Welcome to the Ghost Zone Library

The Ghostwriter

sQwBgZy.png

'turns around to see someone entering while holding a feather-duster in one hand and wearing green-glowing metal bands around both of his wrists' Oh, greetings, mortals! I had not expected anyone to arrive while I was preparing the place. 'sneezes once' I had managed to convince Walker to allow me to return to my home during the event, though I was required to wear these blasted bands around my wrists so that the accursed warden could keep an eye on anything I do, guards or no. 'sighs and floats over towards his keyboard'

If you are here to check out books, you may find almost anything here. There is even a fanfiction section over near the far-right corner of the building. Enjoy your stay and... 'snaps before a large book similar to the one present in his Ask Me Anything thread elsewhere as well as a quill and ink bottle' ...if you wish, you may jot down possible ideas you would like to see turned into a story for your amusement. Whom knows, ideas I prove to like may soon become expanded into proper tales of their own.

I have no need for a silence rule in this library and for one reason. If you wish to read without being forced to listen to anyone else, just approach me and I will temporarily make it so that the area immediately around you is silenced until a preset condition if fulfilled, preventing you from hearing anyone other than yourself. Such condition is discussed between the customer and myself so that there is no disagreements or disappointments. If you are truly needed by someone else, the being in question must approach me first before conducting their business with you.

And now... 'gives a slight bow from his keyboard' Welcome to the Ghost Zone Library, the largest library throughout all of the multiverses.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tumblr_nkg5oiun3t1uo77uno1_500.gif

I am really surprised Ghostwriter. To hold such an array of scholarly material in another world, it appears that I might not know enough to teach the other students. I would like to check out a few if you so please~

Lets's see...if there are any..."suggestive magazines" that I could find to pass the time.

It's a start, I guess.

Got anything about...Lich reproduction? There's something I need to know....

Morgan I dunno if you want...

Did I ASK you?

'raises eyebrow' That is an interesting... 'thinks on that question while looking through the various categorized books in his library' I had to put most necromantic books in its own number. Try looking in the 100s, specifically the 132 books. If you do not find what you are looking for, I have seen sneaky writers place their information within history-styled books. If this is the case, I would suggest looking at the 900s sections, specifically the 920 books. I cannot guarentee you will find what you are looking for.

tumblr_nkg5oiun3t1uo77uno1_500.gif

I am really surprised Ghostwriter. To hold such an array of scholarly material in another world, it appears that I might not know enough to teach the other students. I would like to check out a few if you so please~

Lets's see...if there are any..."suggestive magazines" that I could find to pass the time.

'looks up' ...!!! CAREFUL! Some of those books are older than you, and that might be saying something! 'clears throat' Sorry, but please be careful. I realize you are a speed reader, but with a decent number of these, you can't read at such high paces. And magazines are near the front of the library, though the ones you are suggesting have an enchantment on them that prevents anyone under their world's legal ages from seeing them.

Is there a book on the best lawyer in the multiverse?

I try to keep these up-to-date, but I have phone books for universes that have them and other forms of listing for those that don't near right next to me for my own purposes as well. 'points towards a few nearby shelves that are not as high as the others' Feel free to look through them as needed.

Can I get a book on how to get over my weakness to sunlight?

Hm. Since you are technically a inanimate being, you could possibly create a form of cream that you could apply to prevent the rays from having an effect on you. Check in the 700s, mostly the 758 ones.

Books to research the other parts of the multiverse, please? Give them to pain and Panic when they are ready. The heavier, the better.

There are a fair number of maps for various universes within the 900s, specifically the 920s-928s. They should help you narrow down your future searches by a considerable amount.

(Breaking the mask a little here, but I bit more than I could chew for a second. If anyone here knows their Dewey Decimal System, they would notice that I had to use a few unused numbers in the system to cover these requests.)

Books on rebellions currently occurring in the multiverse. I intend to start an empire using those territories.

904, 909, 920-928 and 999 are the numbers you are most likely to find all that in. Some cross-referencing will be needing to find everything you are looking for, however. You may be able to help out Pain and Panic with their searches and they may be able to aid yours as well, since they would also be looking through the 920-928s.

