anyone here like:

Lil Ugly Mane

Denzel Curry

Ruben Slikk

Robb Bank$

Pouya

Fat Nick

?????

Denzel I'm familiar with.  The rest of these names are new to me.  But I'm always looking for new music from great artists.  Got some links to share?

This song is my absolute s***.  Been my song since I was addicted to drugs, always gave me the strength to keep going.

[spoiler='Azizi Gibson - Toast]https://youtu.be/9bFMBAbfiDE

And then I gotta post some Game cause this n***a been hard as f*** recently.  This song is f***ing sick.

[spoiler='The Game - El Chapo]https://youtu.be/RviOwY0OKyE

This song is my absolute s***.  Been my song since I was addicted to drugs, always gave me the strength to keep going.

[spoiler='Azizi Gibson - Toast]https://youtu.be/9bFMBAbfiDE

And then I gotta post some Game cause this n***a been hard as f*** recently.  This song is f***ing sick.

[spoiler='The Game - El Chapo]https://youtu.be/RviOwY0OKyE

Game has always been a crazy lyricist, but this further proves that point.  Holy sheet.

fr tho

Call it "Straight Outta Compton" syndrome, but I haven't even seen the movie and I still dig NWA

Keep in mind, the guy who wrote the first verse was the same guy from "Are We There Yet?"

sheet's goooood

fr tho

Call it "Straight Outta Compton" syndrome, but I haven't even seen the movie and I still dig NWA

Keep in mind, the guy who wrote the first verse was the same guy from "Are We There Yet?"

sheet's goooood

I hope you aren't just discovering Ice Cube haha.  My son is still nice.

I hope you aren't just discovering Ice Cube haha.  My son is still nice.

Tbh I've been behind on a lot of things before I graduated high school

I've known about Ice Cube and his legacy, but I've never actually heard his work from this time and I wish I did earlier

• 3 weeks later...

In the latest hip-hop news, Drake releases a pre-recorded "No Shopping" that caused Joe Budden to respond.  After the diss gained promotion, Budden releases "Afraid" and Drake fans are silent.  Lmao.  But to be fair, Joe was already kinda ahead, so this just sort of sealed the deal against the 6ixgod.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Y'ALL NIGGAZ IS SLEEPIN'
I'M HERE TO WAKE YA UP

[spoiler=Lil' Wayne - Sportcenter]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MnmtldXGns

[spoiler=Vince Staples - Norf Norf]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb6Jc4juSF8

[spoiler=Isaiah Rashad - Wat's Wrong]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOIKRm1ywuQ

Essential listening this week:  Isaiah Rashad's "The Sun's Tirade", Lil' Wayne's "Dedication 2", Travis Scott's "Birds in the Trap Sing McKnight", T.I.'s "T.I. vs. T.I.P."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Time for this week's essential listening my niggas.

Albums:

Freddie Gibbs Shadow of a Doubt - This is one of the hardest gangsta rap albums of 2015.  Freddie Gibbs is from Gary, Indiana, which is considered a jungle by most of Indiana & the Metro area that includes Indianapolis, Louisville, New Albany, etc.  This guy is a funking thug.  New age Tupac in my opinion.  The atmosphere of the album is dark, very dark. Grimy yrical content in most tracks, melodic & shadowy beats with great bass lines, just a funking killer album.  I can listen to this album from start to finish and never be bored.  His flows are pretty unmatched by most people these days & his delivery is incredible.  The rhyme schemes, as well as the song structures are killer.  I will say some songs instrumentally are mixed very strangely, such as "Packages" & "Extradite", but I enjoy that quite honestly.  The features on this album are SUPER solid and well placed.  Black Thought on "Extradite" is a definite standout.  Songs to look out for are "Extradite", "Freddie Gordy", "McDuck", and "Fuckin' Up the Count".  Honestly tho, the album is coated in gasoline and every time you hit the play button the Zippo is thrown to it so listen to the whole damn thing.

Maxo Kream The Persona Tape - This is probably my favorite Trap mixtape of 2016 so far, and Maxo in general is quite possibly my favorite Trap artist.  This dude is absolutely killer, and his artistic vision is very out there.  He uses really unique instrumentals, and some of them are absolutely crazy to consider rapping on.  His flows are very straight forward, and his lyrical content is general trap sheet, BUT his flows are straight forward & incredibly complementary to his beat choice, and the lyrics are INCREDIBLY vivid & dark, almost evil. It's the breaking down and the delving deep into the happenings of savage new age gang life, and the near excitement in his voice when speaking on it that really draw you in.  The atmosphere is dark and the beats have a certain build up to them.  "Karo" in particular make use of that build up, setting a story with the first 40 or so seconds of the song with a very plain production, then suddenly hits hard with rattling basslines and killer background instrumentals.  He also does concept songs very well, like the song "G3" which describes a Crip incredibly intoxicated on Xanax and has a very hazy, yet rapid atmosphere, very reminiscent of Xanax itself.  Great music to smoke too.  Standout songs include "Smoke Break", "Karo", "G3", "Big Worm" (SUPER UNIQUE INSTRUMENTAL sheet SLAPS), and "Comin' Dine".

