[MtG] Nexus of Corruption (written)

heraldry_lord

Nexus of Corruption

Mana Cost: {3}{B}{B}

Power/Toughness: 4/5

Creature - Eldrazi

Devoid (This card has no color.)

Deathtouch

When you cast Nexus of Corruption, you may have target opponent exile the top three cards of his or her library. For each card with one or more colors exiled this way, that opponent loses 2 life and you gain 2 life.

This is really strong.

It costs 1 more than Siege Rhino, but the colors are less restrictive overall (if using painlands, that is) and comes with the additional boon of Deathtouch (at the cost of trample), meaning it beats Rhino, Tasigur, etc in combat. The drain will usually be either 2 or 4. The former is pretty tame, but the latter is quite silly, as was shown by Gary in the past. And unlike Gary, this requires less dedication in general. This doesn't need to be used in an Eldrazi-centered deck. It is on-curve, and the drain is powerful. If used with other Eldrazi, it is even stronger, receiving haste from Forerunner of Slaughter and setting up Oblivion Sower,  Blight Herder, and Ulamog's Nullifier.

I will be honest, due to lack of current standard knowledge I am unsure if it is too good, but it certainly seems powerful at face value.

The bigger the body the less relevant death touch is. Really the only thing this has going for it is the body and the ETB trigger. I'd still play rhino over this any day of the week. Trample is hugely important in locked up board states.

It's a strong midrange creature but nothing game breaking.

Archived