Fate/infinity compendium [Interest Check]

eIn6b84.png

Fate/infinity compendium

iU8EggM.png

Twenty years have passed since the Fifth Holy Grail war in Fuyuki, Japan, with the "winner" being Tohsaka Rin, master of Archer.  Unexpectedly, the repercussions of her destroying the Grail were next to nothing; unsure of what was to come of the ritual itself, the Mage's Association decided to simply wait things out and see what would happen before attempting another foolish ritual.

It was a cold winter's evening when the Grail showed its magic once more, of its own volition, calling seven masters and seven servants to compete for its prize - a single wish with no strings attached.

This time, however, the Grail was different.  Unlike the past two wars, the corruption of Angra Mainyu seems to have faded away permanently; thus, the past great mage houses, bar the Tohsakas, are preparing for all-out war against each other for preparation of the Grail by hastily training up their own masters.

You are one of these masters, a powerful mage chosen to summon a Servant and take what is rightfully yours - the Holy Grail.

iU8EggM.png

[spoiler=Information on what this'll be]This roleplay takes place thirty years after the events of Fate/stay night's Unlimited Blade Works route.  This is intended to be a more-normal Holy Grail war without the tampering of Angra Mainyu.

I do need people to help plan and world build and stuff, which is why I'm implementing this interest check.

I'd be probably interested in joining, but not planning or stuff. Though, I've got a few things to say.

1. Ya could've just settled with Fate/Infinity ya know. I know Gen Urobutcher wasn't taking any of that stupid long and meaningless name bullshit with Fate/Zero. :P
  2. Unless you've got a plan for something that would be better canon, I'd avoid canon because the stuff is convoluted as all funk.
  3. It would be good to have a system where each RPer creates a Master and a Servant, but those two aren't a pair, and it's randomized who gets what Servant.
  4. Even with the above system, it can be difficult for this to really function as a RP when the nature of the War is that you all hide yourselves and prepare.
  5. Can I make Sun Wukong (most famous and probably most powerful Eastern hero who single-handedly defeated the armies of heaven, aka at least Gilgamesh-tier Servant)?!?!?! Maybe if I invented a reason that he didn't have his full power?
  6. Hope you and whoever else will plan this damn well :P

1. Can I make Sun Wukong (most famous and probably most powerful Eastern hero who single-handedly defeated the armies of heaven, aka at least Gilgamesh-tier Servant)?!?!?! Maybe if I invented a reason that he didn't have his full power?

Dropping in to say that you shouldn't be able to. Sun Wukong counts as a full on divine spirit which shouldn't be a valid target to be summoned as a servant afaik. Unless the grail system at this moment gets really distorted for one or another reason, that is.

Putting in my interest here, btw.

>inb4 this draws more from Zero than Stay Night.

though that'll be fine.

Dropping in to say that you shouldn't be able to. Sun Wukong counts as a full on divine spirit which shouldn't be a valid target to be summoned as a servant afaik. Unless the grail system at this moment gets really distorted for one or another reason, that is.

Putting in my interest here, btw.

>inb4 this draws more from Zero than Stay Night.

though that'll be fine.

Sun Wukong only became a buddha at the end of the Journey to the West the same way Heracles became a God at the end of his life. I can't seem to find why Heracles, who should be a god, was summoned. At any rate, before attaining buddhahood though, he was a demon, so I'm not sure how that fits. Sifting through Nasuverse cosmology gives me a headache. He'd fit the definition of a Heroic Spirit though, I think.

God the Nasuverse is a mess.

Well another big thing is Sun Wukong's not a part of Alaya due to not having any human or humanlike origin. Herc, Gilg, Karna, all still have human blood flowing on them. Meanwhile Wukong was born from a rock and was technically a demon, yes, so unless there's a distortion/something in the grail system like in Strange Fake for example (which allows a Horseman of the Apocalypse to be summoned), Wukong shouldn't be a viable servant candidate.

damn this is getting more and more complicated.

Well another big thing is Sun Wukong's not a part of Alaya due to not having any human or humanlike origin. Herc, Gilg, Karna, all still have human blood flowing on them. Meanwhile Wukong was born from a rock and was technically a demon, yes, so unless there's a distortion/something in the grail system like in Strange Fake for example (which allows a Horseman of the Apocalypse to be summoned), Wukong shouldn't be a viable servant candidate.

damn this is getting more and more complicated.

Animals, machines, and weapons are allowed to become Heroic Spirits according to TYPE-MOON wiki. On the other hand, Chiron, who was born of two gods, became a Heroic Spirit after losing his Divinity.

Anyway, reserving Rider.

I'm not a co-host, but anyway this is what Kate and them have decided. (Or rather, what I decided and then everyone is like kk)

• Everyone in this roleplay should make a Servant and a Master, unless you can find someone who will agree to making and controlling a character for you.
  • Your Master will not be controlling your Servant.
  • Servant identities will be kept secret. PM your Servant app to Kate and Nai. Then, post the appearance, class, and maybe some flavor for your Servant here in the OOC.

Archived