Everything wrong with this place

CLG Klavier

I remember some point down the line of me posting that huge thread in TCG about how everything is wrong, I realized that it all boiled down to the attitudes of some of the members and nothing more. That's why jack sheet was done after all the effort I put in to try and get that section to function properly.

Despite being here for over 6 years, I've never felt like I belong in a place like this. Also it gets more boring and inactive every day. I only stayed here because I found other Yugioh forums inaccessible and complicated. To be honest I'll start to drift away now I've made the decision to quit Yugioh, since none of the non-Yugioh parts of this forum keep me interested enough regularly.

Miscellaneous was an amazing addition to the site, mainly by way of introducing members to each other and actually establishing friendships on a medium that differs from other things on the forum (tell me how often you leave your little cove of YGO; if you're like us RP peeps, it's probably not often.)

So far as I'm concerned about the topic at hand, however, is this; people like different things.  People like fads.  Have a problem with that or think it's stupid?  Please please please keep it to yourself.  Sure, you can think it's the dumbest sheet on the face of the earth, as I certainly do, but that's no reason to make people feel bad for making cute groups or some sheet like that.  This site is a community and there's no reason to rip a hole in that.  I think I'm reiterating what Night said here in my own words, though.  

One thing I do agree with, however, is how hugboxy the site can be.  

Justice warriors everywhere. Everthing's cute and fluffy and everyone is perfect and "you should just let people do what they want to do". Sure, some things aren't forbidden by the rules, but the amount of sheet some people pull out is just ridiculous at times, and nah, I should sit back and shut up because "people are just having fun".

The first part I do agree with.  The rest I'll hold my tongue for fear of starting a fire yet again, as I'm quite opinionated on the subject.

Oh hey, look at me, I am mad because people on a yugioh virtual forum are having fun. Look at me compare IQ to having fun on the Internet. Look at me ranting about srs stuff and how I want to turn this into a uniform-wearing nazi concentration camp.

I am so cool pls give me likes pls. 

If you don't like it, you're not forced to contribute to it. Stop fingering yourself with yugioh cards.

Oh hey, look at me, I am mad because people on a yugioh virtual forum are having fun. Look at me compare IQ to having fun on the Internet. Look at me ranting about srs stuff and how I want to turn this into a uniform-wearing nazi concentration camp.

I am so cool pls give me likes pls.

tfw you can't like any of his posts. i honestly agree with most, if not all of [ok, probably all of] what Klav had to say, but it's like with Zauls post that he mentioned. it's not the forums that need to change, it's the mentality and actions of those posting on the forums, which isn't going to happen anytime soon.

then again, while i don't like to many of the trends that pop up in Misc, i have participated in one or two. why? cause who the funk doesn't want attention? i mean that's literally why we're all here, isn't it? take it down to it's barest and that's what the internet is: a place for egotistical bastards to get their daily dose of attention. and i hate it. and i hate that i've become a part of it the giant circle jerk that is the internet; but i couldn't think of a place i'd rather be. cause i am an egotistical funk and i want my escape from real life as well as my part in the circle jerk.

I find it funny when people say they're egotistical on this site. Everyone is rather sane in that disposition, with only the extremities being seen as overly-egotistical: Those who are idiots and don't seemingly know it or those who flaunt around their knowledge without a care in the world.

Barring the few who act like idiots just for the hell of it.

Everyone else kind of just does what they do; Not for attention, but because they can.

I find it funny when people say they're egotistical on this site. Everyone is rather sane in that disposition, with only the extremities being seen as overly-egotistical: Those who are idiots and don't seemingly know it or those who flaunt around their knowledge without a care in the world.

Barring the few who act like idiots just for the hell of it.

Everyone else kind of just does what they do; Not for attention, but because they can.

Well, the people claiming they're egotistical likely have very fragile egos that inflate with the smallest bit of praise.

Y'see, the internet offers a place where those with fragile egos can come together, despite not being able to do so in real life. This isn't everyone, but it's a significant portion of the internet, and with some context it'll make more sense.

Take, for instance, Tumblr and the "Fat can be Healthy" movement that is, mostly, based around obese women. This had supporters before, but Tumblr/the internet as a whole was a means for those fragile egos to band together, praise one another, and inflate until they thought they could never be wrong. This is also why SJWs and the like occurred, as those who could not stand up on their own now could.

There are better and worse ways this has applied, but this is a very real example that exists. YCM does this to a degree, as well, of course. Misc seemed to be the catalyst for the SJW portion of YCM mentioned in the OP to truly crop up, and that's a major reason that older members tend to hate Misc, aside from fads and the like.

And that's the 'impact' Misc has had on the site, outside of misc. Unrelated to your post, but related to other replies and such, and for anyone who sees this.

