High School DxD

I've heard bad things about how S3 has been trying to adapt things, sometimes with the odd pacing, things that didn't get adapted, and anime-exclusive sections.

Having only seen the anime, I'm indifferent as I do not know of how faithful the adaptation is.

I honestly get why they handled 3 the way they did, and I support it. I don't mean to be that guy, but the only thing remotely interesting about Volumes 5 and 6 combined was the Juggernaut Drive incident. Both of those volumes were pretty boring and adapting them like they did with season 1&2 where it was two volumes a season wouldn't work in this regard. I like the way they were able to merge Volume 7 in to keep the plot interesting so the whole thing didn't get stale. They kept the Fenrir bite, Loki, and the meeting and used it to introduce Astaroth in an interesting way. It wasn't faithful by any stretch of the imagination, but it worked. Also, there were a couple of emotional moments that I feel the anime handled better than the Light Novels.

I've only seen S1, I've gotten lazy somewhere in the middle(read: first 3 episodes) of S2 and I haven't touched S3 sadly. I do love how unapologetically lewd DxD is but I just gotta find some time to sit down and go through all that lewd I guess.

But all DxD girls are damn fine. Even Asia.

Even Asia.

Even Asia.

Even Asia.

EVEN ASIA

Lets see, its got decent enough plot and great "plot". I did find S3 lacking in actual story, but it did actually give Rais her full household, by making Rossweisse the final Rook. Which annoyed me alot when it was just sitting there.

Also with Rod on this, though Rossweisse is a close second.

Asia is a precious girl that I want to protect with my life. She's the cutest. <3

Also, I like how Vali became some sort of anti-hero by helping Issei out.

He's always been an anti-hero really, but the Nord arc really brought it out of him. Finally good to see that iconic Great Red scene actually shown in the anime. Always imagined what it would look like.

While I think about it there is one thing which bothers me with the entire series, along with others with chess themes through them. The King is always the strongest piece. The king can't move in to capture pieces,only allowing for self defence, is easy to restrict in moves and doesn't have the utility as much as other pieces. It is the win condition that is all.

Anyway I enjoy Vali. He isn't a actual villain, just more of someone who wants to prove his strength. On a sort of related note, I am the only one who thought of Saxon England and Wales with the Red and White dragons.

On a sort of related note, I am the only one who thought of Saxon England and Wales with the Red and White dragons.

Hardly, when one is literally Y Ddraig Goch. You know, the Dragon on the freaking flag of the country? And of course Albion meaning white, as well as being one of the oldest names for England if not THE oldest name, etc etc.

I don't really give a damn about ranking the girls save a favourite, that being Rias, but I am a fan that unlike the vast majority of ecchi/harem anime,[spoiler=Spoiler for non-novel readers]Issei actually does choose a girl over the others to be his girlfriend, that obviously being Rias, despite how she's sort of okay with him having his harem? Which I guess as a devil makes sense, but still, eh.

Archived