[Archetype] Helicrons, Break of the Dawn

BatMed

[spoiler="Normal Monsters"]
[spoiler="Helicron Swift Paladin"]
helicron_swift_paladin_by_batmed-d8rrpxz

**Lore:
With every battle, I grow stronger. The taste of victory is the only reminder I have that I am alive. Through victory I shall grasp even greater glory!

[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Helicron Paladin"]
helicron_paladin_by_batmed-d8pxrdc.png

**Flavor Text:
An elite knight of the standing army. He is a close friend and confidant to the great King of Noble Knights, Artorigus.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Effect Monsters"]
[spoiler="Helicron Ironhammer"]
helicron_ironhammer_by_batmed-d8q25aa.pn

**Effect:
If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card inflicted battle damage to your opponent's Life Points: You can Special Summon 1 “Helicron” Normal monster from your hand or Deck.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Helicron Maiden Warrior"]
helicron_maiden_warrior_by_batmed-d8q26l

**Effect:
When this card is Summoned, you can activate this effect; During the End Phase of this turn, add 1 "Helicron" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate this effect of "Helicron Maiden Warrior" once per turn.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Helicron Swordswoman"]
helicron_swordswoman_by_batmed-d8q27wz.p

**Effect:
When this card is Normal Summoned: You can discard 1 card, then target 1 “Helicron” monster from your Graveyard; Special Summon that target, but it cannot declare an attack this turn. You can only activate this effect of "Helicron Swordswoman" once per turn.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Helicron Regal Saber"]
helicron_regal_saber_by_batmed-d8q4kt5.p

**Effect:
If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). When this card is Tributed for the Tribute Summon of a “Helicron” monster: Special Summon 1 Warrior-Type Normal Monster from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard. You cannot Special Summon monsters during the turn you activate this effect, except Warrior and Dragon-Type monsters. You can only activate this effect of “Helicron Regal Saber” once per turn.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Helicron Savior Paladin "]
helicron_savior_paladin_by_batmed-d8q2bz

**Effect:

When this card is Tribute Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Helicron" Normal Monster monster from your hand or Deck in face-up Defense Position. It is destroyed during the End Phase. If this card is Tribute or Pendulum Summoned; it gains this effect.

● This card is also treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Helicron Paladin of Hope"]
helicron_paladin_of_hope_by_batmed-d8rvh

**Effect:
This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect.
● Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 Normal monster from your hand or Graveyard. When this card leaves the field, destroy all monsters Special Summoned by this effect.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Helicron Savior Dragon"]
helicron_savior_dragon_by_batmed-d8q29w0

**Effect:
If you control 2 or more face-up Warrior-Type monsters; you can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can return 1 face-up “Helicron” card to its owner’s hand, then you can Normal Summon 1 “Helicron” Warrior-Type monster from your hand as an additional Normal Summon. You can only use 1 “Helicron Savior Dragon” effect per turn, and only once that turn.

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Fusion Monsters"]
[spoiler="Helicron Rebellious Knight"]
helicron_rebellious_knight_by_batmed-d8q

**Effect:

2 “Helicron” monsters
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by tributing the above cards you control and cannot be Summoned by other ways. (You do not use "Polymerization".) Once per turn, you can target 1 card you control and 1 card your opponent controls; destroy those targets. You can only control 1 face-up “Helicron Rebellious Knight”.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Helicronus Trumpter Archlord"]
helicronus_trumpter_archlord_by_batmed-d

**Effect:

1 “Helicron” Normal monster + 1 “Helicron” monster
Must be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by tributing the above cards you control and cannot be Summoned by other ways. (You do not use "Polymerization".) You can tribute 1 "Helicron" monster from your hand or your side of the field, then target 1 "Helicron" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target. You can only activate this effect of "Helicronus Trumpeter Archlord" once per turn.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Helicronus Paladin Lord"]
helicronus_paladin_lord_by_batmed-d8qsjk

**Effect:

1 “Helicron” Normal monster + 1 “Helicron” monster
Must be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by tributing the above cards you control and cannot be Summoned by other ways. (You do not use "Polymerization".) Once per turn, you can banish 1 "Helicron" monster in your Graveyard, then target 1 card on the field; destroy that target.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Big Nasty Boss - Supreme Helicronusus of Creation"]
supreme_helicronusus_of_creation_by_batm

**Effect:
1 “Helicron” Dragon-Type monster + 2 “Helicron” Fusion monsters
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above cards you control, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. (You do not use "Polymerization".) When Summoned this way: Special Summon as many of your "Helicron" monsters as possible from your Graveyard, banish them during the End Phase. You can only Special Summon "Supreme Helicronusus of Creation" once per turn this way. During your opponent's End Phase: Shuffle this card into the Extra Deck, and if you do; target 1 card on the field and banish it face-down until your End Phase. You can only control 1 "Supreme Helicronusus of Creation".

