Next Anime Series I Should Complete?

I've been having trouble deciding which of these to prioritize. I had like seven episodes left of Gantz, but the I finished the original Fullmetal Alchemist anime series. So...if you can tell me things (good or bad) about each of these, that'd be great. But picking a few from this list would help a lot too.

1. Great Teacher Onizuka (43)
2. From the New World (25)
3. Parasyte -The Maxim- (24)
4. Toradora! (25)
5. Gantz (26)
6. Neon Genesis Evangelion (26)
7. Ergo Proxy (23)
8. Casshern Sins (24)
9. Trigun (26)
10. Kids on the Slope (12)
11. Serial Experiments Lain (13)
12. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (50)
13. Zankyou no Terror (11)
14. Psycho Pass (22)
15. Elfen Lied (13)
16. Mahou Shoujotai (40)
17. Gungrave (26)
18. Higurashi: When They Cry (50)
19. Paranoia Agent (13)
20. Owari no Seraph (Ongoing)

I think giving my list of favorite anime would help a lot:

1. Monster
2. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
3. Steins;Gate
4. Welcome to the NHK!
5. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
6. Yu Yu Hakusho
7. Berserk
8. Fullmetal Alchemist
9. Cowboy Bebop
10. Kill La Kill

I would recommend Parasyte and Trigun, from among those. Both are all-around quality works.

Parasyte is a horror-ish genre, which is rare recently, but the execution of it is spectacular.

Trigun is good old-fashioned anime. Nice action, good humor, and includes one of my favorite main characters.

I would recommend Parasyte and Trigun, from among those. Both are all-around quality works.

Parasyte is a horror-ish genre, which is rare recently, but the execution of it is spectacular.

Trigun is good old-fashioned anime. Nice action, good humor, and includes one of my favorite main characters.

Cowboy Bebop is one of my favorite anime. Would I enjoy Trigun in a similar fashion?

I vouch for the quality of Psycho-Pass (saw it a couple of months ago and it's alread an all-time favorite of mine), Trigun, Evangelion, Shinsekai Yori and Zankyou no Terror. All great stuff.

To a lesser extent, but still pretty damn good, Paranoia Agent, Higurashi, Toradora and Elfen Lied are very recommendable.

Never saw the anime adaptation, but you can't get it wrong with JoJo's.

GTO, Evangelion and Trigun are all classics which I highly recommend. 

As for the other stuff: Shinsekai yori, Parasyte, Toradora!, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Psycho-Pass, Zankyou no Terror are all pretty good watches in my opinion. I also enjoyed Elfen Lied but I can see why not everyone would.

I do kinda want to know why Parasyte is so well-received. And I enjoy darker and more psychological stuff. Although, I'm pretty varied in what I watch. I actually don't think I've ever fully completed a comedy anime... Also, I've added my top ten favorite anime in the very first post of this topic.

As long as you were enjoying it and are close(r?) to finishing Gantz, I'd say don't waste too much time, at least one would be out of the way pretty easily and yeah, you hopefully would have enjoyed it. But onto what I actually have experience with. Psycho-Pass is pretty good and fits damn well with your mentioned tastes, but I would say that Urobuchi not writing the script for the sequel was a bad idea, and it ended up pretty lackluster as a result. 

The rest I'll just list as what I've seen (think highly of all the 4 of them) that I think suits you best-worst from what little I know of you:

From the New World

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

GTO

Toradora!

2. From the New World (25)
6. Neon Genesis Evangelion (26)
14. Psycho Pass (22)

You seem to like stuff that makes you think and has layers to them, so I'm recommending these 3 from your list.

From the New World is universally praised from what I've seen and it's an interesting, dark fantasy that has a lot of mystery and intrigue in its plot, which is one of the best around.

Evangelion's a staple and one pretty much most anime fans should see at some point. Has good action, there's a lot of character dissection to be had, and plenty of mindfuckery to go around.

You'll like Psycho Pass if you liked Ghost in the Shell. They're pretty similar shows, though Psycho Pass has a different sort of edge to its atmosphere. Don't expect much from the 2nd season.

Serial Experiments Lain might be a bit too deep for you, it really depends on how much you like theories on existentialism and if youre okay with a purely open interpretation and surreal series.

Evangelion is a classic and my personal favorite series of all, its very psychological and philosophical, the only flaw i can think of that EVA has is how the religious symbolism means nothing, though even then it adds a really nice atmosphere to the show. its plot and story are all all quite complex too, filled with characters whose emotions are deeply analyzed, heads up on the love-it or hate-it ending. personally i liked it, but felt that it was a bit anti-climatic.

Parasyte is really good if youre a fan of The Thing style horror, it really pays homage to that style very well while adding new things to the style as well.

Terror is an alright show, im kinda middle of the road with it. it starts out really good but it gets pretty meh near the end. its not a bad series though its not one that i would personally recommend.

Elfen Lied is horrible, just honestly one of the worst things ive seen, its pointlessly edgy and filled with bad romance, annoying and ungodly characters,stupidity all around and not a single thing about it is likable.

Higurashi is really meh, not much interesting goes on, its just one of those sort of horror series that tries way too hard to be shocking to the point of where its plain and bland.

never watched Trigun or JoJo but i know that both are highly well received

Archived