FⓍrget What YⓍu See [Giga's Archetypes: Forgotten]

(GigaDrillBreaker)

Time for something a little creepier, and a little crazier. Forgotten monsters basically banish for profit, and after ranking up a few times, can pull incredible wins.

[spoiler=Main Deck Monsters]

[spoiler=Forgotten Archivist]

9gyWKPa.jpg?1

If this card is banished: Draw 1 card, then banish 1 card from your hand. You can only activate this effect of "Forgotten Archivist" once per turn. An Xyz Monster that was Summoned using this card as an Xyz Material gains this effect:
- If it is Xyz Summon: Draw 2 Cards, then banish 2 cards from your hand.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Forgotten Hound]

ighCncc.jpg?1

Cannot be used as a Synchro or Xyz Material, except for the Summon of a LIGHT Fairy-Type monster. If you control a LIGHT Fairy-Type monster: Banish 1 monster from your deck; Special Summon this monster from your hand.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Forgotten Liege]

sSOPOet.jpg?1

Cannot be used as a Synchro or Xyz Material, except for the Summon of a LIGHT Fairy-Type monster. You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by banishing 1 monster from your hand, field, or Graveyard.An Xyz Monster that was Summoned using this card as an Xyz Material gains this effect:

- You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Add 1 "Forgotten" card from your deck to your hand.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Forgotten Phrenologist]

96Zbggd.jpg?1

This monster can be treated as 2 materials for the Xyz Summon of a LIGHT Fairy-Type Xyz monster. If this card is used as an Xyz MAterial: Banish 1 card from your hand. If this card that was attached to a monster you control would be sent to the graveyard because it was detached: Banish it instead.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Xyz Monsters]

[spoiler=Forgotten Watchman]

luqybH8.jpg?1

2 Level 4 monsters

You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this monster to activate 1 of the following:
(1): Look at your opponent's hand.
(2): Look at each face-down card your opponent controls.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Forgotten Vizier]

Y6P6dyV.jpg?1

3 Level 5 Fairy-Type monsters

When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can attach any number of your banished Fairy-Type monsters to it as Xyz Materials. You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card; Your opponent banishes 1 card from their hand. You can 1 Xyz Material from this card; Each player banishes the top card of their deck.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Forgotten Zealot]

0RPpb8z.jpg?1

4 Level 6 Fairy-Type monsters

When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can attach any number of your banished Fairy-Type monsters to it as Xyz Material. This card gains 200 ATK for each Xyz material attached to it. Once per turn: You can detach any number of Xyz Material from this card; Your opponent banishes that many cards they control/in their hand. Your opponent takes no damage for the rest of this turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Forgotten Mindslicer]

3ArXksX.jpg?1

4 Level 6 Fairy-Type monsters

When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can attach any number of your banished Fairy-Type monsters to it as Xyz Material. During either player's turn, when a card or effect is activate that targets this face-up card: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate the activation, and if you do banish that card. You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Your opponent banishes the top 2 cards of their deck.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Spell Cards]

[spoiler=Rank-Up-Magic Forgotten Force]

i8dPycs.jpg?1

Target 1 face-up Xyz Monster you control without any Xyz Materials; Special Summon, from your Extra Deck, 1 Xyz monster with the same Type as that monster but 1 Rank higher, by using it as the Xyz Material. (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon. Xyz Materials attached to it also become Xyz Materials on the Summon monster.) During your Standby Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard, you can Banish 1 monster card from your hand; add this card from your Graveyard to your hand.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I plan for them to have DP storyline relevance, as an ancient force that resurfaces to battle the coming negators. Any advice or criticism is welcome.

The archtype in general need more work, i dont see the main strategy
Th Rank-up magic is toooooo good! But i dont understand the effect of "Xyz Materials attached to it also become Xyz Materials on the Summon monster"
Why u put this if this card's target is no XYZ materia XYZ xD

The archtype in general need more work, i dont see the main strategy
Th Rank-up magic is toooooo good! But i dont understand the effect of "Xyz Materials attached to it also become Xyz Materials on the Summon monster"
Why u put this if this card's target is no XYZ materia XYZ xD

That is what we call an oversight while copying OCG. And, to be totally, honest, I don't think it is that amazing, considering that Astral force is in no such way OP.

And the main strategy is banishbanishbanishbanishbanishbanishbanishbanishbanishbanishbanishbanishbanishbanishLOLZEALOT.

Any with Silent Honors or any other Rank-Up deck

As an experienced rank-up player (rank-up hunders was my jam, you could probably find my build if you dug deep enough). This card is vastly inferior to, y'know, Limited Barians Force. Or Quick Chaos. Between which you want a max of 4 copies. 

Also, I just added a third boss monster that cements this as a dedicated mill deck.

The Rank-Up's need upper limits to how many you can attach, AND OPT clauses on their hand-destruction effects. They're just nuts right now; WAY too good. Vizier and Zealot are complete BS without any form of targeting or destruction, and looking at a lot of these cards are COMPLETELY capable of completely wiping away everything your opponent has in one fell swoop and force them to scoop with a single card. The engine itself is like Mechanicas sending stuff to the grave, except way faster and with an internal draw engine. There are too many ways to abuse those ranked-up Xyz's, and even just one of them can completely ruin your opponent if they aren't lucky enough to happen to have something like Breakthrough Skill on the field. They NEED to be reworked with limitations.

The Rank-Up's need upper limits to how many you can attach, AND OPT clauses on their hand-destruction effects. They're just nuts right now; WAY too good. Vizier and Zealot are complete BS without any form of targeting or destruction, and looking at a lot of these cards are COMPLETELY capable of completely wiping away everything your opponent has in one fell swoop and force them to scoop with a single card. The engine itself is like Mechanicas sending stuff to the grave, except way faster and with an internal draw engine. There are too many ways to abuse those ranked-up Xyz's, and even just one of them can completely ruin your opponent if they aren't lucky enough to happen to have something like Breakthrough Skill on the field. They NEED to be reworked with limitations.

See, this is what people should complain about. The xyz are, indeed, bonkers. I very well may remove zealot completely, to be perfectly honest. I will put a OPT on Vizier's discard, but the mill will stay unlimited, as it is a way to ditch materials so it can rank up.

Archived