2.4k (strong body) potential +2 that recurs any trap. Additionally, when it leaves the field (THE BEST KIND OF REACTIVE FLOAT IN THE GAME) you special summon a traptrix from grave, aka, POTENTIALLY ITSELF (HOORAY LOOPS) OR DIONAEA (WOW I LOVE FREE TRAPS) OR MYRMELEO (I LIKE KILLING MY OPPONENTS TRAPS FOR FREE). 

In what possible way is this balanced?

You are saying this as if traptrix are a powerful deck. They really aren't. You are correct, the float effect should not be able to summon itself, that was a mistake I made. Anyway, if this is not used in a dedicated Traptrix deck, its float effect does nothing, and recurring NORMAL traps once per turn, off of a rank 4 that requires a specific type, really is not broken. In a traptrix deck, it is more likely to have a target, but still. the card isn't broken in any way.

The float effect actually allows it to float itself. Indestructability! Hurray! Even if it couldn't float itself, it can still grab Myrmeleo a good amount of the time ... which is very powerful as a float.

There are many very good Normal Traps, especially because this is Duel Portal. The card thus offers a +2 over 2 turns, and it's not an irrelevant +1 either; Traps are typically guaranteed to trade 141 for resources, which is generally fine because they are not particularly easy to reuse or search or arm yourself with a plethora of. This card ... well, I think you can see where I'm going with this.

Archived