Marvel's Avengers (The Second One)

Went and saw yesterday. It was great. You should all go see it.

[spoiler='Super Mega Ultra Spoiler']>Quicksilver dies

>Trying not cry over Quicksilver dying

>Does it anyway[/spoiler]

[spoiler=On that...(ULTRA HUGE SPOILERS TOO OFC)]

Quicksilver's death would've made me cry...

If it wasn't for the fact I was super dumb. I falsely remembered he showed up at the end of GoTG as part of The Collector's, er, Collection, but now I remember it was the post-credit scene for Iron Man 3 (or Thor, couldn't remember), and that they were in the HYDRA lab, not The Collector's place. Basically, got my timeline mixed up and thought he survived. But apparently not.

RIP Quicksilver

Press F to pay respects

[/spoiler]

Tony Stark and Thor are still the best written characters in the Marvel Universe. They're one-liners are so amazing and so perfectly executed. I was sad that [spoiler='Spoiler']they didn't explore the female Assassin's past during the whole mind-warp thing with Black Widow (can't remember her name at the moment) but that was my only personal gripe with the movie. That and the Hulk being such a whiny guilty panzy about everything.[/spoiler] The twins were the best well-written bad good guys that I've seen, and Ultron is definitely the best well-written villain I've seen in a while. He's witty and sarcastic, not normally what you'd expect from a villain. Sure, he's still cliche'd, but Ultron does it differently in a way that you don't normally see in a blockbuster film.

• 2 weeks later...

Went and saw it last weekend... I enjoyed it! I had to see it as a fan of cinema, not a fan of comics, otherwise I'd never be happy. There were a few things here and there that had me raising an eyebrow, but I'm willing to leave that be.

Glad to see Stan the Man still showing face!

• 2 weeks later...

Seen it three times and I gotta say, best movie so far, though my problem with it is they steered away from the comics TOO much.

Most people know that movies and comics dont follow the exact same story and continuity blah blah blah... but still... too much was away.

[spoiler=HUGH SPOILER]

Now in the movie, they only showed 4 of the 6 infinity stones. Thor mentioned the 6 infinity stones, why not show them all.

Cap could not lift Thors hammer, while in the comic, he can.

Vision could lift the hammer in the movie, in the comics he can not.

Vision had the mind gem, who previously belonged to Loki. In the comics it is not. If I remember correct, In-Betweener has it in comics, or the runner or the collector. Vision has just a jewel powered by the sun.

Ultron was a dissapointment. Expected greater things from him, considering he is superior in every way (over avengers and most Hulk and Thor level characters) in the comics. He was too weak in the movie.

I personally dont like QS but he was okay in the movie. Still didn't like him. Same with Scarlet Witch. Liked her in the old commics, not the newer ones. She was so far from as good as she is in the comics.

Hulk was probably what pissed me off the most. Only good Hulk scene was Hulk vs Hulkbuster. Rest I feel he was not needed. Except for the last fight with Ultron.

[/spoiler]

Now I could go on more about flaws I find in the movie, but I feel the post will be too long to reply to so I gonna leave that for another time.

Movie is fantastic, i've seen it thrice!  Ultron is a great villain and he comes off as the darker version of tony starks vision, not to mention his charm and charisma were off the charts.  But the mad titan brought up points that i wanna address, cause as we all know, the MCU is a multiverse, and the movies have creative differences just like each different Earth in the Marvel Universe

[Spoiler= Spoiler Warning, spoiling the spoilers]

The Mad Titan's Terrible Movie Critiquing Skills:

Now in the movie, they only showed 4 of the 6 infinity stones. Thor mentioned the 6 infinity stones, why not show them all. (Because we don't know where they are, or who has them...why spoil that?)

Cap could not lift Thors hammer, while in the comic, he can. (He budged it...maybe this cap isn't a worthy captain america to lift the hammer all the way.)

Vision could lift the hammer in the movie, in the comics he can not. (They made a point to where the vision can lift the hammer due to him being artificial and not human, so the spell of the hammer doesn't affect him.  I thought it was pretty cool.)

Vision had the mind gem, who previously belonged to Loki. In the comics it is not. If I remember correct, In-Betweener has it in comics, or the runner or the collector. Vision has just a jewel powered by the sun. (Why talk about the comics when this is clearly the cinematic universe?  Creative differences are better this way in my opinion, since we can't predict what is where and who has what.  Although giving an infinity gem to vision to power him makes a bunch more sense than a jewel seeing as how much power the vision would need to operate, and solar power isn't advanced enough at the moment to gather so much light energy in such a small space.)

Ultron was a dissapointment. Expected greater things from him, considering he is superior in every way (over avengers and most Hulk and Thor level characters) in the comics. He was too weak in the movie. (Not true at all, Ultron has never been as strong as thor or hulk in the comics.  I don't know where you're getting this info from.  Ultron has numbers and hacking abilities to level the playing field with the avengers.  I also think he's the greatest marvel villain up to date!  James Spaders voice casting was also amazing!  Such a strong presence, every scene with him was memorable and made my skin tingle from his voice which went from playful to dark and brooding the next second.)

I personally dont like QS but he was okay in the movie. Still didn't like him. Same with Scarlet Witch. Liked her in the old commics, not the newer ones. She was so far from as good as she is in the comics.  (That's your opinion and i won't dispute that.  I personally love the twins, QS was funny and he had good chemistry with Hawkeye and his sister.  SW was fun too, showing all her emotion and choosing to be on the good side.)

