Just looking at some of my old cards, and decided to remake 1 [FLAME MANIPULATOR]

Sander

[spoiler=FLAME MANIPULATOR]kbyRlS1.png

Flame Manipulator
Level 3 / FIRE
Spellcaster / Effect
You can Tribute this card and send 1 "Masaki the Legendary Swordsman" from your Deck to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Flame Swordsman" from your Extra Deck, and if you do, its ATK is doubled, until the End of your opponents next turn. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.)
900 / 1000

At first, it was just the SS effect, but I decided to give it a little bit more power, as just summoning a 1800 Level 5 Fusion monster doesn't really do much, outside from giving a nostalgic feeling about it.

Personally, I'm not really fond of this being an instant 3.6K Flame Swordsman on its own. Granted, it only lasts for a turn, and you do need to watch for backrow and other effect removal during that period, but 3600 ATK is still that, and that's certainly enough to take out most, if not all common bosses.

One thing I could probably recommend is toning down the stat increase. I suppose you could lower it to gain half of its ATK until the end of the opponent's turn; it'll have 2700, while it won't be as powerful, it's still enough for taking out most things that see usage (bar Nekroz + Towers, if we're mentioning competitive things). The Fusion thing is fine.

Although yes, Flame Swordsman himself isn't really good nowadays save for nostalgia (1800 ATK for Level 5 isn't good now), so you should be fine with allowing this card to set up + get that much power. Realistically, you'd be using this in turn 2 and later; either you use it to kill threats early on, or just use it to make FS and finish up at the end.

----

This card gives us another incentive to run Flame Swordsman outside of nostalgia, so there's something, I guess.

Archived