Dark Souls III

Shradow

It's looking really good. Aesthetically I'm reminded some of Demon's Souls combined with Dark Souls, and I like the faster paced combat. I'm glad Miyazaki will be directing this one, too.

Also, look at the upper left corner. Sunbros!

• 8 months later...

So the game's been out for a little over a week outside of Japan and I really wanted to discuss some things so I'm going ahead and bringing back this old thread I made.

[spoiler=So I just beat the Nameless King]So we finally figured out who Gwyn's firstborn son was. "The Nameless King was once a dragon-slaying god of war, before he sacrificed everything to ally himself with the ancient dragons." Remember that Gwyn's firstborn was a god of war who was stripped from history, and we now know the reason is because he sided with the dragons.

Currently like halfway through I guess? Not entirely sure, but I feel substatially through the game. Absolutely loving the game thus far, with maybe one exception;

[spoiler=Rant time]

Of all that is holy, why the funk do the Pyromancer knights in the Boreal Valley have like unlimited range attacks that don't even require vision? The first one felt like such bullshit if you were going for a pure melee build... Makes my blood boil and such and such and such

Playing it mostly blind has been a wonderful expierence thus far though. Makes me wish I had done so for the other games. 

I'm going to hate myself for awhile, I'm up to the final boss but before I fight him I'm going to finish getting all the spell and ring rewards from covenants, which freaking sucks because farming for the covenant items is hard and getting summoned to get them normally is even harder.

EDIT: Oh sheet for the ring achievement you need all normal, +1, and +2 versions. Shiiiiit.

TFW almost up to NG++. I've been funking gunning through this game. Having so much fun. Would do more PvP, although Greatshield + Estoc meta is kinda annoying to deal with for my main (which is a pyromancer) Plus, my SL is at around 150 so I can barely find anyone to invade or invade me.

Started a Strength character yesterday, just beat Wolnir (in the Catacombs of Carthus) so I'm a decent 1/3rd through the game with him. Strength characters are so much stronger than other builds early on it's ridiculous.

Anyone who has this on the PS4 who would want to trade for a +0 or +1 Gundyr's Halberd?

Got it taken care of. I've got a newly set up character that I transfered all of Gundyr's stuff to and I'm going to have a playthrough as Champion Gundyr.

Archived