The Game 1992 - Wow this album is amazing.  Obviously coming from Game I'm not surprised.  The Game has been a monster in rap for quite some time.  This album, for the most part, is ridiculously classic.  A very 90's vibe with this one, more so than The Documentary 2+2.5.  I love the 90's so this sheet is a near perfect listen for me.  The bars and story-telling are top notch and the production is absolutely killer.  Plus, we have some REAL issues spoke on in this album, as far as black oppression & police brutality.  The setting of the early 90's and the major sheet that happened especially in Compton/L.A. at that time is a very personal issue.  The gang life, the color vs. color mentality, isn't praised at all in this record.  Almost like a continuation of his previous two major records, it's almost scorned.  Almost a warning.  ALSO WE CAN'T FORGET ABOUT "92 BARS".  "92 Bars" pushed the initial beginnings of The Game & Meek Mill's beef.  "92 Bars" is a ridiculously hard song, through & through.  The bars, beat, disses, just utterly ridiculous.  Songs to look out for "Savage Lifestyle", "92 Bars", "True Colors", "Bompton".  I will say, don't listen to "All Eyez".  Disliked that song heavy.

Freddie Gibbs & Madlib Pinata - Yes.  Freddie again.  Here's the thing, Freddie is a very versatile MC.  You are sleeping, everyone is sleeping, and everyone needs to be woke.  This album is solely Madlib beats, which is amazing.  Madlib is a producer, one of the absolute best in the game.  His style tends to be very old school, his most popular current credit is "No More Parties in L.A." by Kanye West & Kendrick Lamar.  This album in general is much better than Shadow of a Doubt, in fact it is, in my opinion, a modern classic.  The realest, most thug sheet is spit on this album.  The flows are damn near perfect.  The structure is damn near perfect.  Everything is ridiculously fitting and well put together.  The sincerity and the reality of the story-telling is horrifying & captivating.  Just full of truth and a sense of urgency.  It makes you want to access your inner thug.  Having been in some unsavory situations myself I get major nostalgia and almost want to go back to that sheet.  Especially with the song "Thuggin'".  This is one of my absolute favorite songs ever.  So true, gritty, raw, and amazing to listen to.  The beat is ridiculous, and his flow is godlike.  Standout songs are "Thuggin'", "Real", "Scarface", "Uno", THE WHOLE DAMN THING.

Other mentions include

Vince Staples Summertime '06

Flatbush Zombies 3001: A Laced Oddysey

Denzel Curry Imperial, & Nostalgia 64

Dr. Dre 2001

Kendrick Lamar Untitled Unmastered

21 Savage Savage Mode

Lil' Wayne Tha Carter 2

Azizi Gibson Backward Books (Reloaded), preHISTORIC Till Death, A New Life, Grim Meets Evil

I'm thinking about doing a hip-hop podcast, probably 3 times a week and about 45 minutes long each show.  Let me know if you guys would be interested, I'd love to know.

@rain

• SoaD was hot. I remember the hype when Fuckin up the Count came out. Dont think anybody sleepin on Gangsta gibbs tho haha
  • Make me a Maxo Kream fan in 3 songs, only listened to an occasional loosey
  • I loved 1992. Game been in my personal top 5 for like a year now. I don't think this album was close to Doc2 and especially Doc2.5 but it was a nice listen. Thought he'd stick to the whole history sheet for the whole project but he had some moments he strayed out. Liked him riding over classic beats there, his voice is so great that I'm always excited when he goes over some dope beat...even if he starts with Red Rose White Ceiling haha

I'm p sure like 70% of the people active in this thread know a fair thing or 2 about rap so I'm sure you're overdoing the explanations sometimes haha. Podcast sounds cool, don't think thrice a week sounds super appealing...like twice per month or some sheet sounds like a much nicer pace. Much less saturation. Unless you keep it short and topical, then it could work. Hmu if you want people on it haha

edit: man i been sleeping on krit forever. give me like 5 songs, i cba to listen to an entire project haha

also S/O to whoever gave me the new role and now I can say sheet and sheet

So something hilarious happened to me on my way home from work, and it's hip-hop related. Imma take ya'll back on Throwback Thursday tomorrow.  I was cracking up when I heard it playing as this guy drove past me.

EDIT:  Until then, enjoy this.

So yesterday, walking home from work somebody was bumping this when they passed me.  Swear your party wasn't sheet if you weren't playing this back when it dropped.  #ThrowbackThursday

jabroni was dumb for not making sure they had the permission to use those Pac-man snips, but this was the sheet lmao.

Archived