YCM Waifu Wars! FINAL!

Nicο

16 members have voted

1. 1. Sayaka vs. Karen

• Sayaka Miki (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
    • Karen Kujou (Kiniro Mosaic)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again: an ally of justice that didn't do justice for sheet, especially since she refused to fight actual Witches. It's like saying a corrupt policeman is a hero because he's a policeman, doesn't matter he's beating his wife and kids and taking bribes under the desk. An ally of justice nonetheless!

Sometimes I wonder whether it's incompetency on the writers' side, or maybe pure brilliance, that people somehow end up loving one of the most negative characters in the entire series. Even Kyoko who was a total arrogant ass at the beginning didn't end up doing as much bad as Sayaka did, to both herself and people around.

It's not even about who is better than Sayaka because EVERYONE IS. Don't get me started on the non-magical girl things as well. "Waaaaah, my life is so horrible, she's gonna steal my boyfriend because I don't have enough balls to confess, brb gonna cry out to Madoka because I'm too much of a pussy to actually make a move ;w;".

And if you don't judge by character, then by what? "Don't worry Sayaka, doesn't matter you made all your friends nearly hate you and almost killed them all, you have blue hair and suffer, only that counts, cuddlecuddle <3"?

As a character Sayaka is pretty decent but as a person she is terrible. She was well written and I like her for that reason, not how she acts as a person. I know nothing about Karen as I still need to finish watching Kirno Mosaic.

The only reason I voted for Sayaka besides I only know her was that I like the way she was handled in the anime. They made a character which is easy to hate because of the way she acts, sort of like Micchi from KR Gaim, a well written character but a terrible person.

"Don't worry Sayaka, doesn't matter you made all your friends nearly hate you and almost killed them all, you have blue hair and suffer, only that counts, cuddlecuddle <3"

Do remind me when that was, because I've forgotten entirely about it

Also, I'm getting a strong urge to go into detail why I think Sayaka's a brilliant character, but I'll spare people the rant since it's uncalled for.

"Waaaaah, my life is so horrible, she's gonna steal my boyfriend because I don't have enough balls to confess, brb gonna cry out to Madoka because I'm too much of a pussy to actually make a move ;w;".

Well if you don't sympathize with her drama at all then sure, we can just leave me liking Sayaka as because:

"you have blue hair and suffer, only that counts, cuddlecuddle <3"

I don't see anything suggesting you can't. Even if I don't like your opinion, all I can do is say I don't like it.

But, the reason for me liking a character won't necessarily be the same reason for which everyone else likes the same character. Saying something like

You guys have incredibly low standards

as a plural instead of referring to only me is a little distasteful, or so I find.

But I wasn't refering specifically to you, only everyone who likes Sayaka. And you said me to "leave you liking Sayaka", which I never implied you're not allowed to do. I have an irk with the character and wonder how can others like her, not saying no one can like her.

She turned into a witch due to her soul crystal getting tarnished because she tenaciously refused killing Witches and/or accepting Grief Seeds from Kyoko.

She didnt refuse killing witches, she refused using Grief Seeds to purify her Soul Gem. And her reason for doing so was viewing the act as selfish (Using others for your own personal gain), particularly so after Kyoko told her she shouldnt kill familiars but instead let the familiar kill someone, so it turns into a witch, and then kill it to get the Grief Seed.

With her strong sense of justice and wanting to be a good person, Sayaka couldnt allow herself to take benefit from someone elses death, and Grief Seeds meant just that.

People have died to create the witch that left it. Lives have been cut short, because she didnt do her job good enough. Her life, as far as she was concerned was already over. She was all but litterally a Lich, and she knew deep down the reason she accepted the contract was that she was selfish, and dedicating her life to fighting witches and familiars was her way to come to terms with it.

And lets not forget that at that point, Kyubei still hadnt revealed that unless you repeatedly purify your Soul Gem, you'll turn into a witch.

She did not know what was going to happen, for all she knew maybe she'd just die, and as far as I'm concerned, the witch is basicly a sepparate entity (It even has a name!), based on the fact that I think in a spinoff where she gets revived, she remembers nothing about becomming a witch, and even if she does remember it, her witch is a entity consumed by hate, pain, and despair. Do you think it would be concerned about friendship?

But it still wasnt actively evil.

The main reason Oktavia even attacked her friends to begin with was because they disturbed her music

I cant find the specific description where I remember them pointing it out, but this is almost as good (and it's a canon)

The mermaid witch; it is in her nature to fall in love. Looking for the feeling that moved her so long ago, she moves with the entire concert hall. Her fortune only turns under the weight of memories and no longer moves toward the future. Nothing will reach her any longer. She will come to know nothing more. She simply allows no one to disturb her minions' playing.[/size]

And regardless, she's at best 14 years old. How smart were you at that age. Now try to imagine your 14 year old self put in  the same situation as Sayaka. The way she acted isnt that unreasonable, am I right?

If it's still worth mentioning at that point, I'll give you all exactly why I think Sayaka's a brilliant character in another post.

Well before this final, I was going to quit after this whole thing regardless of the outcome, but then I remembered I'll come back regardless. 

DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE ME

*ahem*

Really? Low standards because I like Sayaka? Okay, good to know, thanks.

Also just saying, comparing Sayaka to a corrupt cop who hurts his family because she makes some dumb choices is fairly disgusting.

"She's gonna steal my boyfriend because I don't have the balls to confess"

It's like we watched an entirely different show.

But no, I am not replying anymore about this discussion after this, because it's completely ridiculous you're so adamant about what character other people like.

also I remember I didn't particularly like Homura

There are only two Madoka characters I have opinions on, Madoka and Sayaka. As I said in an earlier post she was a well written character but is easy to hate as a person from how she acted but she is 14 who doesn't want to rely on others. If she knew she would have become a witch she probably would have used grief seeds but then nothing would have set her apart from the others.

Madoka on the other hand is just there for the most part. She doesn't really do anything until the final episode which doesn't sit well with me. If your name is in the title and are a main character you should do something. I wouldn't have this problem if she was t in a Magical Girl anime. She is useless until she knows re whole truth and promptly becomes all powerful and sort of mucks up the timeline. If she makes all witches in the past, present and future non-existent how would she end up in that situation in the first place. Homura wouldn't be jumping through the timeline as Madoka wouldn't have died in other timelines as witches wouldn't of existed so the whole anime sort of nulls itself. Anyway rant over.

The point is like or hate her Sayaka is a well written character but a terrible human until you start think what happens after the timeline is messed up (Haven't seen the movies so can't say if this is addressed.)

Sayaka's post-Madokami fate is addressed in Rebellion.  Which you need to go watch if you haven't already.  Go do it.  Now.  And I never thought I'd meet somebody who felt exactly the same way I do about Madoka.

I'll go watch it in a hour or so when my internet lets me watch stuff on my phone again.

Archived