Do you have Shrek DVDs on your Anime shelves? Or are you above that?

... 'sighs and rests his elbow on the edge of the keyboard and his chin on his crossed hands' I am not a fan of these animated stories, but I would not be a good librarian if I did not have them here. 'points towards a particular area to the right with many flat-screen TVs and couch in front of each one with a remote on them' Each television is paired up with a couch and remote. Only those sitting on a particular couch may hear the paired up television. Use the remote to search by name or topic what you wish to view. A warning, whomever holds a remote in their hand will not be able to stand until they place it back onto the couch, nor will anyone be able to even think of touching the remotes until after they sit on one of the couches. It is how I have managed to not lose any of them yet.

Do you have anything on famous weapons, specifically laser-based?

'clicks tongue and thinks on that' I would suggest starting in the 608 part of the 600s and going from there when you find something more-specific to refine your search with.

I'll see what I can find...I always thought Dad's explanation for how my mom was human was...strange....*heads over to scour the books*

'watches as she leaves before muttering quietly to himself' It is possible that a surrogate father was used...poor girl.

Hey, do you have anything on how to deal with all this paranormal sh*t? I have no problem with destroying biological and artificial beings, but crap like magic tricks, "ghosts",  so-called "gods" and so forth... let's just say I have not met with any of this before. After all, I'm from a world of science, not f*cking magic.

I understand that I am giving you a broad range to look through, but 120-159 should contain many of the books you are looking for. A large portion of them is also written with a scientific mindset in mind, so you should be able to read though and understand most of them. Where I am from has mostly become a world of science as well, though some traces of the magical past do indeed remain.

'glances at the empty book nearby' Hm, no partakers for the 'give me a story idea' book beside me?

Fine, write a story where Mandy and I conquer the multiverse. Go.

I am already working on figuring out a way to deal with your Hercules issue. It is what I'm doing now when not dealing with others. Patience is your friend here.

On a serious note, do you have anything on fighting magic? I crafted a laser sword thanks to 615, but I need to know on how to fight magic. Also, I found this book on mythological monsters up there. Shouldn't this be in the 400s?

'raises eyebrow' I need to hire employees finally. I must have been distracted to label a 571 book with the 400s. Hand that to me and I will have that corrected in a bit and placed with the other cryptozoology books. Also, most of what you are looking for will be within the 120-159s.

I am already working on figuring out a way to deal with your Hercules issue. It is what I'm doing now when not dealing with others. Patience is your friend here.

'raises eyebrow' I need to hire employees finally. I must have been distracted to label a 571 book with the 400s. Hand that to me and I will have that corrected in a bit and placed with the other cryptozoology books. Also, most of what you are looking for will be within the 120-159s.

Well, if you're hiring, my cousin needs some work. He got fired from the mines after failing a drug test and needs to find a new job.

I understand that I am giving you a broad range to look through, but 120-159 should contain many of the books you are looking for. A large portion of them is also written with a scientific mindset in mind, so you should be able to read though and understand most of them. Where I am from has mostly become a world of science as well, though some traces of the magical past do indeed remain.

'glances at the empty book nearby' Hm, no partakers for the 'give me a story idea' book beside me?

Excellent. Will check that out later.

Oh, and I got an idea for you: A world where human enhancements are available... for a monetary price. Humans destroying each other driven by greed is always amusing.

*moving book after book aside* No no that doesn't work, this wasn't to do with that I know...But then maybe...That would be impossible in those days...hmm this..what's this now...

'mutters to self while glancing in her direction' I hope she found what she was looking for...

Well, if you're hiring, my cousin needs some work. He got fired from the mines after failing a drug test and needs to find a new job.

'is silent for more than ten seconds after hearing this' ...that does not make me confident in your cousin. Quite a few of the books here I am still in the middle of reprinting, so that their newer versions may be on the shelves while the originals are put into storage for safe-keeping. I need someone that is always of sound mind to handle these books. I will keep him in mind, but do not expect him to be hired any time soon.

Excellent. Will check that out later.

Oh, and I got an idea for you: A world where human enhancements are available... for a monetary price. Humans destroying each other driven by greed is always amusing.

Once I am done with the project I'm doing for Hades, I will see about this idea.

Archived