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Spell Cards"]
[spoiler="Pure Will of the Helicrons"]
pure_will_of_the_helicrons_by_batmed-d8r

**Effect:
Discard 1 Normal "Helicron" Monster Card; draw 2 cards. You can only activate 1 "Pure Will of the Helicrons” per turn.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Heroism of the Helicron"]
heroism_of_the_helicron_by_batmed-d8qspk

**Effect:
Fusion Summon 1 "Helicron" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, banishing monsters from your hand or your side of the field as Fusion Materials, ignoring its Summoning conditions. You can only activate 1 “Heorism of the Helicron” per turn.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Graceful Aureole of Helicrons"]
graceful_aureole_of_helicrons_by_batmed-

**Effect:
Warrior-Type monsters gain 100 ATK for each face-up monster on the field. If you control no monsters, you can discard 1 monster from your hand, then target 1 LIGHT Warrior or Dragon-Type monster from your Graveyard; Special Summon that target, but its effects are negated. You can send this face-up card to the Graveyard: This turn, if you would Special Summon a "Helicron" monster using its own procedure, you can banish “Helicron” monsters from your Graveyard instead of those you control (or any combination of both). You can only use 1 “Graceful Aureole of Helicrons” effect per turn, and only once that turn.

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Trap Cards"]
[spoiler="Bravery of the Helicron"]
bravery_of_the_helicron_by_batmed-d8rwzp

**Effect:
Activate this card by targeting 1 LIGHT Normal monster in your Deck or Graveyard; Special Summon that target in Defense Position. That target gains 500 ATK. During the End Phase, if you control a monster that is not a "Helicron" monster; Destroy this card. When this card leaves the field, destroy that monster. When that monster leaves the field, destroy this card.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I like the idea, but I don't see enough of a significant strength in the deck to really make me want to run their normal monster engine. Their strengths don't seem apparent, aside from the Field Spell + Contact Fusion effs. I'm not sure how this deck would perform, but perhaps there could be better effs in supporting the normal monster engine for this deck? Otherwise, it's kinda cloggy and slow

I like the idea, but I don't see enough of a significant strength in the deck to really make me want to run their normal monster engine. Their strengths don't seem apparent, aside from the Field Spell + Contact Fusion effs. I'm not sure how this deck would perform, but perhaps there could be better effs in supporting the normal monster engine for this deck? Otherwise, it's kinda cloggy and slow

You actually can run An Unexpected Guy and Tefnuit to speed it the heck up! Together with this and Keeper, you have a decent engine. If you need a monster to rank up into Keeper, Utopia works since it also lets you go into S39: Utopia the Lightning, an Armades that can become 5k ATK. It's definitely not a straightforward Deck, and has some inherent consistency issues with running several engines in 1, but it still is a solid Deck nonetheless. Something to extensively test for sure Deck building wise, lots of opportunity, but the best? That's up to the builder

You actually can run An Unexpected Guy and Tefnuit to speed it the heck up! Together with this and Keeper, you have a decent engine. If you need a monster to rank up into Keeper, Utopia works since it also lets you go into S39: Utopia the Lightning, an Armades that can become 5k ATK. It's definitely not a straightforward Deck, and has some inherent consistency issues with running several engines in 1, but it still is a solid Deck nonetheless. Something to extensively test for sure Deck building wise, lots of opportunity, but the best? That's up to the builder

That something i never liked, use another engine to make a deck work, for someone like me that loves to use pure decks, is kinda lame
Making a Good set with enough cards and still dont see the potential of the Normal Monsters
Maybe if your effects are for normal monster, it can work. Most or it works with any monster of the Archtype, so is basically a other deck with a normal monster kinda like old decks (Gladiator Beast / Dark World / Archfiend)
I really would appreciate if you give to the normal mlnsters more engine and plays

Using other engines to make a deck is perfectly acceptable.

"Pure" decks are generally uninteresting to build and largely predictable. How much variation can you have in a build for tellarknight, for example?

