[DP|Reboot] Dragon Rulers [Updated]

Hot Ultra ROD

HUGE Thanks to Queen and Batmed boy, they really helped me with these

[spoiler=Dragnite, Dragon Ruler of Ignition]
uQ29sGZ.png

If this card is in your hand or Graveyard: You can Tribute 2 FIRE monsters from your hand or that you control, except this card; Special Summon this card. You can only Special Summon 1 ”Dragnite, Dragon Ruler of Ignition” per turn. Once per turn: You can banish 1 FIRE monster from your Graveyard; this card's Level becomes that monster's Level until the End Phase. During your Main Phase: You can send 1 FIRE monster from your Deck to your Graveyard. You can only activate each effect of "Dragnite, Dragon Ruler of Ignition" once per turn. You can only control 1 "Dragon Ruler" monster.

[spoiler=Rivusian, Dragon Ruler of Atlantis']
161CU7p.png

If this card is in your hand or Graveyard: You can Tribute 2 WATER monsters from your hand or that you control, except this card; Special Summon this card. You can only Special Summon 1 ”Rivusian, Dragon Ruler of Atlantis” per turn. Once per turn: You can banish 1 WATER monster from your Graveyard; this card's Level becomes that monster's Level until the End Phase. During your Main Phase: You can Normal Summon 1 WATER monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set, with 1 less Tribute (if any). You can only activate each effect of "Rivusian, Dragon Ruler of Atlantis" once per turn. You can only control 1 "Dragon Ruler" monster.

[spoiler=Morinin, Dragon Ruler of the Forest]
96w4KRz.png

Once per turn: You can banish 1 EARTH monster from your Graveyard; this card's Level becomes that monster's Level until the End Phase. You can only control 1 "Dragon Ruler" monster. You can only activate 1 of the following effect of "Morinin, Dragon Ruler of the Forest" once per turn:
● If this card is in your hand or Graveyard: You can Tribute 2 EARTH monsters from your hand or that you control, except this card; Special Summon this card.
● You can discard this card and 1 EARTH monster to target 1 EARTH monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target.

[spoiler=Haroken, Dragon Ruler of Cyclones]
lJitEj1.png

Once per turn: You can banish 1 WIND monster from your Graveyard; this card's Level becomes that monster's Level until the End Phase. You can only control 1 "Dragon Ruler" monster. You can only activate 1 of the following effect of "Haroken, Dragon Ruler of Cyclones" once per turn:
● If this card is in your hand or Graveyard: You can Tribute 2 WIND monsters from your hand or that you control, except this card; Special Summon this card.
● You can discard this card and 1 WIND; add 1 Level 4 WIND monster from your Deck to your hand.

[spoiler=Solaris, Dragon Ruler of Genesis]
YP1zFNk.png

Once per turn: You can banish 1 LIGHT monster from your Graveyard; this card's Level becomes that monster's Level until the End Phase. You can only control 1 "Dragon Ruler" monster. You can only activate 1 of the following effect of "Solaris, Dragon Ruler of Genesis" once per turn:
● If this card is in your hand or Graveyard: You can Tribute 2 LIGHT monsters from your hand or that you control, except this card; Special Summon this card.
● You can discard this card and 1 LIGHT monster to target 1 card on the field; destroy that target.

[spoiler=Diabolos, Dragon Ruler of the Underworld]
uaJFDaq.png

If this card is in your hand or Graveyard: You can Tribute 2 DARK monsters from your hand or that you control, except this card; Special Summon this card. You can only Special Summon 1 ”Diabolos, Dragon Ruler of the Underworld” per turn. Once per turn: You can banish 1 DARK monster from your Graveyard; this card's Level becomes that monster's Level until the End Phase. During your Main Phase: You can target 1 of your banished monsters; return that target to your Graveyard. You can only activate each effect of "Diabolos, Dragon Ruler of the Underworld" once per turn. You can only control 1 "Dragon Ruler" monster.

any CnC would be much appreciated

On your summoning methods, you both include a semicolon (meaning it is an effect) as well as the parentheses, which would mean that this is a summoning condition. This is a big difference, as inherent summons do not start a chain, and cannot be used for the hard OPT. The obvious fix would be to take the summoning conditions directly from the original rulers, while just removing the Dragon portion. 

As for the actual cards, I am immediately apprehensive. The boosts that these give to banishing or Rank 7 decks is startling. These are a lot more tame than the originals, but even then the summon condition is quite easy. Definitely require testing in the decks they would be used in.

Also, these should not be using the original names.

On your summoning methods, you both include a semicolon (meaning it is an effect) as well as the parentheses, which would mean that this is a summoning condition. This is a big difference, as inherent summons do not start a chain, and cannot be used for the hard OPT. The obvious fix would be to take the summoning conditions directly from the original rulers, while just removing the Dragon portion. 

As for the actual cards, I am immediately apprehensive. The boosts that these give to banishing or Rank 7 decks is startling. These are a lot more tame than the originals, but even then the summon condition is quite easy. Definitely require testing in the decks they would be used in.

Also, these should not be using the original names.

so I suppose I will wait for testing results (I'm gonna ask Queen) cause I'm planing to submit them to the tournament card pool

I don't necessarily think that these would be played that much, but I do think that they are very nicely designed cards overall. I like how some of their effects resemble the old rulers (the discard of the EARTH and the WIND one), but I don't approve how Solaris banishes any one card you want on the field. It may be a -1, but banishing is still a very very very strong form of removall not all decks can recover from. Imo it would be more fair to just have it destroy.

I don't necessarily think that these would be played that much, but I do think that they are very nicely designed cards overall. I like how some of their effects resemble the old rulers (the discard of the EARTH and the WIND one), but I don't approve how Solaris banishes any one card you want on the field. It may be a -1, but banishing is still a very very very strong form of removall not all decks can recover from. Imo it would be more fair to just have it destroy.

done

Archived