I'm just amused a lot of this is "I don't like how other people have fun"
I suppose it IS true there are some issues with this site and the mentality of people here but yeah not like this.

There are better and worse ways this has applied, but this is a very real example that exists. YCM does this to a degree, as well, of course. Misc seemed to be the catalyst for the SJW portion of YCM mentioned in the OP to truly crop up, and that's a major reason that older members tend to hate Misc, aside from fads and the like.

And that's the 'impact' Misc has had on the site, outside of misc. Unrelated to your post, but related to other replies and such, and for anyone who sees this.

First I would like to say that not all older members hate Misc...case in point Agro, he's an older one right? i forget.

Anyway. I really would like to talk with you about that "SJW" thing. How is it a catalyst and what exactly is the problem you have with the idea?
I mean, you've called me a SJW before and I don't feel like I really am, I just want people to get along best we can, and I don't get if that's the problem or something else.

Edit: It's 9 PM and I'm tired so might be missing something.

I should eat something.

What the heck Black? Anyone who knows anything that isn't elementary about any deeper thought would acknowledge that a total investment in ego and the self are all to be considered. Rather, those who have thought well and shown a deeper understanding of the self have a stronger confidence than any others. An idiot, of course, is an idiot independently. I can know myself to be a god without a lack of any confidence, especially since language creates a logical necessity of worshipping the self.

It could also go into the fueling of competition that defines much of our existence. Since we're not competing for survival, we're competing for acceptance; once that has been obtained, it becomes a competition to be appreciated; and then you the social hierarchy of dominance gravitates toward the food chain of YCM. Funnily enough, many people still just never get passed the "acceptance" part where they feel like they belong here, and this is what people continually do by following along with fads in the manner. Most people who break the continuity of these fads in some manner are those who already just stop caring about being accepted.

Oh and CowCow's Grand Opinion on Fads.

Generally people jump on fads cause it's a quick and easy joke to make and people enjoy being able to contribute to something. They're silly and half of them don't go anywhere but they have the ability to amuse people and make their day better.

Cause it's fun to be silly and make jokes WITH other people.

Oh and CowCow's Grand Opinion on Fads.

Generally people jump on fads cause it's a quick and easy joke to make and people enjoy being able to contribute to something. They're silly and half of them don't go anywhere but they have the ability to amuse people and make their day better.

Cause it's fun to be silly and make jokes WITH other people.

Note this: Simplicity is sometimes one of the things just make sense when other people try to delve too far into something.

tfw you can't like any of his posts. i honestly agree with most, if not all of [ok, probably all of] what Klav had to say, but it's like with Zauls post that he mentioned. it's not the forums that need to change, it's the mentality and actions of those posting on the forums, which isn't going to happen anytime soon.

then again, while i don't like to many of the trends that pop up in Misc, i have participated in one or two. why? cause who the f*** doesn't want attention? i mean that's literally why we're all here, isn't it? take it down to it's barest and that's what the internet is: a place for egotistical b****es to get their daily dose of attention. and i hate it. and i hate that i've become a part of it the giant circle jerk that is the internet; but i couldn't think of a place i'd rather be. cause i am an egotistical f*** and i want my escape from real life as well as my part in the circle jerk.

sorry but I don't get "who doesn't want attention". You posted in misc because you wanted attention? Who does that? I thought misc was there for a good time (except the fact that 1% of that forum is funny and the rest is just people posting about anime things).

sorry but I don't get "who doesn't want attention". You posted in misc because you wanted attention? Who does that? I thought misc was there for a good time (except the fact that 1% of that forum is funny and the rest is just people posting about anime things).

.... you do understand how the thing under people's statuses works, yes? if not, i'd be glad to explain. 1) you make a new post. 2) it shows up there while it is one of the four most recent posts. 3) people see an go to it. the people who do the amas, the x gives their opinion, etc. that's who; or at least that's how i see it.

I leave and come back to this?! A thread ranting about people having fun? *le facepalm*

Are the status updates draining your life from your body? Are the posts in MISC. snapping your bones in half? Is there someone holding a gun to your head telling you that if you don't read everything on this site you will die?

Obviously your answer to those questions will be no. If you answered the first two with yes, you need to seek help. If you answered yes to the last, leave code in your next post and I will call the local authorities for you! No man left behind!

In all seriousness, a lot of that "rant" is simply blowing things out of proportion. People are posting fads in a small section at the bottom of the forum and you wanna complain about it? Really? Get over yourself and your need for attention through anger. Stick with the people and places you enjoy and leave those you don't enjoy alone. Nobody is forcing you to interact with anybody on this forum.

Don't like it? Stop signing in.

Archived