I really like the archetype but I think one of the level 6s could use slightly higher attack or significant stat tweaking, as otherwise their stats are a bit too similar offensively.

That something i never liked, use another engine to make a deck work, for someone like me that loves to use pure decks, is kinda lame
Making a Good set with enough cards and still dont see the potential of the Normal Monsters
Maybe if your effects are for normal monster, it can work. Most or it works with any monster of the Archtype, so is basically a other deck with a normal monster kinda like old decks (Gladiator Beast / Dark World / Archfiend)
I really would appreciate if you give to the normal mlnsters more engine and plays

First off, to take note, I didn't make this archetype I just have been extensively testing it since Bat wanted to play this instead of Darklords in the tournament, but theoretically the Deck wasn't very competitive. Testing proved it to be close, but not quite there, so the idea of the engine came about and will be tested today

That being said, I do see where you are coming from, but I respectfully disagree. Without the Normals, you are stuck with Rebellious Knight and making Rank 4s and 6s, which is nice but that won't win you enough games to call it good. Trumpeter and Paladin Lord on their own are quite good in their own respects, so having the ability to access them is key, which is where Tef and Guy come in. I do agree with Cirrus in that running other engines are much more interesting to build, and after competing in the age of TeleDAD tends to be my stronger preference. While I suppose a more pure Deck would struggle working with them, I personally feel it's hard not to get better than SSing the Normal Monsters straight out of the Deck without potentially breaking the Deck. It could possibly work, but I still feel those 2 will always be the better cards to run no matter what *fair* support is given

First off, to take note, I didn't make this archetype I just have been extensively testing it since Bat wanted to play this instead of Darklords in the tournament, but theoretically the Deck wasn't very competitive. Testing proved it to be close, but not quite there, so the idea of the engine came about and will be tested today

That being said, I do see where you are coming from, but I respectfully disagree. Without the Normals, you are stuck with Rebellious Knight and making Rank 4s and 6s, which is nice but that won't win you enough games to call it good. Trumpeter and Paladin Lord on their own are quite good in their own respects, so having the ability to access them is key, which is where Tef and Guy come in. I do agree with Cirrus in that running other engines are much more interesting to build, and after competing in the age of TeleDAD tends to be my stronger preference. While I suppose a more pure Deck would struggle working with them, I personally feel it's hard not to get better than SSing the Normal Monsters straight out of the Deck without potentially breaking the Deck. It could possibly work, but I still feel those 2 will always be the better cards to run no matter what *fair* support is given

Im that, most of the deck even in the pure form need another engines to work, like Mermails / Shadoll / Lightsworns but what i mean is that the actual deck doesnt really make me use the normals
As your said, i can stack with only Rebelious and XYZ spam rank 4 and will be equal or even more good than a deck playing the Normals
The effect monsters should help or motivate the use of the normal ones, but thats no the case here
Even Artorigus or the Noble was obliterated once the other monsters and support where revealed

Well, I'm working on some new cards to speed up their plays

However, for now, they're pretty solid, Dread told to me some of the combos they can do:

- Unexpected Guy to get swift->NS Maiden->Any Fusion
- Tefnuit->Tribute for Savior->Savior SS Maiden->Tefnuit S S Prime Dragon->Banish Prime + Savior for Trumpeter->Send Maiden for Tefnuit

ty for the back up buddy ^^

"Pure" decks are generally uninteresting to build and largely predictable. How much variation can you have in a build for tellarknight, for example?

I really like the archetype but I think one of the level 6s could use slightly higher attack or significant stat tweaking, as otherwise their stats are a bit too similar offensively.

so, should I make another "different" leve 6 ?!

EDIT:

New Card:

Helicron Paladin of Hope

Pure Will of the Helicrons

Updated:

Helicron Regal Saber

Helicron Irohammer

Helicronus Paladin Lord

Hey! That's offensive to us Tellarknight players (and sadly true)! In all seriousness, yeah I agree. However, if the deck core is interesting mechanically (like Burning Abyss), then it, generally speaking, doesn't need another engine to create variation and player interactivity/creativity. Still agree though

I was strictly taking it as-is in the post as a stand-alone archetype, but I can see the utility in the deck, in how it's splashable with Warrior-Type monsters. Nothing against the deck, I just didn't see the purpose of the Vanilla engine at first glance. Perhaps after seeing the engine in-action, and some other normal support for the deck, then it could be even more potent! I bet a Destiny Draw style spell card for their normal monsters would help out a bundle! The deck has potential, that's for certain. 