Hulk was probably what pissed me off the most. Only good Hulk scene was Hulk vs Hulkbuster. Rest I feel he was not needed. Except for the last fight with Ultron.  (Wouldn't be the Avengers without hulk.  I love that they give Mark Ruffalo some more screen time!  He's one of my all time favorite actors.  And hulk was only in three scenes [Bunker Bust/Hulkbuster Fight/End Fight].  Saying 1/3 of those fights made you not like hulk is a little odd.)

[/spoiler]

As a man who uses Thanos as his screen name, I would expect more of a sensible critique.  

• 3 weeks later...

Movie is fantastic, i've seen it thrice!  Ultron is a great villain and he comes off as the darker version of tony starks vision, not to mention his charm and charisma were off the charts.  But the mad titan brought up points that i wanna address, cause as we all know, the MCU is a multiverse, and the movies have creative differences just like each different Earth in the Marvel Universe

[spoiler= Spoiler Warning, spoiling the spoilers]

The Mad Titan's Terrible Movie Critiquing Skills:

Now in the movie, they only showed 4 of the 6 infinity stones. Thor mentioned the 6 infinity stones, why not show them all. (Because we don't know where they are, or who has them...why spoil that?)

Cap could not lift Thors hammer, while in the comic, he can. (He budged it...maybe this cap isn't a worthy captain america to lift the hammer all the way.)

Vision could lift the hammer in the movie, in the comics he can not. (They made a point to where the vision can lift the hammer due to him being artificial and not human, so the spell of the hammer doesn't affect him.  I thought it was pretty cool.)

Vision had the mind gem, who previously belonged to Loki. In the comics it is not. If I remember correct, In-Betweener has it in comics, or the runner or the collector. Vision has just a jewel powered by the sun. (Why talk about the comics when this is clearly the cinematic universe?  Creative differences are better this way in my opinion, since we can't predict what is where and who has what.  Although giving an infinity gem to vision to power him makes a bunch more sense than a jewel seeing as how much power the vision would need to operate, and solar power isn't advanced enough at the moment to gather so much light energy in such a small space.)

Ultron was a dissapointment. Expected greater things from him, considering he is superior in every way (over avengers and most Hulk and Thor level characters) in the comics. He was too weak in the movie. (Not true at all, Ultron has never been as strong as thor or hulk in the comics.  I don't know where you're getting this info from.  Ultron has numbers and hacking abilities to level the playing field with the avengers.  I also think he's the greatest marvel villain up to date!  James Spaders voice casting was also amazing!  Such a strong presence, every scene with him was memorable and made my skin tingle from his voice which went from playful to dark and brooding the next second.)

I personally dont like QS but he was okay in the movie. Still didn't like him. Same with Scarlet Witch. Liked her in the old commics, not the newer ones. She was so far from as good as she is in the comics.  (That's your opinion and i won't dispute that.  I personally love the twins, QS was funny and he had good chemistry with Hawkeye and his sister.  SW was fun too, showing all her emotion and choosing to be on the good side.)

Hulk was probably what pissed me off the most. Only good Hulk scene was Hulk vs Hulkbuster. Rest I feel he was not needed. Except for the last fight with Ultron.  (Wouldn't be the Avengers without hulk.  I love that they give Mark Ruffalo some more screen time!  He's one of my all time favorite actors.  And hulk was only in three scenes [bunker Bust/Hulkbuster Fight/End Fight].  Saying 1/3 of those fights made you not like hulk is a little odd.)

As a man who uses Thanos as his screen name, I would expect more of a sensible critique.  

Well, I only have a few things to say, and many of it may come in disorder from the previous things I wrote. I do like the Hulk/Bruce and I feel his story was a little on the sidelines to the others. He should have been in more scenes as the Hulk. And the ones with Bruce Banner is kind of the things in the movie that I liked the least.

Well, the Vision having the Mind Gem didn't make any sense at all. He should have been able to defeat Ultron way easier than he did in the movie. It is, as said in the movie, all powerful sort of. Also, him being artificial is not really the problem here. He lifting the Hammer has nothing to do with being a living creature or artificial. If it was, Iron Man should be able to lift the hammer while in his armor.

Also, love SW in the older comics. Not a fan of her in the new comics. She was the one lovable of the two Twins in the movie. QS was better than in the comics, but still not like him in the movie.

Well, Cap not being able to lift the hammer didn't bother me that much, just pointing out what I felt was wrong with the movie.

It strayed too far from comics. This is what DC has over Marvel that makes them more relatable to the comics who I love.

This movie was pretty good. I thought it was funny how Quicksilver and Scarlet were in it and because DC owns the term "Mutant" they have to say "Oh they were genetic experements that..mutated their dna."

Other than that I hope that they do not make a Infinity Gauntlet move. It would not work period because of how Marvel makes these movies.

This movie was pretty good. I thought it was funny how Quicksilver and Scarlet were in it and because DC owns the term "Mutant" they have to say "Oh they were genetic experements that..mutated their dna."

Other than that I hope that they do not make a Infinity Gauntlet move. It would not work period because of how Marvel makes these movies.

Not DC.  Fox.  ie: the X-Men movies.  

I enjoyed Age of Ultron quite a bit. James Spader played a charismatic Ultron, the comedy was on-point for the most part and the action was amazing. I wasn't disappointed by a single fight, from what I remember.

I liked learning a little more about Black Widow and Hawkeye too. Yfw his wife was Velma from Scooby Doo.

Overall, I liked this move about the same as Avengers 1. 

Archived