Wyrmsite

Bubbletrouble

A few members noted that my previous created card was too difficult to summon to be of much use, and I was stuck on how to fix it on that card while still keeping to the original idea for it. Anyway here is my solution to the problem (hopefully)

Wyrmsite

WY5E1lS.jpg

Lore:When this card is flipped face up, equip it to one of your monsters. The monster this card is equipped to has its level reduced by 3. The minimum level of the equipped monster cannot be less than 1. The equipped monster unaffected by opponents card effects. If the monster this card is equipped to is destroyed in battle, this card is special summoned in face up defense position and its DEF is increased by 100 for each turn it was equipped to a monster. You can also use this face-up card equipped with other monster as a Synchro Material for a Synchro Summon.

The idea is that there are countless level 4 monsters in the game and this can be used to reduce their level to 1, to allow people to Synchro summon low level monsters without the need for lots of barely usable, level 1 monsters crowding their decks. Anyway as always feedback is welcome and appreciated.

(oh, yeah my other card mentioned above that this one is (hopefully) going to make more feesable - http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/341709-baby-blue-eyes-synchro/ )

Man, this will change Synchros. I see this running in a Dragon deck, and will work well with your Baby Blue-Eyes. Can't see any flaws right now, but the ability to Synchro Summon while equipped MIGHT (emphasis on might) be a problem. Well done!

Interesting . . .

Basically if this card is face-up and equipped, you can keep Synchro Summon almost unlimited times (since when equipped and the equipped monster get destroy'd by battle, SS itself)

But the problem here is . . . this:

" . . . The equipped monster cannot be removed from the field by an opponents card effect . . . "

Idk how that ruling works . . . let's say you have monster equipp'd with Wyrmsite and your opponent activate Raigeki, so . . . your monster is destroyed but cannot leaves the field? @.@ (never seen that effs before, dunno if it's the same as "unaffected by card effects")

And since equiping itself is pretty easy and gains effect "unaffected by card effects"-like (still idk), maybe change it to "cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects" might be better imo.

A lot of wording issues there, i'll help you with the last part (the rest is yours :P)

Lore:When this card is flipped face up, equip it to one of your monsters. The monster this card is equipped to has its level reduced by 3. The minimum level of the equipped monster cannot be less than 1. The equipped monster cannot be removed from the field by an opponents card effect. If the monster this card is equipped to is destroyed in battle, this card is special summoned in face up defense position and its DEF is increased by 100 for each turn it was equipped to a monster. While this card is equipped to another monster on the field this card can also be treated as though it is face-up on your side of the field for the purpose of Synchro summoning only. You can also use this face-up card equipped with other monster as a Synchro Material for a Synchro Summon.

Hope this helps~

Idk how that ruling works . . . let's say you have monster equipp'd with Wyrmsite and your opponent activate Raigeki, so . . . your monster is destroyed but cannot leaves the field? @.@ (never seen that effs before, dunno if it's the same as "unaffected by card effects")

Basically means it is unaffected by card effects that would send it to the graveyard (like tributing, destruction, etc.), send it to your hand (Compuls), shuffle it into your deck (can't think of an example), or banish it.

Interesting . . .

Basically if this card is face-up and equipped, you can keep Synchro Summon almost unlimited times (since when equipped and the equipped monster get destroy'd by battle, SS itself)

But the problem here is . . . this:

And since equiping itself is pretty easy and gains effect "unaffected by card effects"-like (still idk), maybe change it to "cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects" might be better imo.

A lot of wording issues there, i'll help you with the last part (the rest is yours :P)

Hope this helps~

Thanks for the help with the last part, I had no clue how to word that one.

Yeah it was supposed to mean: that it cannot be destroyed or sent from the field (was trying to prevent things such as returning to the hand/deck as well as destruction).

I'll change it to ..... unaffected by opponents card effects ....

I'll change it now ............. Changed! Thanks again for the help clearing it up

sorry my net timed out or something and it posted twice >.<

Basically means it is unaffected by card effects that would send it to the graveyard (like tributing, destruction, etc.), send it to your hand (Compuls), shuffle it into your deck (can't think of an example), or banish it.

I've seen some ruling that "shuffling to the Deck" and "banished face-down" doesn't count as leaving the field. (that's make it different than unaffected things)

here's my proof (from Reborn Tengu ruling)

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Reborn_Tengu

OT : Like i said, better stick to either "cannot be destroyed or targeted by card effects" or if you want to go that far, use this "unaffected by card effects" (might be too strong, so i prefer the 1st one, but still your choice tho).

I've seen some ruling that "shuffling to the Deck" and "banished face-down" doesn't count as leaving the field. (that's make it different than unaffected things)

here's my proof (from Reborn Tengu ruling)

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Reborn_Tengu

OT : Like i said, better stick to either "cannot be destroyed or targeted by card effects" or if you want to go that far, use this "unaffected by card effects" (might be too strong, so i prefer the 1st one, but still your choice tho).

for now I have changed it to unaffected by opponents card effects (I'm not sure what the ruling would be if its made unaffected by ALL effects, would that mean the equipped card is now not affecting it too?) anyway, I can give it a limit for its max level equip to say level 5/6 and below monsters (that way it cant be equipped to beatsticks (I think that's the term) and make them unbeatable?)

This card kinda worries me, seeing as it's splashable and can be used to completely protect anything from card effects, but maybe the flip part will make it too slow. And the part where you can sync with it as an equip is also troublesome, but then again, it's a flip effect.

And I don't see how this helps you synchro level 3s. You'd have to equip it to a level 5 to do it with 2 cards, or use a lvl 4 and another lvl 1. Both options force Blue-Eyes decks to go too far out of their way for a subpar Synchro.

And it's kinda weird that this card has Wyrm in it's name, but it's not Wyrm-Type.

This card kinda worries me, seeing as it's splashable and can be used to completely protect anything from card effects, but maybe the flip part will make it too slow. And the part where you can sync with it as an equip is also troublesome, but then again, it's a flip effect.

And I don't see how this helps you synchro level 3s. You'd have to equip it to a level 5 to do it with 2 cards, or use a lvl 4 and another lvl 1. Both options force Blue-Eyes decks to go too far out of their way for a subpar Synchro.

And it's kinda weird that this card has Wyrm in it's name, but it's not Wyrm-Type.

Like I said, I can limit its attachment to only equipping to 1 type (dragons) or 1 attribute, and/or I can limit it to only equipping to level 6 or below, or I could limit it to monsters not from the extra deck. but I don't want to nerf it too much it becomes not worth it.

As for the name, techinically wyrms (waverns) are a relative of the dragon, usually a smaller and non fire breathing, and wyrmsite just flows alot better than dragosite. (the idea of this is supposed to be a dragonic parasite).

Archived