Well, no, you have two ... but maybe they shouldn't both have similar stats :v

aaand done ^^ (check out Regal Saber)

I was strictly taking it as-is in the post as a stand-alone archetype, but I can see the utility in the deck, in how it's splashable with Warrior-Type monsters. Nothing against the deck, I just didn't see the purpose of the Vanilla engine at first glance. Perhaps after seeing the engine in-action, and some other normal support for the deck, then it could be even more potent! I bet a Destiny Draw style spell card for their normal monsters would help out a bundle! The deck has potential, that's for certain. 

Well thanks ^^

EDITED:

New Card:

[Trap Card] Bravery of the Helicron

Konami already made a card similar to Bravery, except better: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Soul_Resurrection

Also Call of the Haunted is better than both of those cards, just saying.

eem, I see what u mean

so I guess I will make the monster SS by Bravery's effect immune to the opponent's traps or something like that

'm just sayin, so any thoughts ?!

eem, I see what u mean

so I guess I will make the monster SS by Bravery's effect immune to the opponent's traps or something like that

'm just sayin, so any thoughts ?!

Well, currently I'm testing the deck, and suffice to say I haven't found an outlet to actually plus off the mechanics of the deck. I can provide a build once I'm done testing, but I don't feel my opinion will change much from now. Perhaps the trap could Special Summon from Deck, or some mechanic that doesn't effectively cost a ton of cards to bring out? Also, the deck needs a Lvl. 6 Xyz

I've been talking with The Grandmaster of Darkness regarding your archetype, and after a day of testing, here's what I've come up with. This comes straight from the Conversation I've had with him, so I hope this is helpful to you in further developing this archetype:

[spoiler='Deck Profile']
[spoiler='Image']qiAIJNQ.jpg[/spoiler]
Main Deck:

Normal Monsters (5):

3x Helicron Swift Paladin
1x Helicron Paladin
1x Helicron Prime Dragon

Effect Monsters (12):

3x Helicron Maiden Warrior
3x Helicron Swordswoman
2x Helicron Ironhammer
2x Helicron Regal Saber
1x Helicron Savior Paladin
1x Rescue Rabbit

Spells (19):

3x Reinforcements of the Army3
3x An Unexpected Guy
3x Upstart Goblin
2x Pure Will of the Helicrons
2x Dragon's Mirror
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Foolish Burial
1x Soul Charge
1x Graceful Aureole of the Helicrons
1x Burial from a Different Dimension

Traps (4):

3x Call of the Haunted
1x Oasis of the Dragon Souls

Extra Deck:

Fusion (6):

2x First of the Dragons
1x Helicronus Trumpeter Archlord
1x Helicronus Paladin Lord
1x Helicronus Rebellious Knight
1x Supreme Helicronusus of Creation

Xyz (9):

2x Daigusto Emeral
1x Archlord Keeper of the Divine Knights
1x Constellar Ptolomy M7
1x Inzektor Exa-Beetle
1x Lavalval Chain
1x Castel, the Avian Skyblaster
1x Constellar Omega
1x Sword Mistress of Phantasm
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Feedback'] because you can almost guarantee to have large beaters in your graveyard to use with Exa-Beetle, so he's a go-to for large atk. I have a ton of feedback to make the deck better, but first, I'll explain some of the deck choices. For one, I decided to go with the rank 4 engine because it was the most consistent. I could easily search for the monsters I needed, and almost always guarantee a Rank 4 (albeit, not as effectively as Satellarknights). I also tried to cut down on the Contact Fusion monsters, simply due to them having to Banish instead of Send to Grave. This mechanic is not fitting for the deck, and I would love to see this modified. I actually dislike the Rank 6 engine entirely; takes too much setup, and is not consistent enough to warrent using. I only like it in access to combos w/ other lvl. 4 Helicron effs, but I digress. I feel the issue with the deck is, when it's not consistently recycling its engine w/ Maiden and Swordswoman (Swordswoman SS Maiden, Maiden search Swordswoman), then the deck falls flat. It's tough to say what the deck needs exactly, cause it feels like a mish-mash of different archetypes splashed together into one. The Destiny Draw was a really nice addition, and helped me out a lot in setting up my plays. I would probably change the following:

Contact Fusions should Tribute, not Banish to SS. The deck doesn't have a reliable engine to recover Banished materials, and just doesn't feel worth investing into. However, banishing for those Fusion Summoned monster effs is perfectly ok.
Contact Fusion monsters should not return to Extra Deck during Opponent's End Phase, since they have a single on-summoning eff anyways (just remove the continuous effs preventing destruction/targeting/etc).
There should be an eff monster that SS a Normal from Grave for free; give the deck easier Rank 4 access
The deck needs a Rank 6 for its (mediocre) engine
Savior Paladin should not negate the Summoned monster's effs, should not be restricted to Lvl. 4 monsters, and should have the ability to SS from deck. Right now, he's incredibly underpowered, and giving him a SS from Deck eff for Normals can provide the deck with easy Rank 6 access, while also being somewhat more fair.
Iron Hammer should SS by dealing Battle Damage, not by destroying an Opponent's monster
Paladin of Hope sucks, she's not worth investing 2 turns into. Just take the suggestions made for Savior Paladin, then remove or change Paladin of Hope entirely.
If Heroism of the Hericrons had no OPT restriction, the card would be much better in supporting the explosive Rank 4 style I've incorporated, and have found to be, the most effective build.
Bravery of the Hericrons needs an actual decent Trap.

Basically, I want to see the deck have more of a personality, and be more akin to a specific strength. Is it control? Give it more support to not minus as much to use the Swordswoman/Maiden loop. Is it more atk power/otk? Give it more combo materials to go off. Is it more Fusion-Based? Give the deck more mechanics to support the Fusion Summoning. Is it Xyz Based? Give the deck Xyz Monsters that inherently plus the engine. Basically, the deck has plenty of variety and methods in approaching the builds, but not enough tools to give it an edge over other decks. It has everything, but does everything worse than other decks. In my personal opinion, I'd say support the explosive OTK style with more tools to SS more monsters, while also wasting less resources (example: make Quick Play not OPT, then give them a trap that SS one Normal Monster during Either Player's Turn). This way, the deck has more specific utility catering to a single engine. Noble Knights had this exact same issue with its support; I'd love to see this deck once it has a more precise focus.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Example Support: Rank 4']KGHBeBo.jpg
2 Lvl. 4 Warrior-Type Monsters
When this card is Xyz Summoned; you can Special Summon 1 Normal Warrior-Type monster from your Hand or Graveyard, but it cannot declare an attack this Turn. Once per Turn, you can Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Add 1 "Helicron" monster from your Deck to your Hand. During the End Phase, if this effect was activated: Banish 1 Warrior-Type monster in your Graveyard, otherwise, Destroy this Card. [/spoiler]

Can i ask for some banished support? I have a build in mind using Lightray support, but getting them from banished seems pretty hard to do so

Lightray Sorcerer, Light of Redemption, and Archlord Keeper of the Divine Knights would be the main ones. It was changed tho to be Tributing instead of banishing by suggestion of Major. A bit of changes are being done and tested actually. DP has the current version

Lightray Sorcerer, Light of Redemption, and Archlord Keeper of the Divine Knights would be the main ones. It was changed tho to be Tributing instead of banishing by suggestion of Major. A bit of changes are being done and tested actually. DP has the current version

yeah, but i think i guess i can do some things with Grepher and spam the field and grave

After testing them, i just have 1 conclusion~

Put some level Restriction on the Swordman and Trumpeter eff... i can Spam the field with ease with those monsters...

Part of it might be that Savior Paladin was (A mishap on my part that I recently discovered) originally off any summon cause the effect was rather meh, but it probably should only go off on Tribute Summon now. Also, how exactly are you spamming with those two without losing severe hand advantage? Something tells me it correlates to that, otherwise I really don't see where you are going with this

Well, i once Summoned Swordman , Triggering it effects to Summon Savior Paladin, Banishing a Normal to destroy, also activating my Chaos Zone to Summon the normal, Fuse into Trumpeter, Tribute Savior to Summon Itself and banish a dragon normal, change field and summon the Boss Dragon one for a game

Well, i once Summoned Swordman , Triggering it effects to Summon Savior Paladin, Banishing a Normal to destroy, also activating my Chaos Zone to Summon the normal, Fuse into Trumpeter, Tribute Savior to Summon Itself and banish a dragon normal, change field and summon the Boss Dragon one for a game

Where is this "Banishing a Normal to destroy" part coming from. Also how the heck did you get 4 or 6 counters on Chaos Zone from to SS the Normal? Also, the Fusions now tribute instead of banish to summon, so yeah. Until I see this for myself, I will assume this doesn't work

Archived